Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 20th May 2022

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 20-May-22 05:59:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry at the present time , but its dull overhead , could be a wet day here in brackley today .
Plans I may go to Bicester early on the bus before bus pass time , but also do a early local shop as well .
Then watch cycling on TV later.
TakeCare,
Mick

Jaxjacky Fri 20-May-22 06:06:23

Good morning Mick and those stirring. Dull morning in S Hants, awaiting the rain promised soon.
Lifts to sort from yesterday’s calls, washing, a walk and Tesco delivery later, that’s my day.
Hope poorly people are improving, travellers are having easy journeys and those on holiday having a wonderful time.
May you all have a ? or ??.

grandMattie Fri 20-May-22 06:13:14

Good morning from a dull E Kent. We are promised more rain.
The trees for philip chosen by his son, we planted yesterday - an Amelanchier and a Liquidambar. I old DGS that he needed to put 2 gallons of water on them twice a week! Hope that helps settle them in!
First chemotherapy today. Poor DH is feeling very anxious. I’m allowed in with him as he won’t remember the symptoms to look for when the drugs are being delivered.
DH didn’t have a good morning, he slept most of it until DD arrived around 3. He then perked up, was chatty, had some dinner in clouding a small bowl of berries, ice cream and chocolate sauce (no lunch and 1/2 slice of toast for breakfast)!
Sending everyone who needs them, all my best vibes. Carpe diem. ???☀️?

Pantglas2 Fri 20-May-22 06:15:04

Buen dia Mick and all who follow from a dry and brightening Andalusia where another hot day is promised ?

Sad to read of Gymstagran loss ? and so very young as well, I’m sure she’ll be focusing on her grandchildren through the summer but hope she’s reading occasionally and knows our thoughts are with her.

A bouncy baby ? Baubles you lucky lady - no sign of one at PG Towers alas, although my eldest DGD is engaged ?!

Off out on a Ladies Lunch with a friend so no cooking for me today and we’ve been invited to another friend on Sunday who does the bestest ? paella, with lovely crusty bits where the rice has caught....? ( there’s a Spanish word for that which I forget?‍♀️ )

Anyway....kindest thoughts for the weekend lovely ladies and May your troubles be little ones x

BlueBalou Fri 20-May-22 06:15:44

Good morning!
It’s a damp, dreary daybreak here, definitely a day for catching up on bits and pieces.
Sorted out getting new hearing aids yesterday, went to Specsavers after the hospital audiology department told me there was a 16 month waiting list - my hearing has deteriorated since having Clovis and it making life difficult and tiring at times. The new ones have Bluetooth so it will be wonderful to be able to listen to audiobooks and music directly rather than through earphones.
DDog walk with a friend this morning.
Take care everyone and hope you have a good day x

BlueBalou Fri 20-May-22 06:16:11

Who’s Clovis??? Covid.

Greyduster Fri 20-May-22 06:18:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dull start in South Yorkshire; not sure if we will see the sun today. I plan to do an early shop and then get stuck into some housework. Mind you, after a bit of a ropey night I might be asleep by lunch time! I had breakfast out with DD yesterday and a fairly long walk cross country walk to one of our public gardens where the rhododendrons and acers were just fabulous. Trouble is it was all uphill coming back!
Life is so full of uncertainties. I hope there is a little joy in everyone’s day today.

Greyduster Fri 20-May-22 06:21:06

Good luck with Mr GM’s chemo today Grandmattie! Hope it’s not too gruelling for him.

Nannagarra Fri 20-May-22 06:32:16

Good morning from Sefton where all is calm save for the distance rumble of a train and the occasional bird call.
Yesterday we visited Chester, took a boat trip and followed the heritage trail in the glorious sunshine.
Tonight the DGC are coming for a sleepover. I’m hoping Mr Busy enjoys the chocolate dinosaurs I’ve made for him.
Congratulations Baubles.
Thinking of MrMattie and wishing you all have the best day possible.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 20-May-22 06:44:40

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Weather? No idea. I’m still in bed. I’ll be up soon though as I have a hair appointment at 9.30 am! Later on we need to pop into the local Garden Centre to buy plants for our pots and hanging basket. OH is having cortisone injections into both knees this afternoon. I will drive him to the Health Centre and back ad he has no idea how much pain he’ll be in afterwards! ??? for Mr and Mrs GM.

frankie66 Fri 20-May-22 06:46:21

Spreading love from Manchester.

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IvD9t7z8Mv4&feature=share

Jaxjacky Fri 20-May-22 06:49:57

Reported

Susan56 Fri 20-May-22 06:55:07

Good morning from Shropshire.

A quiet start today then later looking after H and school pick up for DGD.DD is going for a spa afternoon to celebrate a friends birthday.

