Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 23rd May 2022

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 23-May-22 05:55:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull over brackley this morning .
Todays plans apart from general housework and relaxing later .
Will do my usual week playing it day by day .
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBalou Mon 23-May-22 05:58:56

Good morning Mick, it’s a damp start here.
I need to do the ironing and sort out what I want to take on holiday at the end of the week. I’m hoping for good weather in north Wales ????
Enjoy your day x

Ashcombe Mon 23-May-22 06:03:31

Good morning from a sunny Baltic Sea where we are sailing to Tallinn after a memorable visit to Riga.

The art nouveau architecture was beautiful and the tour was enhanced by a knowledgeable, amusing and interesting guide. She spoke fervently of their concerns for Ukraine and the fear of Russia invading Latvia, a country that has experienced oppression from various neighbours in its history.

Another day at sea ahead but so far we are hugging the coast sufficiently to pick up a signal. My dear neighbour’s funeral takes place today. RIP.

Wishing you all a good week. ????

grandMattie Mon 23-May-22 06:15:53

Good morning from a dull E Kent. Rain is forecast for most of the day and temps of 16C max.
So pleased you’re having a good time, Ash. Riga’s architecture reminds me of Nelson in NZ.
Curate’s eggish day. DH was very tired yesterday, didn’t eat much and spent it dozing. At bedtime, he was sick. I checked his temperature which was up. As advised, I telephoned the “chemo emergency” line, left a message. _ Two_ hours later, at 11pm they called back, decided DH didn’t need hospitalisation, to call 111. I duly did, but after waiting 30 minutes for the phone to be answered/website to stop telling me he had covid, I gave up, deciding that I would know if he got worse. It was past midnight before I managed to sleep. Sadly, I woke up for the last time about 2 hours ago. Shall need my nap, thus afternoon. DH seems ok.
Got several calls to make and visits to pharmacy today. Cleaner coming, she’ll help me change the beds - I’m finding that too much on my own. Also help me get DS’s room ready for Thursday, yay ?.
Hope everyone has a good day/enjoyable holiday. Carpe diem. ?????☀️?

monk08 Mon 23-May-22 06:58:20

Good morning all from the Black country, overcast once again.
Ironing to do today, and DH has to wait for a telephone appointment from gp regarding his blood tests.
Ash you are right the architecture is beautiful.
grandMattie not easy but do try and rest
Will pop back later to read everyone's news enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.

brook2704 Mon 23-May-22 07:07:53

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve some white clouds and bits of blue sky peeping through.
Hoping you can get a nap later gMattie look after yourself too and hope your DH feels a bit better today
A trip to the gym this morning and then a bit of food shopping
Beautiful photos Ash thank you, enjoy your next destination!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Marydoll Mon 23-May-22 07:08:06

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where its currently 10°C.

I'm vexed that you both had a difficult day yesterday, GM, We had very similar experiences with my BIL You feel helpless and frustrated.
Ash, your cruise sounds wonderful! Happy sailing!

I have an empty today. SIL, who usually works fron home and DD have gone to work and MrMD is golfing. ?????
Unfortunately, I have to pop out, so I won't get the benefit of it.
However, I am going to sneak into their room, Just before they moved in, I jammed the sliding door of the wardrobe. If DH finds out, he will go ballistic, for they have recently replaced the original ones.

Today, unfortunately will be spent working on church admin. I thought it would be a good idea to offer electronic copies of the rotas to those, involved.
It has backfired. Parishioners in an adjoining parish, now affiliated to us, have asked for copies of their rotas too, ( Which I will need to actually type first!).
DH thinks it's a great idea, as it should keep me out of mischief and sitting down for once.
Borrheid, if you are reading this, one of our friend M's cousins, who went to school with us and lived in the village up the road, was one of the people, who messaged me. It's a small world!.

Glesca Grannies June meet up, for anyone, who is interested.

I wish you all the best day possible.

Beechnut Mon 23-May-22 07:14:30

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Cloudy and dry at the moment, rain is forecast.

Rest when you can Mattie. Thank you for the ‘postcards’ Ash.

I’m going to see if I can get some sockets today and a mooch around the diy shop. I might potter in the garden if it’s not raining.

