Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 20th May 2022

(70 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 20-May-22 05:59:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry at the present time , but its dull overhead , could be a wet day here in brackley today .
Plans I may go to Bicester early on the bus before bus pass time , but also do a early local shop as well .
Then watch cycling on TV later.
TakeCare,
Mick

aggie Fri 20-May-22 09:17:20

Good morning all, dull here , I hope all sadness meets some sun today ??
Jim’s Anniversary today , no one has remembered , but it’s ok , he would have laughed
I’m off out to art class ,

Grandmabatty Fri 20-May-22 09:17:49

aggie ?

Gymstagran Fri 20-May-22 09:18:29

Good Morning everyone, apologies as I haven't read the thread yet. However, I just wanted to say thankyou for all the lovely messages of condolence. It certainly did help yesterday. I had held off saying anything on this thread once I knew my daughter was terminal. I know there are other moms who have daughters with cancer and I didn't want to upset them . Thank you all.

MawtheMerrier Fri 20-May-22 09:21:13

Gymstagran flowersflowers

Taichinan Fri 20-May-22 09:23:19

Good morning all from the Angus coast where the sun is shining if you look eastward and the clouds are building if you look westward. No prizes for guessing which direction I'm facing!
Bluebalou I got my bluetooth hearing aids last December and they make such a difference! I'm sure you'll love them.
I hope your DH's chemo today is not as bad as he expects grandmattie and that all goes well. Glad he perked up yesterday when your DD was there.
Happy Birthday yesterday Ash - what a lovely way to spend it!
Sad memories dragonfly flowers
Yesterday's tai chi classes went well - I do so enjoy them. I feel really tired when I get home, but a couple of hours later I feel better than I do for the rest of the week. They say of tai chi that if you take it up when you're 60, by the time you're 80 you'll have the vitality of a 40 year old. Well I did, I am, and I sometimes think I have!
It's been a lovely, busy old week so today I am relaxing before a busy weekend which will include a Diversity concert with DD and DGDs.
Have a lovely day everyone, with all your plans working out the way you want x

Grandmadinosaur Fri 20-May-22 09:32:21

Dragonfly ?

Aggie ?

harrigran Fri 20-May-22 09:38:16

Good morning from the NE where it is dry and bright.
CCTV maintenance this afternoon, shouldn't take long as it was just renewed last year. SIL is coming and will stay for dinner tonight.
I am expecting a delivery, the order from Donald Russell last week never arrived. This week the meal is a Michel Roux one so I am expecting a high standard.
Yesterday DS took me to a RSPB reserve and we spent the afternoon birdwatching, the avocets had chicks and so did the Mediterranean gulls. I was also able to watch an egret for quite some time. I am getting more exercise than I have had in years but my joints are feeling it.
Happy belated birthday Ash, have a wonderful holiday.
Thinking of you and your DH gM, here's hoping it goes to plan.

EkwaNimitee Fri 20-May-22 09:43:09

Good morning Mick and everyone from Carlisle. It's quite bright here and the sun is trying to get out. A bit more planting out later I think. After a bit of admin and a long telephone chat with my sister.
I've finally got out and got into my summer wear. I'm embarrassed by the amount of t shirts I have, I probably have more of them than Marydoll has shoes. They may come to a good end one day...I've just bought a hall runner made of recycled ones with its base being recycled plastic bottles, plus it's made in the UK. I can look at it with a clear conscience!
Happy birthday to you Ashcombe, may the waters stay calm.

And hoping your DH's treatment goes well, grandMattie and that he doesn't suffer unduly.

Chris3 Fri 20-May-22 09:51:09

Good morning from South Yorkshire. The weather looks like it could go either way. Grandkids stayed overnight last night as their parents were at a wedding. Successfully managed to get them both to school on time which feels like an achievement. How I ever got 3 out the door and off to school and then went to work I'll never know. Couldn't do it now.
Himself has a hospital appointment today. He has a lump which is a bit suspect but he has stable lymphoma and has had for years so hopefully it is just that and they will remove it along with all the other lumps they have removed over the years ? ?
I shall be picking the grandchildren up from school again today and keeping them for a while as dil1 and ds1 are off to collect a train set board. Dgs1 who is train mad will be so excited when he sees it and had no idea they are going to get it.
Grandmattie I hope all goes well for your husband ?
Sincere condolences gymstagran?
Wishing you all a good day xxx

Anniebach Fri 20-May-22 09:51:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Blossoming Fri 20-May-22 09:57:23

Good morning Mick and all. It’s bright with scattered cloud in my corner of Lancashire, currently 14°C.

I’m rushing this morning as I have an appointment. I just wanted to send best wishes to Grandmattie and her DH. Hope the chemo goes as well as these things can.

Will pop back and catch up with the news later.

yogitree Fri 20-May-22 10:06:09

Good morning everyone. My daughter's baby is due today!

Scapa1 Fri 20-May-22 10:10:25

Yogi tree hope all goes well! Exciting times.

Urmstongran Fri 20-May-22 10:11:19

Oh Gymstagran how thoughtful have you been in considering others whilst going through such an awful time for you? I cannot imagine your grief right now.
?

luluaugust Fri 20-May-22 10:13:47

Good morning from a wet W Kent. Early phone call from Ear consultant and it looks like I will get a hearing test just hope its not another 7 month wait. DGS 5 has gone off to Norfolk this morning on a school trip biggest suitcase you have ever seen for a three day trip!
So much going on for everybody, good and bad, so very best wishes for today to all

gillgran Fri 20-May-22 10:52:00

Good Morning to you all from Cambs., the rain that was forecast has just started, I know that the gardeners & growers are in desperate need of it, but I had ordered it for overnight!!

Thinking of you & your DH today, grandMattie.

Marydoll, try to "pace yourself", dear lady.

Kind thoughts for dragonfly.

Still thinking of Gymstagran & your family.

Belated Birthday wishes to Ashcombe.

flowers for you all, Take Care.

dustyangel Fri 20-May-22 12:07:44

Good morning everyone from a very dull and windy Algarve.

It’s still very warm despite the grey sky looming over us and DSiL, DGS and his partner are all determined to get some washing done and dried before they go home on Sunday so load after load is going into washing machine.

The plan is to leave some clean, dry clothes here ready for their next visit. Fine in theory but I hope they’ve pegged their stuff out securely as we’ve had weather warnings of 50 mile an hour gusts and they’ve gone out. hmm

Happy Birthday wishes to Ashcombe???

Grannmarie Fri 20-May-22 12:52:58

Good afternoon from dry but cloudy North Lanarkshire. I have a man power washing my patio and drive just now, hope the rain stays off till he is done!

Sincere condolences to Gymstagran and family on your heartbreaking bereavement. ??

Kind thoughts to Dragonflyflowers and Aggieflowers.

Wishing your DD a speedy and safe delivery, Yogitree!

Happy birthday Ash, enjoy your cruise ?.
Best wishes to all on holiday, hope you're enjoying the sunshine Shazza!

Hoping and praying that all goes well for MrGM's treatment. ?

Thinking of all with worries, illness or sorrow.

Take care, have the best Friday possible!

Stilllearning Fri 20-May-22 12:59:54

A very late read today and just want send?and thoughts to aggie and dragonfly

I don’t know you Gymstagran but I would like to add my condolences for your terrible loss.