Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it…..

(83 Posts)
maddyone Fri 20-May-22 19:07:38

That’s it. In the words of the song I’m so happy and excited because tomorrow our daughter and her husband, and our three grandchildren (8 year old twins and 4 years old) are arriving for a visit. They are living in New Zealand for a two year period and they left exactly one year ago. They’re coming home for a visit because my husband is celebrating his 70th birthday (how did he get that old?) and the whole family is going to Devon for a week. I’ve rented an enormous and lovely house, but before that we’ll all be together at home for a while. So I’m so excited.

GrandmasueUK Tue 14-Jun-22 13:06:05

I’m so pleased to read your update. It sounds like a brilliant hectic time was had by all and some brilliant memories made. Hope you have a great time when you travel later this year.

GrandmaKT Tue 14-Jun-22 16:38:32

Lovely to read your post Maddyone! We are just waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport and then to New Zealand! It's been a bumpy few weeks, DH's passport only arrived on Saturday (10 weeks), I had to threaten the agent I bought the tickets through with legal action before they issued the tickets and I had a last minute health scare. Putting all that behind us now - cuddles in approx 30 hours!

Kim19 Tue 14-Jun-22 16:41:34

??

Yammy Tue 14-Jun-22 16:47:58

I'm so pleased for you, we got part of our family back to England after living abroad for 14 years last summer. Exciting days ahead. enjoy your time it goes so quickly.

Floradora9 Tue 14-Jun-22 21:24:47

you are lucky to be able to see them . We were watching the Airport programme on TV and saw families being reunited with lots of hugs and kisses. I always wanted someone to do that to me on arrival in the UK but sadly it never happened.

maddyone Thu 16-Jun-22 12:15:27

Thank you for all your lovely kind messages. Yes of course we are lucky floradora and I’m sorry to hear that you have felt disappointed by your friends and family’s greetings. We feel very lucky to have seen our daughter and her family after only one year whilst others have gone several years without seeing one another because of Covid.
Anyway it was lovely to see them and I sincerely hope all the Gransnetters who have been parted from loved ones because of Covid are soon reunited.

maddyone Thu 16-Jun-22 12:16:01

GrandmaKT have a most wonderful time.