Have a good day all ?

Sar53 Mon 23-May-22 07:21:55

Good morning from a very cloudy Bram in France.

Today we are going for a trip to Narbonne to see the sea. I don't think the weather is going to be great but it is only about an hour's drive from here so a change of scenery should be enjoyable.

This is the start of our last week in France. Next Monday we will start our journey home. It has been a great holiday and we have met some lovey people. We have lots of plans for June when we get home.

I'm so sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations GM, I hope you manage a nap later.

Have a marvelous Money everyone. Love from France xxx

kittylester Mon 23-May-22 07:29:00

Good morning all from a slightly sticky North Leicestershire.

We had a lovely lunch yesterday and a great catchup with our friends.

I have an empty today as DH is volunteer driving. I must change the bed and do some washing.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 23-May-22 07:29:43

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Weather? No idea. GM and Mr GM, I’m thinking of you. ???I will be doing our Waitrose shop today and the laundry. Usual Monday in fact. We have to make a decision about the bowl we saw yesterday in Fernham. It’s very beautiful but expensive. OH is out this afternoon so I will be home alone. Well, apart from the cats who will be following me around like lap dogs!

cornergran Mon 23-May-22 07:34:36

Morning Mick, morning All. Light cloud over our corner of Somerset.

Yesterdays attempts to sort some financial stuff foundered so back to it this morning. Mr C will have to be involved in this bit, the difficult part is persuading him. Hope for a walk later, heads will need to be cleared.

You must be more than tired grandmattie, if space appears for a rest please take it. Enjoying your travelling tales ash and sar. Crossed fingers here that door is easily released maryd, don’t hurt yourself in the process though.

Hope Monday is kind to us all.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 23-May-22 07:37:31

Good morning all from bright but cloudy Harrogate
You are having such a hard time just now GrandMattie hope it eases soon for both of you.
The photos are lovely Ashcombe I’m quite envious of your trip.
It’s good you are having a bit of an Empty today Marydoll it will give you a chance to breath.
Today I go to Leeds with DH to have his eye checked after the cataract operation a few weeks ago. I then have to get back to Harrogate for a call from the physio - Hope I’ll make it in time. Would have liked a trip to the shops but fear there won’t be time
Have the best day possible folks

dragonfly46 Mon 23-May-22 07:40:28

Good morning, as kitty says it is sticky here.

Despite my whole face being all colours of the rainbow I will don my sun glasses and venture into town. Recently I would never be seen out without makeup - how things change.

I am shocked by how you are being treated mattie any whiff of a temperature when I was on chemo and I was rushed in to the hospital. I hope the bags turn up today.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

harrigran Mon 23-May-22 07:52:28

Good morning from a dry and mild NE.
SIL came yesterday and we cooked dinner together, we had a Chassagne Montrachet with prawn thermidor tarts and Navarin of lamb. When we came to pudding we didn't fancy it as the creme caramel was all sloppy.
Today we may go bird watching as we have a reserve just a few miles from here, Good time to see the chicks.
Thoughts are with gM and her DH, ringing the oncology unit ringing 111, I am still waiting for a nurse or doctor to ring me back 8 months on.
Lovely photos Ash, happy holiday.

Pittcity Mon 23-May-22 07:56:50

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Forecast is that it's in for the day. So the laundry is drying indoors again.
I've taken to daily shopping again for just what we need for the next 24 hours. I've found it saves money and gives me exercise. But I've got to go out in the rain......maybe I'll ask DH for a lift?
Love to all ? x

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 07:57:23

No Matt ~ it’s Monday.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s warmish. The sun is trying to shine at least.

We have no plans other than Himself will go over to the barbershop at some stage. I might get summery clothes out of the wardrobe and see where the gaps are to accommodate our upcoming 10 day holiday. Then I shall make a list and go round the Trafford Centre on Wednesday. Beach wear, day dresses and evening wear. 10 nights for me = 5 outfits & wear everything twice!
?

Have a good day all who can. x

Gingster Mon 23-May-22 07:59:28

Good morning all and it’s a grey one here in Suffolk.
Today we will be travelling back to Essex, and we have a busy week ahead. It’s a shame to leave this peaceful place but it will be nice to see family and friends.

