Chat

What You Look Like & What You Wear ?

(130 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 24-May-22 09:29:57

Hello!

Following on from Audi’s thread…

A poster asked ‘what should we wear?’
So is your answer?

It’s also left me really nosily wondering what posters look like.
Do you follow your ‘seasonal’ rules when it comes to colours?

And who would you like to look like?
Who are your style icons?

(And please don’t do yourself down!)
Thank you x

Marydoll Wed 25-May-22 22:36:06

Bazwheat

I wear whatever my wife tells me to, or else I am in trouble !

Just like my DH. wink

Margiknot Wed 25-May-22 23:30:52

I don’t really have a style icon I can emulate, as most the peoples whose style I admire are tall and slim- whilst I am petite and top heavy, and look swamped in the simple classic or oversized look I admire on others.
For work I used to wear washable shift or pinafore dresses with flat closed toe shoes as per nhs dress codes, and then tended to very much dress down outside of work in jeans and jumpers.
Now I have mostly retired -my wardrobe will need to evolve but it may take me some time! I have not bought a lot of clothes recently for this reason.
I used to like AllSaints for the occasional item and have collected quite a few items over the years. The unusual asymmetrical shapes sometimes work on my shorter frame. For summer clothes I like Seasalt (cottons and linens- petite fittings) - and white stuff. I live near an out of town M+S so buy basics like treggings and underwear there.I’m not good at retiring old clothes!
I love spring and summer and like brighter colours- abstracts, tie dye and stripes - not together! Mostly I wear blues, grey white and navy. Creams and beiges don’t work for me at all.

Happyme Wed 25-May-22 23:44:17

I seem to live in gym gear these days, really struggle when it comes to dressing up. Love ankle boots and trainers, cropped and narrow legged trousers, mid calf and longer skirts and dresses, all styles of jackets. Go to retailers are Seasalt, White Stuff, Boden and .....Morrisons ?. My wardrobe is stuffed and I have nothing to wear ?‍♀️

Chardy Thu 26-May-22 07:58:14

Winter - leggings and long tops, black jeans and T shirts, hoodies, trainers.
Summer - cotton or denim skirts, T shirts, flipflops
Hardly a style, more a convenience.