Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 20th May 2022

(70 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 20-May-22 05:59:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry at the present time , but its dull overhead , could be a wet day here in brackley today .
Plans I may go to Bicester early on the bus before bus pass time , but also do a early local shop as well .
Then watch cycling on TV later.
TakeCare,
Mick

Sar53 Fri 20-May-22 07:23:34

Good morning from France. Grey and windy at the moment.

We had a lovely day in Carcassonne yesterday. My first sight of the walled city reduced me to tears. We had a walk around all the tiny streets, a good lunch and a ride on the little train that takes you all around the outside of La Cite. This has to be one of my most favourite places to visit.

No plans for today at the moment but I'm sure we will find something or somewhere to go.

My best wishes to all of you. Love from France xxx

Nannagarra Fri 20-May-22 07:25:41

I’m all for short cuts Grandmabatty!
(Other suppliers are available.)

monk08 Fri 20-May-22 07:26:48

Good morning all from a dull Black country.
Dil sent a video of youngest Dgs out on his bike so lovely to see him out after his trip to A&E and a week of sickness, just need to get his brother back on track although don't think it's affecting him so bad.
Going to look for some new glasses today feel like a change.
Happy belated birthday wishes Ash ??.
Hope chemo goes well for your DH gMattie
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Marydoll Fri 20-May-22 07:27:49

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, it's 11° here.

GM, I hope all goes well today, an anxious time for all of you. I was thinking a lot of Gymstagran yesterday and couldn't begin to imagine how she feels. To lose a child is an unbearable suffering, as some on here already know. ?
MOMB, I hope the wee family are settling in and all is going smoothly.

A small shop for me today and trying to finish off the death clean, before DD and SIL move in tomorrow.
I could have wept when they turned up unexpectedly yesterday at 9am with even more boxes for their room, despite the fact I hadn't finished emptying drawers etc.
I am having an RA flare up at the moment and no stamina so can only manage a small bit at a time, as any activity is leaving me exhausted.
They arrived when I was frustratingly locked out of a bank account and I was frantically trying to sort it. To say I was not in the best of humours, is a slight understatement. Normally, I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but since having Covid, I have felt very anxious and seem have lost my indomitable spirit to tackle anything life throws at me.

Because they were off to a wedding, they had decided to get ready here, because SIL keeps his kilt and jacket here (and of course it needed pressed, all million pleats in it).
DD decided to have a shower and wash her hair here too, since our hairdresser is very unwell and and the owner asked if she could wash her hair first, as they were so short staffed. I had forgotten the chaos she leaves in her path!

I asked DD if she would like me to do her make up (she is a bit of a tomboy) and surprisingly she agreed. She has the most beautiful, sparkling eyes and looked absolutely stunning, when I had finished. The look on her SIL's face, when he saw her, made me feel quite emotional.

There were a number of positives amongst all the drama. I found the missing boot, I have been searching for since Christmas (in a box of summer shoes) , got rid of a fair number of pairs I liked, but will never be able to wear again and discovered a few new pairs, bought when I was shielding, but I had forgotten about. I do not think I have enough feet, nor time left to wear them all!
I had two nicknames in school, Mary Doll and Imelda (as in Marcos). Its a bit late now for help with my obsession. ?

I wish you all the best of days and still keep the other poorly daughters and all those struggling in my thoughts and prayers.
For those with activities planned for today, enjoy!
Susan, I hope wee H is on the mend!
I will be back later to catch up, I am a woman on a mission this morning!?

Grandmadinosaur Fri 20-May-22 07:28:46

Good morning from East Yorkshire. It is 11 degrees with a dull sky.

You’ll be in my thoughts today GM and you were in my dreams last night.

Happy Birthday for yesterday Ash sounds like it was an enjoyable one indeed.

Yesterday I had a long phone chat with a dear friend. We live in different parts of the country and agreed to meet up in London later in the summer. Something to look forward to.
GS was here after school and they had had a Jubilee celebration lunch. He said there were flags on the ceiling, party food and did I know God had saved the Queen which made me chuckle!

DH is taking the day off for us to spend some time together but he has had bad news this week re his mum so that is going to take up some time. I won’t go in to it but it’s not looking good. She also lives some distance away which makes things difficult.
On a lighter note I am out this evening with my friend to see an Abba tribute show.

Take care everyone.

Grandmabatty Fri 20-May-22 07:33:07

Thank you Nannagarra!!

Urmstongran Fri 20-May-22 07:37:43

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from a dry but white cloud south Manchester where we have a high of only 16°C today and a chance of rain showers from noon. Ah well, we have no plans. L’il Miss is going in to school today but we are on standby if need.

I might see if I can find a duster and the can of polish later unless the urge leaves me of course. Always good to wait these moments out a while to see whether they pass.
#lazygran

Enjoy Friday all who can. Thoughts with all our grans with illness in their families. x

ginny Fri 20-May-22 07:41:31

Good morning everyone. A dull start in N. Bucks , maybe it will get brighter.

DH off to golf and I have youngest DGS for the day as DD3 has to be away today.
DD1 is coming over and we will entertain him together and enjoy lunch in our little town.
Later will pick up his brother from school band deliver them both back to their Daddy.
Thoughts with all who are I’ll or have worries. Wishing all a good day with a smile along the way.

cornergran Fri 20-May-22 07:50:16

Morning Mick, morning All from a rainy corner of Somerset.

Busy morning yesterday in the garden, it’s tiny but keeps me busy. The buds on the roses are beginning to open, I love it out there. Mr C sanded and stained two garden chairs, no wonder it’s raining

We’d planned to move a shed today, not in the rain for sure. Wait and see time here.

