Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 18th May 2022

(72 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 18-May-22 05:49:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear sky and the sun is up here in brackley this morning.
Plan to do a small local shop early this morning, before I start to watch the Tour of Italy cycle race on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 18-May-22 06:05:30

Good morning from a clear sunny E Kent.
I had a really good night, a first for ages.
DH had a rather mixed day; the catheter is doing it’s job but they are still a little concerned about the renewed vomiting. I’m keeping everything crossed for him to come, home today - his dearest wish.
I’ve just put a fruit cake in the oven, “order” from Mr. gM. Got the laundry to put on the line and house to tidy (it isn’t messy) before he comes home ?and ready for DD’s visit tomorrow.
Have a day full of sunshine ☀️. Carpe diem ????

Scentia Wed 18-May-22 06:05:48

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where the sun is shining ☀️
No idea why I am up this early but as it’s sunny I am pottering in the garden before work.
Enjoy the Giro Mick
After work I will be delivering some bits and bobs I have given away on free site ‘Olio’
I am off to Mug on a Tug with DGD tomorrow to paint a pot!
Take care everyone and ❤️ for anyone who will be having a hard time.

Sar53 Wed 18-May-22 06:12:15

An early good morning from Bram in France. If it's anything like yesterday it will be hot, hot, hot today.

We are having an early trip out to a large shopping centre on the outskirts of Carcassonne this morning. The afternoon will be spent by the pool reading.

Yesterday we had lunch at a local chateau run by youngsters with learning difficulties. It was great, lovely food and service and a peaceful setting in a shady garden.

I hope you all have a lovely Wednesday and that the sun shines for you whatever you are up to.

Love from France xxx

Ashcombe Wed 18-May-22 06:17:50

Good morning from a sunny Newcastle! Our rail journey took two hours longer than scheduled due to a points failure at Chesterfield. ☹️

A special day as we embark on a two week cruise to celebrate my 70th birthday, two years after the event! We shall be visiting various Baltic cities, apart from St. Petersburg….

I hope Mr.gM is able to come home to enjoy family time. Enjoy whatever you’ve planned, everyone! Not sure how often I’ll be able post once we’re on board but I’ll be thinking of you all. ?????

grandMattie Wed 18-May-22 06:32:18

I hope you have a wonderful time Ash and come back refreshed and rested.❤️

Greyduster Wed 18-May-22 06:34:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out again in South Yorkshire. I have some cooking to finish off this morning before I head off to DD’s this afternoon for a walk and possibly an overnight stay. We have a new baby in the family as of yesterday and my niece is now a granny - no-one deserves it more.
Enjoy your cruise, Ash; no-one would get me on a boat I can’t fish over the side of, but I would love to see the places you will visit.
Grandmattie I have my fingers crossed your DH will be home today where he is happiest.
Have a super day one and all.

monk08 Wed 18-May-22 06:41:14

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
Mums and toddlers this morning, then a visit to the hygienist this afternoon. Dinner will be easy DH has booked us for a meal at local sizzling pub they're doing 50%off so will take advantage.
? that Mr Mattie can be home with family.
Happy cruising Ash?
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Chrissielou Wed 18-May-22 06:42:30

Bon voyage Ashcombe I hope you have a wonderful time.
The sun is shining and the birds are singing here in Oxfordshire.
We are overjoyed, my DD1 is now in complete remission from her cancer. She needs to continue with the chemo for a few months, but the news was more than we ever dared to hope.
Thank you for your kindness during some very dark days, especially those who have messaged me, and are also going through similar gruelling times.

BlueBalou Wed 18-May-22 06:47:17

Good morning everyone from my corner of Wiltshire, there were beautiful blue skies when I woke up but it’s clouded over now.
How lovely to go on a cruise Ashcombe, I would love to do one but DH isn’t keen and I’m not brave enough to do one on my own.
My fingers are crossed too grandMattie, I hope today goes well. You’re up very early baking!
Housework today after DDog’s walk, and I need to start thinking about the holiday at the end of next week.
Have a good day everyone x

Beechnut Wed 18-May-22 06:47:20

Good Morning everyone from Severnside and ?to EV.
It’s a bright and sunny morning.

I’m off out to see if I need/can get a dentist appointment then to the bank. After that will be a little shopping mooch.

I hope your DH is allowed home Mattie.

Enjoy your belated birthday cruise Mr&MrsAsh
??

monk08 Wed 18-May-22 06:48:25

Such wonderful news Chrissielou a lovely start to the day?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 18-May-22 06:55:11

Morning Mick and all

It is a glorious morning here in S E Essex, the sun is shining, birds are singing I am waiting for the 7yr old to wake up then it will be busy. He has requested scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, school at 8am. I shall than strip beds and get them washed before I go to the gym.

Chrissilou what wonderful news for you, your DD must be so relieved xx

Ashcombe enjoy your belated birthday cruise, I hope the sea is kind to you.

Sar53 I would love to be in France, your holiday sounds idyllic.

grandMattie fingers crossed your DH comes home today.

