Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 18th May 2022

(73 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 18-May-22 05:49:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear sky and the sun is up here in brackley this morning.
Plan to do a small local shop early this morning, before I start to watch the Tour of Italy cycle race on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Stilllearning Wed 18-May-22 09:05:58

Morning from a lovely bright S Lanarkshire..
Just want to say, wonderful news Chrissielou, you must be so relieved.

Enjoy your cruise Ashcombe, my DH and I did that same cruise from Scotland on The Black Prince which is no longer in service. It was a great way to visit cities we would otherwise probably never have seen, I am sure you will love it.

Busy day ahead and then ‘dog sitting’ for a couple of nights at one of my DDs’ house so will wish everyone the best day possible. Hope things go well for you and your DH, grandMattie ???

Urmstongran Wed 18-May-22 09:11:02

My beautiful hosta comes up every year - no slugs in apartment life. 12 years now and thriving.

? to you Shelflife so sorry to hear you have family angst that won’t resolve. In time, perhaps acceptance will soften the sharp edges.

EkwaNimitee Wed 18-May-22 09:11:31

Good morning Mick and all from sunny warm Carlisle where I have already been out mowing my front lawn.
I had a reassuring chat from the doc yesterday re my prolapse. She commented that my interior was more or less as expected for someone of my age. I think she meant saggy and baggy, same as my exterior! I'm to carry on with my exercises whilst awaiting a review from the practice nurse.
I plan to do some planting out in the garden later after catching up with admin and housework.
Great news Chrissielou, what a weight of worry off all your shoulders.
Your poor H, Susan, he sounds really miserable with a bad attack of it.
Have the best possible day everyone and happy cruising Mr and Mrs Ashcombe

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 18-May-22 09:15:24

Beechnut no , no Oopsies visited whilst we were away.

It’s a mystery…..

Grandmabatty Wed 18-May-22 09:18:39

Urms my hosta is food for the slugs and snails every year. It starts off hopefully then is usually eaten to bare stalks.

Mapleleaf Wed 18-May-22 09:19:48

Good morning all,

It’s a beautiful morning here in South Yorkshire and I’ll be out in the garden soon to pot on a few plants.

Congratulations to Greyduster (lovely to see you posting on GM thread again) and Baubles on the latest additions to your families.

Have a super cruise, Ash, and to anyone else on holiday, have a lovely time.

Great news about your daughter, ChrissieLou.

I do hope H is feeling a little better today, Susan. It sounds awful for him.

Fingers crossed that your DH is able to come home today, GrandMattie and that he enjoys a piece of your fruitcake.

I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone off my list today, but wish every one of you a good day.

Lovely to see your post, Shelflife and I hope that you post again.

dragonfly46 Wed 18-May-22 09:25:42

Shelflife as others have said it is good to see you and sending you strength to deal with your ongoing worries (flowers)

Grannmarie Wed 18-May-22 09:36:37

Good morning Mick and all. It's brighter today, fingers crossed for some sunshine ?.
Childcare with DGS2 today, we've already built a car park and staged some accidents so that the NeeNaws can come to the rescue. I have a minute to myself now, the wee boy is cuddled up beside Papa watching a car video before our walk. Happy times, I'm very thankful.

Hoping and praying that MrGM gets home soon to his loved ones.??

Wonderful news, Chrissielou!

Safe travels and happy holidays, Shazza, and enjoy your day in Leeds Grandmadinosaur.

I have lunch in the west end of Glasgow with a dear friend tomorrow, first time since before the pandemic. Hopefully we'll manage a wee walk in the Botanics too.

Thinking of all with worries, illness or sorrow.
Have the best Wednesday possible.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 18-May-22 09:58:28

Good morning Mick and everyone it’s a lovely sunny hot day here.
Just in the hairdressers I love to read about all your activities while waiting for my colour to take.
Such a lot of lovely activities and family news today some worrying and a lot happy.

grandMattie so pleased you had a good night and best wishes for your DH coming home.

Sar what wonderful memories you are making and to Ashcombe enjoy your cruise.

It’s wonderful to hear baby news as always. New life fills us all with hope.

Chrissielou so delighted to hear about your daughter being in remission.

Grandmadinosaur enjoy your shopping in Leeds and knowing you you will be treating other people.

Grannmarie enjoy your day with your DGS.
Those grandchildren snuggles are the absolute best.
Heading off for a week but I shall keep reading about all your news.

Take care everyone hope Wednesday brings a few moments of joy??

Georgesgran Wed 18-May-22 10:00:56

A late good morning from Durham - blue skies, but a nip in the wind.
Chrissie what wonderful news and for gM I hope your DH is home today, where he wants to be and is comfortable.
I’ve woken with a sore throat but also a message from DD2 that she has toothache and an emergency appointment this afternoon, so can I look after DGS2 while she’s there. Not a problem as I was only planning some admin and gardening today.
Have a good one.

