Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 23rd May 2022

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 23-May-22 05:55:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull over brackley this morning .
Todays plans apart from general housework and relaxing later .
Will do my usual week playing it day by day .
Take Care,
Mick

mrshat Mon 23-May-22 17:59:00

Lovely pictures Ash - enjoy your cruise.
GranMattie tough times for you and MrMattie - rest when you can and seek help where you can. Look after yourself too. flowers

Marydoll Mon 23-May-22 16:36:16

I meant to wish AuntieFlo, a belated happy birthday!

Marydoll Mon 23-May-22 16:35:39

KentEssex

My daughters said no one these days uses toilet pedestal mats any more. I know I am old fashioned but what do others think?

They are deemed unhygenic.

KentEssex Mon 23-May-22 16:33:22

My daughters said no one these days uses toilet pedestal mats any more. I know I am old fashioned but what do others think?

Marydoll Mon 23-May-22 14:56:50

Susy if you look at the Acronyms button at the top of the page, left hand side, all will be revealed!

Susy2 Mon 23-May-22 14:55:16

Hi peeps. New to the site and loving all the chat smile. However, struggling with the abbreviations, if I could have a quick run down please. Apart from that, it's a rainy day in Essex with everything being refreshed which is nice. Enjoy the rest of your day cupcake

Litterpicker Mon 23-May-22 13:16:28

Happy Birthday AuntieFlo ? and welcome Lark

dragonfly46 Mon 23-May-22 12:48:16

Happy Birthday Auntie Flo and welcome Lark.

Susan56 Mon 23-May-22 12:38:20

Thank you Litterpicker

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 12:01:06

Thank you Urmstongran and GrannyGravy13 smile smile

Litterpicker Mon 23-May-22 11:54:46

Good morning from a cloudy West Sussex. Back Saturday evening after a lovely mini minibreak in the New Forest with the campervan. Only one night but had a lovely long day on Saturday strolling in the forest and driving back very slowly on a small road across heathland from Fordingbridge to Cadnam if anyone knows that area. Ponies with foals, donkeys and a couple of pigs were also on the road!

Today I should be catching up with house and garden as last week was busy with various enjoyable outings, but I haven’t made a very good start - reading and listening to radio 4 - will have coffee now and then try to speed up to make up for lateness ??

Susan sorry to hear your DGS has ear infections and hope he is better soon. Hope your mother gets treatment and is ok.

Gmattie thoughts and prayers for you and DH as always. I hope your McMillan nurse is in contact soon ?

Georgesgran Mon 23-May-22 11:21:54

Wonderful cake Auntieflo - I hope it tasted as good as it looks. Aren’t some people so clever? My effort would be in a box from my lovely Uncle Mark and Cousin Spencer!

I really hope gM finds Macmillan better than we did. A complete waste of time and I’d never recommend them, but each to their own.

kittylester Mon 23-May-22 10:58:24

Beat me to it. gg. I think you can self refer.

One of our daughters moved close last year - not sure she thought far enough ahead.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-May-22 10:52:03

grandMattie have you contacted McMillan? It might be worth a quick phone call.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-May-22 10:50:22

Happy belated birthday Auntieflo such a fabulous looking cake, I imagine it was extremely tasty ??

Hello Lark123 ?

Susan56 Mon 23-May-22 10:48:13

Empathise ?don’t you love auto correct?

Susan56 Mon 23-May-22 10:46:16

Thank you Taichinan.We don’t live particularly close to our daughters and I worry we will become the problem in the future too?It does make me emphasise with mum though as we don’t want to move from where we are even both daughters live in lovely parts of the country.

Happy belated birthday Auntieflo???what a beautiful cake?

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 10:43:10

Morning Lark123 ? it’s lovely to have you join us!

grandMattie Mon 23-May-22 10:35:02

We have no “nursing team”.
Over the last three months, we have been asked several times who our MacMillan nurse was, horrified that we don’t have one and assured that one is being assigned. Still nada…
DS1 from India is spending his summer holiday with us. Good chap. He’s unattached and enjoys his mum’s cooking and spoiling. ?

Taichinan Mon 23-May-22 10:32:00

Happy Birthday Auntieflo - feel duly jealous of your beautiful cake! Glad you had a great celebration.

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 10:29:04

Thank you Taichinan smile Good day!

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 10:27:10

What an absolutely gorgeous cake Auntieflo smile
Happy belated birthday to you; cupcake. flowers.it must have been hard cutting into such a lovely cake, it looks delicious!
Enjoy your day, as best you can, everyone.

Taichinan Mon 23-May-22 10:26:12

Hello all from a sunny but soon to be rainy Angus coast where it's a cool 12° If this is the best that May can do, roll on June!
Thoroughly enjoyed the Diversity concert in Saturday night in Glasgow. It was an exploration on the theme of 'connection' and ended with 8 drones 'dancing' with them on stage. A hugely skilled show. Sunday was spent just getting home via depositing the dancing Dgd1 back at her flat ready for a rehearsal for next month's shows, filling up with petrol (cheaper than at home) and a small weekly top-up shop. With petrol the price it is, only take the car out of it can be made to work for me!
Susan your post about your poor mum resonated with me as my DD, who lives closest to me, will be moving south next summer to be with New Man permanently and I shall be the problem! I don't want to be of course, but that's the way it is - the main drawback of spread-out families. I hope you get better news today flowers.
Also sorry to see the 'bad press' on here for 111. Gmattie I do hope you can get some rest today at some point. As everyone on here keeps telling you - you are important too.
Now off I go to do as much nothing as I can fit in today which will more than likely involve falling asleep in front of afternoon TV! But before I go, thank you for your kind comment about my poppy painting, stilllearning, and welcome to Lark. Lots of love to all x

Scapa1 Mon 23-May-22 10:22:59

Good morning from Dunblane. Dry at the moment but a bit grey. Managed to get all my tubs planted up yesterday so happy about that. Back a bit sore after all that bending though!
Unfortunately eight year old granddaughter and daughter in law tested positive for Covid yesterday. We had GD on Thursday and did baking with her so quite close contact. Fingers crossed we have managed to dodge Covid but time will tell.
Left over chicken to deal with this morning then will take the rest of the day as it comes.
Hope everybody manages a smile at some point.

monk08 Mon 23-May-22 10:22:47

Happy belated birthday wishes Auntieflo?? what a clever neighbour you have.