Enjoy this beautiful weather if you are fortunate to have it wherever you are.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Grandmadinosaur Wed 18-May-22 06:56:14

Good morning all from a sunny East Yorkshire.

Chrissielou that is just the best news to wake up to today. I am so pleased for you and your DD.

GM fingers crossed it all goes to plan today and your DH gets to enjoy the fruit cake.

Bon voyage Ash and Olddudders

Happy holiday to Shazza today hope you have a great time.

I got all the things I wanted to get done yesterday. Had a lovely time with GS after school and we played a Dear Zoo version of Matching Pairs. DH is as competitive as ever and won’t let GS win!

Today I am off on the train to Leeds for a day browsing the shops.

Take care everyone.

mumofmadboys Wed 18-May-22 06:56:32

Good morning from Cumbria! Sunny here too.Hope Mr GM gets home today. Great news about your DD Chrissie. Enjoy your cruise Ash. I have been on the Balmoral twice - lovely ship - just the right size.
All going well here.The job is going well for our dad from UA, the 4 year old is enjoying nursery, the 2 year old is quite a little performer and so expressive! Have to take mum to appt about UC today 20 miles away so DH will need to do nursery pick up. Don't know that she will be due anything but have been told by Cumbria council to do it. There is another family from Ukraine is our town apparently. I have been given the address so may go and knock on the door and make contact!
Have the best day you can all and enjoy the sun.

Aldom Wed 18-May-22 06:56:38

Chrissielou what wonderful news. So happy for you all. flowers

Grandmadinosaur Wed 18-May-22 06:56:49

Forgot to say your holiday in France sounds idyllic Sar

baubles Wed 18-May-22 07:06:34

Good morning all from breezy South Lanarkshire.

Delighted to hear your daughter’s news Chrissielou.

Have a a fabulous holiday Ash.

Fingers crossed that your DH gets home Mattie.

Change of plan yesterday, we did get to meet our as yet unnamed baby grandson who is, of course, simply beautiful.

Work today then I’m going straight out into town with a friend for a bite to eat before we go to see Don Giovanni. I’m looking forward to it immensely.

Have the best day possible everyone. ??

dragonfly46 Wed 18-May-22 07:08:55

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire. It rained a little last night so no need to water.

Lots of good news here today - pleased you had a good night Mattie, a new baby is always wonderful Greyduster and Chrissielou that is wonderful news about your daughter. She can move forward with a lighter heart.

I am hoping H is not suffering too much Susan he has had a lot to contend with and Ginnies and kittys poorly daughters feel better soon.

Coffee with friends this morning and dog walking. The water feature man thinks he can fix our feature - it hasn’t working for years so I am thrilled.

Have a good day every one.

Jaxjacky Wed 18-May-22 07:20:30

Morning from high cloud in S Hants.
The best news Chrissielou.
Have an amazing cruise Ash
gMattie fingers crossed your DH is home speedy quick.
I had my bottom teeth bonded yesterday, dreaded it, but am so pleased it’s now done, I slept well last night.
Have your best day if you can all ??

ginny Wed 18-May-22 07:22:42

Good morning from a bright N. Bucks.
Lovely news Chrisilou
Pleased GMattie had a good night.
Greyduster congratulations on the new GS.

Another busy day for me. I have 1 year old DGS for an hour or so this morning.
Two cakes to make for a local charity.
This afternoon we have our monthly WI craft group meeting where we will be seeing Donkeys to raise money for the donkey sanctuary in Devon.
Wishing all a good day with a smile along the way.

brook2704 Wed 18-May-22 07:23:46

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve blue sky and the sun is shining
So pleased for your DD chrissilou what wonderful news and I wish her all the very best
Special new babies to cuddle baubles and greyduster enjoy!
Hoping your DH gets home to enjoy his fruit cake gMattie
Today I’m off to the shops first thing, then a trip to the gym for the Aqua class and afterwards a coffee and catch up with my friend
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

ginny Wed 18-May-22 07:24:12

Seeing. =. Sewing.

kittylester Wed 18-May-22 07:30:36

Good morning all from a lovely, bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

Great excitement in the Lester household as Forest are going to Wemberley! Not sure I can cope.

This morning I have a Carer's course - benefits and legal stuff this week.

Sending love and support to all who need it today.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 18-May-22 07:30:41

Good morning Mick and everyone from a very sunny Oxfordshire .
Great news Chrissielou I remember the feeling very well when we had the same news about MissOops and that was over 20 years ago!.
I have lost my mop and red bucket, we looked everywhere yesterday, I washed the floors before we went away and have looked in the house, garage, potting shed, cabin, side shed and lastly the greenhouse and it’s nowhere to be found, very odd, I took MrOops with me in case I just wasn’t seeing it, but we are flummoxed, so I have to go and buy a new one today, along with a new undercounter fridge, I had the thermostat fixed a few years ago, but today it’s a very un fridgey fridge.
So that’s my day.
Pleased you had a good night GM my nights lately have been plagued with nightmares, I think I’m reading to much ‘news’.
Have a good day,in the sun hopefully and hugs to those who aren’t so chipper today.