Hope your husband can tolerate today grandMattie. A sad day for you all dragonfly flowers. I’m sorry your husband has had bad news grandmadinosaur. A belated happy birthday ash, sounds an excellent day. Understand the shoes marydoll, far too many here I don’t wear and perhaps never will.

Take care everyone. Hope Friday is kind to us all.

BlueSapphire Fri 20-May-22 07:51:24

Good morning everyone from a wet Northampton. Can't complain, the gardens need it.
My usual Friday bus trip to the shops later, with lunch in the M&S Cafe.

Busy day yesterday with tap and ballet classes, then a lovely evening walk around our old village, followed by dinner at the pub. Also staked up my peonies which have loads of buds.

Best wishes to Mr grandMattie, hoping everything goes well today.

Enjoy Copenhagen, Ash; hope you get to see the Little Mermaid. I saw it from a boat trip and then realised that our ship was berthed a short walk from it, so after lunch on board I walked down to see it close up. Well worth doing.

Take care and have a good day everyone.

brook2704 Fri 20-May-22 07:57:23

dragonfly ❤️

BlueSapphire Fri 20-May-22 08:01:57

The Little Mermaid for Ash.

Mapleleaf Fri 20-May-22 08:03:02

Good morning,

Greyduster has the weather report spot on. I hope it brightens up later for my walk to the hairdresser. It looks a bit “iffy” at the moment, as if we might have some rain.

I managed to do some more potting on yesterday, planting on some petunias in preparation for putting them outside, and some heucheras which I hope the vine weevils & their grubs leave in peace this year.The petunias will stay in the greenhouse a bit longer as it’s still inclined to be a bit chilly through the night. I still haven’t found the errant dahlia tuber, so goodness knows what happened to it ?.

Happy belated birthday, Ash ??. Enjoy Copenhagen today.

Hope all goes as well as possible today for your DH, GrandMattie.

Well, I’d better stir myself and get my breakfast.

Take care.

NannyJan53 Fri 20-May-22 08:08:26

Good morning from a dull Black Country, after a sunny day yesterday.

Lovely walk yesterday, then a trip on the train to Resorts World for 'Young Voices'. It was hard to see DGD's school, let alone her.

U3A walk this morning, then start sorting out clothes to take to the caravan on Sunday for our trip to Bude.

Hope all goes well today for Mr GM.

Gingster Fri 20-May-22 08:12:08

Good morning and the sky is lightening here at the seaside.

Yesterdays rain in the morning cleared by lunchtime and the warm sun shone. Not sure what the weather will do today.

After our walk along Dunwich beach we went to Dunwich Heath and had another walk there. No one around and beautiful gorse and broom bushes , rowan trees alight with blossom. In another couple of months the Heath will be covered in purple Heather. My namesake !

We bought some bedding plants from a roadside stall which are now planted up. They may or may not survive as we are very open to the elements here. Some plants surprise us and thrive. We’ll see! ?.

Some more gardening today and a bit of patching up redecoration following our new heating system . He really did a good job and it hasn’t caused too much work for us.

Ash have a great holiday and happy birthday for yesterday. I love cruises and hope to go on one in the not too distant ! ?.
We did the world cruise 6 years ago. (4 months) an amazing experience! ?.

Hoping you all have a good day. ?

Pittcity Fri 20-May-22 08:19:47

Good morning from the new City of Colchester. It's a grey day,cooler than recent days and rain forecast.
A walk to the shops is all that needs doing today as I got all the laundry and garden work done yesterday.
Love to all ?x

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 20-May-22 08:19:58

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
Good luck with your DHs chemo Grandmattie
Belated birthday ? greetings Ashcombe
Had a lousy night list night and have a busy day today. Have to take my iPad in and decide whether to upgrade or repair. Have a lunchtime telephone appointment with physio. We have to go to a gala at DGDs school, then be home for Zoom call ? early evening. Don’t think I shall be awake much after that!
Have the best day possible folks

Susan56 Fri 20-May-22 08:23:01

A sad day for you and your family today dragonfly, thinking of you all?

H is definitely on the mend today, thank you to everyone who has sent good wishes and asked after him.DD says he has obviously enjoyed all the fussing as although he is obviously getting better he is doing a good impression of a poorly boy whenever he feels he hasn’t got 100% of her attention??

Beechnut Fri 20-May-22 08:27:38

Good Morning everyone from wet Severnside.
Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Ash ???

Off later to do my weekly shop and May do some indoor shed painting. On opening my masonry paint colour it was lighter than I wanted but dried darker and I was pleased.

Good wishes to all who have appointments and the same to those who don’t ???

frankie66 Fri 20-May-22 08:31:00

What are you reporting?.

hollysteers Fri 20-May-22 08:33:27

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast. Love Chester Nannagarra, have spent quite a lot of time there and had a caravan near Delamere Forest until 2020. Lovely spot.
Tree surgeon has looked at my own forest and given a modest estimate. As it’s a conservation area, will need to apply for permission. I’m glad something is happening as the garden certainly doesn’t get the same attention as when my DH was alive.
Off to art group and coughing nearly over, thank goodness.
Thoughts to grandMattie and her DH ?

Grandmadinosaur Fri 20-May-22 08:35:20

Is it connected to the 5 year Anniversary at the Manchester Arena. Frankie66

baubles Fri 20-May-22 08:40:24

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s another bright and breezy start to the day.

My sincere condolences Gymstagran.

Dragonfly flowers

Belated birthday wishes to you Ash

All the best to your DH Mattie.

I have nothing in particular planned so I’ll just see where the day takes me.

Sending my good wishes to everyone especially those coping with worries.

Jaxjacky Fri 20-May-22 08:44:07

Apologies frankie66 if it’s innocuous, but many of us are wary of links with no explanation from unknown posters.

frankie66 Fri 20-May-22 08:48:37

No worries, Jaxjacky...smile