DS2 has safely arrived in Florida with a very excited family. It’s extremely hot there so I expect they’ll spend some of their time in the pool.

DS1 starts a new job in the City today so fingers crossed all goes well.

Wishing you all a good day ???

BlueSapphire Mon 23-May-22 08:05:07

Good morning everyone from a rather grey Northampton, showers forecast later. Must try to cut the front grass which is looking terrible, full of dandelions.

Had a pleasant afternoon yesterday snooping wandering round open gardens in a nearby village, plus coffee and delicious home-made cakes. Bumped.into two friends as well. One of the gardens, well, estate really, had alpacas and llamas which came up to inspect us.

Will cut the grass this morning, then this afternoon a 'techie' person from BT is coming to upgrade my broadband/WiFi; hopefully he can also sort out the rats nest of assorted cables that DH left! And hope that the cats aren't too inquisitive....

Ash, hope you enjoy Tallinn, which I visited on a cruise three years sgo; the old city is beautiful.

Hope things go better for you today grandMattie.

Chrissielou Mon 23-May-22 08:09:27

After a beautiful weekend weather wise this morning is cool and cloudy.
I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties with the chemo triage team grandMattie, thats very disappointing. As you know, my DD1 is having chemo and the service she receives is very different, and they always stress that any temperature must be checked with them. She has called her team's number a few times with concerns including high temperature, and has never been fobbed off with 111 as it usually relates to chemo side effects. I hope the temperature is down this morning and he has a better day, I hope they will also advise on the sickness too.

I hope everyone has a good day and is blessed with some sunshine.

Grammaretto Mon 23-May-22 08:15:25

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. My training for volunteering has been called off as the store manager has covid.
I am tired after the weekend so am quite glad to do little. I could cut the grass and tackle housework.smile
I am so sad for you grandMattie it's too hard. Did you say DS is coming?. I hope he can help.
I hope all those on holiday are enjoying themselves. Great photos Ash

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-May-22 08:17:11

Morning Mick and all

It’s grey here and damp, with showers forecast for most of the day, which means I shall drive down the road to the gym instead of walking.

grandMattie ((hugs)) you are doing a grand job of looking after your DH, please find time in your busy days to look after you ??

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Greyduster Mon 23-May-22 08:18:08

Food morning Michael and all GNs. Cooler and cloudy in South Yorkshire today. I am at DD’s. I slept through the night for the first time in ages and my son in law, who has a day off today, has just brought me a mug of coffee. He is going to put some air in the tyres on my car before I go home. The most I could ever manage with the little machine thingy we have was blowing up my grandson’s football!
GM you’ll certainly need a nap today. Chemo is hard work for both the patient and the carer; so much of it is uncharted territory for both and it’s scary, but you’ll get there??
Have the best day you can folks.

ginny Mon 23-May-22 08:31:22

Good morning everyone. It’s looking a bit dull outside, glad we took advantage of the sunny weather yesterday.
Lots of jobs to do at home today and must start thinking about what is needed when we go away on Friday.

I also want to make time for some sketching/painting. I have joined a challenge to do something each day. I’ve never thought I could be any sort of artist but am coming to realise it’s all about the enjoyment.

? for all who need cheering and wishing everyone a good day with a smile along the way.

Stilllearning Mon 23-May-22 08:32:33

Morning from as Lanarkshire, don’t know what the forecast is but I suspect it will involve rain,

This morning I’m meeting DD 4 for a walk and catch up. She has been down South on a two week course for her work and really enjoyed it.

Then a trip to the people who did alterations to my ‘holiday clothes’, they have missed a skirt which I really want to take. Almost three years on since my last venture abroad and quite a few things needed shortened ?, I must be shrinking and I didn’t have the height to lose!

This trip is a very unexpected treat from Oban DD, a week in Majorca with her family and I am so looking forward to it. Just to have the time with them, especially my lovely DGC will be wonderful. We leave next Sunday so this week will be spent getting organised.

Off to church soon, remembering as ever all those who need support and wishing everyone a good day ???