Hope Your DGD is feeling better today Urms??

Also hoping today goes well for your DH grandMattie, good that you can go in with him.

Wishing Ash, Sar and all on holiday a good time.

Have the best day you can everyone??

Ashcombe Fri 20-May-22 06:56:41

Good morning all from the approach by sea to Copenhagen. No Internet connection yesterday, which was my birthday, as at sea all day so couldn’t post.

Captain’s Cocktail Party last night as it was Gala Night. Posh frocks! At dinner, the waiters serenaded me with Happy Birthday and brought us a delicious cake. Smooth seas so far!

Thinking of Mr.grandMattie today and will catch up with all your news now. Here’s a pic of a biscuit eaten in Newcastle Costa! ???

Nannagarra Fri 20-May-22 07:00:25

Belated happy birthday wishes Ashcombe.
?????

Susan56 Fri 20-May-22 07:02:16

Belated Happy birthday wishes Ash?????

Grandmabatty Fri 20-May-22 07:06:03

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° and sunny, although I can see a big bank of clouds approaching. I think the forecast is showery. Sounds like a lovely experience Ash. I look forward to hearing about your trip. Ladyleftfieldlover ouch! That sounds painful for your husband. Nannagarra chocolate dinosaurs! My dgs1 would love those too! I have dinosaurs biscuit cutters which I haven't used yet. Grandmattie it's good you can go with your husband. I expect it will help to distract him.
Yesterday I looked after dgs2 for a while. It was the easiest shift ever. He went for a nap just before dd left and woke five minutes after she came back.
Today I'm going to a friend's house for coffee then I'll just potter. I try to spend some time each day in the garden, keeping it tidy by pulling weeds etc. Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Fri 20-May-22 07:07:03

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where I have been wide awake since before 5am. I must get curtains or blinds.
A bit of a chill today but how lovely it was yesterday. I made the most of it with a stunning bus ride down to meet another gransnetter about halfway between our homes. Pub lunch outdoors and plenty of good chat.

I shall be thinking of you and DH today grandMattie.???
I don't think I know those trees you have planted but I wish them success too.
Yoga later and then ferrying DMiL and doing the finishing touches to my pottery studio which will be open this weekend.
Wishing everyone a happy day.

brook2704 Fri 20-May-22 07:07:31

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and sunny, still a bit windy though
A very Happy Birthday for yesterday Ashcombe what a lovely way to celebrate! ????
Your day sounds good Pantglas enjoy!
I’m off to the gym later for the Aqua class and then probably a trip to the garden centre to get a few bits and bobs
Thinking of your DH today gMattie
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

dragonfly46 Fri 20-May-22 07:08:27

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire where rain is not forecast til this afternoon.

Dog walk, Nordic walk, second dog walk then rest ( I am a glutton for punishment).

A sad day today as it is 5 years since my DiL gave birth to a little boy who had no kidneys.

I hope your DHs chemo goes okay this morning Mattie. I found it was not nearly as bad as I feared.

Wishing every one the best day possible and little Henry is feeling better.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 20-May-22 07:17:26

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dull and damp Oxfordshire, I’ve been up ( but stayed in bed reading) since 4.30 am so I’m sure I’ll be asleep this afternoon, spent most of yesterday washing down walls and priming skirting boards. So it’s a visit to the Garden Centre for some bedding plants later and I’ll plant them today, if it doesn’t rain.

If I ever mention that I’m going to decorate a bedroom or any other room please remind me that I hate it and I’m too old to kneel down and stretch up with a paint brush.
Having said that I have to finish the Cabin next week, which will mean painting the ceiling and glossing the skirting boards.
Oh well when it’s done it’ll be done!
Congrats to Baubles and sincere condolences to GymstGram
GM so good that you are allowed to accompany your OH in hospital, it’s important to have someone with us for scary treatment.
Have a good day everyone and hugs for those who are having sad times.??

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 20-May-22 07:18:16

Oh Dragonfly so sad to read your post.
??

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 20-May-22 07:19:25

Oh fiddle, many belated Happy Returns for your birthday Ashcombe hope you have a lovely holiday.

kittylester Fri 20-May-22 07:19:28

Good morning all from a grey North Leicestershire.

Up early as the fridge is being mended today - good job as it washed the kitchen floor overnight.

A friend is coming for supper tonight so I need to get prepared - not sure whether the salmon that was in the broken fridge is safe to serve so I might need to shop too.

Sending sincere condolences to gymstagran flowers

Big sigh of relief for Laura

Sending love and support to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-May-22 07:20:52

Morning Mick and all

It’s meant to be showery here today, we have The Imp so it’s going to be busy…

Happy Belated Birthday Ashcombe ???

Fingers crossed that DH chemo goes well grandMattie

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?