Taichinan Wed 18-May-22 10:12:13

Oh dear me - or words to that effect! I've just managed to lose my post. What I was saying before I so readily interrupted myself was that it is still fifty shades of grey on the Angus coast today BUT there is a fifty-first shade every now and again which I believe to be BLUE! Breezy too which will help dry the towel wash which I have just hung out.
Yesterday I had lunch with a friend at a beautiful old Drovers' Inn. It's in the middle of nowhere, but the chef there would hold his own on Master Chef. The sun shone on us after lunch as we sat out in the garden, which was bliss, and consequently it was 5.30 before I got home. Today I shall take another friend out for a run (in the car!!) and we shall probably end up at a local fruit farm for one of their famous enormous strawberry tarts! What a life I am leading at present - after the famine the feast.
Gmattie I have my fingers and toes all crossed for you, and so glad you had a good night.
Now off I go to tackle a pile of ironing before getting a coffee and reading all your posts. Have a very good day all x

mamaa Wed 18-May-22 10:27:26

Beechnut

Did any of your young Oopsies come and borrow them while you were away Oops.

This happened to me. Went round to AC 1's house and noticed an ironing board leaning against a wall which looked very like mine...it was mine!
AC had 'borrowed' it whilst we were away- I hadn't gone into the 'glory-hole' where it usually lived so hadn't noticed its absence...brought it home with me, and dear reader, they still haven't got their own!

Blossoming Wed 18-May-22 10:29:30

Good morning Mick and all. It’s glorious sunshine in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C.

No real plans for today, Mr. B is just returned with our weekly supermarket shop and bakery order so we will have a cup of tea then I will help put the shopping away. After that who knows? I will try to take advantage of the weather and get out for a stroll, but suspect it may be a totter. My muscles were weak and achy first thing but it’s easing after a few stretching exercises.

Wishing Ash, Shazza and any other holidaymakers wonderful time.
Good to see Greyduster back with us and congratulations on the new arrival.
Fingers crossed for *Grandmattie.
Great news Chrissielou.

What a lovely thing to say Shelflife, sorry to hear about your family health problem flowers]. Gransnet has helped me a great deal these last few years.

Hope all the grans and families who are ailing feel better soon. Have the best day you can all and hope you find a ?or ?? along the way.

joyce6135 Wed 18-May-22 10:31:50

Wonderful news from Chrissie, ?for GrandMattie and her hubby, best wishes for a lovely cruise fo Ash, and [ flowers] for Shelflife, your life seems very much like my own. For anyone i’ve missed, warm wishes to you all.

hollysteers Wed 18-May-22 10:56:11

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny northwest coast.
Very pleased I was able to sing yesterday and the frogs kept out of it, then a nice meal and catch up with singing friends not seen for aged, but feel the effects of the wine now. Hardly drink and unlike then, am a lightweight these days.
My neighbour has a tree surgeon working away so it’s pretty noisy just now. He’s recommended them to me, so we will see what they suggest. I’m living in a forest these days.
mulberry7 mentioned the author DE Stevenson on Monday and I am reading “Miss Buncle’s Book”, never read her before and love it, nice and light.
Good news chrissielou and thoughts to *grandMattie’ and anyone with worries.

NannyJan53 Wed 18-May-22 10:57:38

Lovely to hear from you Shelflife flowers

dustyangel Wed 18-May-22 11:11:45

Good morning everyone from a very sunny and already hot (30°)Algarve.

My lovely son in law with grandson and his partner arrived on Friday and my routine changed completely of course. It’s wonderful to see them all but today they were up early and off to Lagoa for the day and DH and I are enjoying a peaceful lazy day.
Only the washing to hang out and then I can catch up with all your news.

Taichinan Wed 18-May-22 11:57:42

Welcome to great-great-aunthood Greyduster. How lovely!
Wonderful news Chrissielou! You and your daughter must be so elated.
Ginny your typo made me laugh - I was wondering how seeing donkeys could raise money!!
And Kittylester, DD's New Man and his sons are as ecstatic as you are about The Reds success!

Taichinan Wed 18-May-22 12:19:27

That's an amazing pic Gingster! And it looks so calm and serene there.
Welcome Shelf life. Sorry you are still feeling low since the days (weeks and months) of Covid lockdowns. I am just now daring to start being normal again - Covid has so much to answer for. I find sunshine lifts my spirits - something that has been in very short supply here recently! My tai chi classes are a boon - and the company of family of course. Do pop in and chat again soon - it's very therapeutic.

dustyangel Wed 18-May-22 12:27:55

Fantastic news Chrissielou.?

Grannmarie Wed 18-May-22 12:31:36

Congratulations on the new babies, Baubles and Greyduster, ? ? , so much to look forward to!
Hello ? Shelflife flowers

aggie Wed 18-May-22 12:57:46

Goodness, I definitely typed a message here this morning, !
Anyway good day everyone, sun shining wind blowing , one wash on the line , next one in the machine spinning away nicely
I woke too early but stayed in bed reading , so got a fuzzy head , I daren’t have a nap or I’ll never sleep tonight
Lovely news fromChrissielou
I hope today is a good day for GM
Marydoll take it easy today ….. well try at least !