Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it…..

(83 Posts)
maddyone Fri 20-May-22 19:07:38

That’s it. In the words of the song I’m so happy and excited because tomorrow our daughter and her husband, and our three grandchildren (8 year old twins and 4 years old) are arriving for a visit. They are living in New Zealand for a two year period and they left exactly one year ago. They’re coming home for a visit because my husband is celebrating his 70th birthday (how did he get that old?) and the whole family is going to Devon for a week. I’ve rented an enormous and lovely house, but before that we’ll all be together at home for a while. So I’m so excited.

Katyj Fri 20-May-22 20:47:32

Oh that’s lovely news Maddy. Have a wonderful time and make the most of every moment . I’m sure you will. smilewine

Aldom Fri 20-May-22 21:04:33

I remember them going to New Zealand and can't believe a year has passed. How lovely to have them home for the family celebration. Have a lovely time together. Best wishes to all those about to be 70.

Jaxjacky Fri 20-May-22 21:15:43

What joyous news maddyone sleep will be scarce tonight, have the best ever time.

brook2704 Fri 20-May-22 21:26:58

Have a wonderful family get together maddyone! ??

SueDonim,Urms and all the others too - enjoy!

CanadianGran Fri 20-May-22 21:27:34

What wonderful news for all of you having family get-togethers. We have missed so much over the past two years, especially for those of you with families in other countries.

Enjoy every little moment!

Summerlove Fri 20-May-22 21:30:14

So very happy for you all

Catterygirl Fri 20-May-22 21:30:22

So glad you will all be together. My 70th went unnoticed by husband as usual but only son bought me a fantastic supersized Samsung TV. Much used and appreciated.

sodapop Fri 20-May-22 21:42:11

Have a wonderful time with your family Maddyone I can well understand how happy & excited you must feel

ginny Fri 20-May-22 21:45:35

So exciting for all of you. I just can’t image how it would feel not seeing precious family for so long. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

nadateturbe Fri 20-May-22 21:52:52

I'm excited for you Maddyone. Have a wonderful time.
And all the others having reunions too..enjoy!

Grannmarie Fri 20-May-22 22:01:46

Urms, enjoy your big family 70th celebrations in Ibiza!
Muse, belated happy 70th!
Lots of special memories being made.?

mumofmadboys Fri 20-May-22 22:07:19

Enjoy Maddy and Sue! Special times!

GrandmaKT Fri 20-May-22 22:08:01

Oh, wishing you a wonderful time maddyone. In three weeks' time we will be going over to NZ to see our DS and his family (including our new grandson we haven't met yet!!!). Just praying that DH's passport arrives in time! shock

Joane123 Fri 20-May-22 22:08:46

That's wonderful for you, enjoy your special time together.

mamaa Fri 20-May-22 22:20:30

Maddy Sue Urms congrats to all xx

Helen657 Fri 20-May-22 22:23:59

How wonderful- enjoy!!!!

maddyone Sat 21-May-22 00:53:29

Thank you everyone for such lovely messages and kind thoughts. I hope all those of you who are desperately waiting to see relatives who live abroad will soon be united. It’s been a long haul for many of you but hopefully we’ll all soon see our beloveds. Our daughter has only been gone a year, but others haven’t seen their families for much longer.
SueDomin, it won’t be long till June. By the time you’re unpacked and settled in your new house it’ll be June. ayse, exactly the same, it won’t be long till you’re together again.
volver yes he knows now, It became impossible to keep the secret, much as I’d liked to have done, but logistics made it impossible. Never mind, it was still a big surprise when I told him.
Urmstongran what a fabulous thing to do, four generations on holiday together. You’ll have a wonderful time.

maddyone Sat 21-May-22 00:59:04

GrandmaKT I imagine you’re really excited. Three weeks only to wait, I do hope the passport comes in time.
We’re going out to NZ in September for a month, and then again at Christmas for another month. We can’t go for longer than a month at a time as I just don’t feel I can leave my elderly mother (in a care home now) for longer than that. However that means we’ll be there for the little one turning five in early October, and for the twins turning nine in early January. With NZ and Covid we haven’t seen them on their birthdays for two years.

nanna8 Sat 21-May-22 07:16:56

Hope all of you have really good reunions. It is a long, long way to NZ and even further the last few years with the big C. We know we will never see the UK again now and,sadly, this happens as we get older.

Grammaretto Sat 21-May-22 07:34:20

Today's the day Maddyone!
Have a wonderful time together.
Happy Birthday to all the 70yr olds.
DS & co came from NZ for my 70th in 2018 and they are due in August so I am quietly excited. His dad, and granddad died in 2020 so there will be mixed emotions here.
I still live in the big house and it will be good to fill it with people again.

Iam64 Sat 21-May-22 08:22:13

Have a great time maddy x

Franbern Sat 21-May-22 08:39:49

Maddyone have a wonderful, glorious family time. You have every right to be totally excited and happy.
Lots of wonderful memories will be made - just enjoy

JenniferEccles Sat 21-May-22 08:52:34

Best wishes from me too for your reunion Maddyone !
I bet it’s been a long year for you, but how wonderful to know that when the family leave, you will see them again in September and December.

BlueSapphire Sat 21-May-22 09:05:28

So exciting - have a wonderful time!

Menopaws Sat 21-May-22 09:06:28

Did the same in February on the Isle of Wight in enormous house with Australian family on first visit for years and able to fit in a sons wedding while there, because of covid and health issues it could have all gone wrong but we made it and was best week ever!
Enjoy this precious time