Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 27th May 2022

(41 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 27-May-22 05:54:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Another bright and sunny start this morning in brackley ,and its supposed to be a nice day in this part of the woods .
My plans apart from watching the cycling on TV later , will be governed by the way the feels to me , once I have done a early shop for essentials .
Take Care,
Mick

Chrissielou Fri 27-May-22 08:02:53

Beautiful morning in Oxfordshire, sunshine is streaming in. I'm so looking forward to a week off work, DH isn't off but I can relax, read, go long walks with dog and bake!
Wishing everyone a happy Friday.

dragonfly46 Fri 27-May-22 08:05:14

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

No Nordic walking today - I still look like a panda but at least it is symmetrical.
Will gently walk dog instead.

Pleased to hear the lightness in your mood Mattie.
Susan what a worry for you. My parents moved to be near us which was a great relief.
I sometimes wonder what we will do as both AC live far away.

May everyone have the best day possible.

Pittcity Fri 27-May-22 08:22:35

Good morning from a sunny but breezy Colchester. Washing in and destined for the line.
I am having a quiet day in as I have a bit of a cold developing. DH will get some shopping and then both he and DS have plans with their friends for later to which I am not invited. I will rest with honey and lemon.
Love to all ? x

aggie Fri 27-May-22 08:23:05

Good morning everyone from a sunny Co Armagh
So glad to see your OH is home gM ,
Art class this morning, then hair cut , if
I remember to tell my lift to stop at the hairdressers on the way home from class , we are so busy talking we don’t remember anything else
Thoughts and prayers for all our poorly friends

EkwaNimitee Fri 27-May-22 08:32:13

Good morning Mick and everyone from breezy and bright Carlisle. Showers may come along sooner or later though.
I'm off to the out of town butcher and delicatessen shortly. I want some local meat for the family coming this weekend. The difference between a cut from there and the supermarket can be quite marked, sometimes you'd think they were entirely different species of animal. I also need to re-fuel and am wondering how much it will cost today because I don't think prices at the pump are coming down.

I hope you get better news about your Mum, Susan. A worrying situation for you.

Wishing you all a good day if possible.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 27-May-22 08:47:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s promising to be a lovely day today.

grandMattie your post sounded a lot more upbeat this morning. Enjoy having your DS home giving you both some much needed love and support.

Sorry to hear about your poorly Mum Susan and hope they get to the bottom of what is wrong. I can imagine how worrying it must be being far away from her. I’m lucky to have my mum just 20 minutes or so away. ?

Enjoy driving your classic car Sar it sounds so much fun. Looking forward to hearing about that tomorrow.
I was thinking of you all last week when the man on the table in front of us was wearing a shirt covered in flamingos. I said to DH you should get one like that. That didn’t go down to well lol.

Enjoy your day everyone with all your wonderful activities and hugs for those with worries and illness. Take care ??

Greyduster Fri 27-May-22 08:51:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire but it’s very breezy again. The trip to the Botanical Gardens was postponed yesterday because of the weather so DD and I will go today. Then this evening, we are going out to dinner and the theatre. Exciting!
GM I’m so pleased that your DH is back at home. The very best place for him is with you and your DS?.
A big hug for anyone with cares and health issues. Have the best day you can, folks.

Gingster Fri 27-May-22 09:15:06

Good morning all.

Dog walking with my old friend/neighbour this morning.
Dh will look after little DGD as the school is closed today. Lunch later with friends at the country pub - hopefully sit outside ?.

You sound more cheerful today GM . You need a break from all the trauma and frustration. ?

Wishing you all a ‘good’ day.
???

hollysteers Fri 27-May-22 09:19:22

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny northwest coast. Off to art then bank and post office to post a painting I have sold. I park a longish walk away from the centre to avoid paying for parking but don’t feel like the walk today as my right arm (which has no lymph nodes) is killing me. Strained it somehow and this IPad doesn’t help!
Thoughts as always to grandMattie and hope your cruise improves Ashcombe
Will read through properly later.

luluaugust Fri 27-May-22 09:44:05

Good morning all from a breezy, sunny W Kent. I intended to do the food shop this morning but it looks like this will be the best day for a few days so we are now thinking of going to a local garden for a wander, I'm sure I can find something to eat later.
So pleased to hear your new gM and hoping Susan get mum sorted out soon, I remember it well.

luluaugust Fri 27-May-22 09:45:24

I wonder why I have become averse to the use of an 's' hmm

Blossoming Fri 27-May-22 09:59:09

Good morning Mick and all. It’s damp and cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 12°C. We are promised some sunny intervals later.

Pleased that you have your DS and your DH home Grandmattie. It’s good that you will have the support of your son soon.

Sorry to hear about your mum Susan.

Glad your injuries are receding Dragonfly, do you think you will give Nordic walking another try?

Hope your arm improves Hollysteers, don’t tuck that painting under it on the way to the post office!

I have very fond memories of Stockholm Ashcombe and Marydoll. I and some friends were invited to a party by some students we met, great fun! They showed us round the old town too.

A warm welcome to any new posters I may have missed. Safe journey to any traveling and enjoy those holidays ??

Have a good day all, may all with troubles find some comfort.

BlueSapphire Fri 27-May-22 10:22:11

A late good morning everyone from a very sunny ? but windy Northampton. Have left it too late to do any washing before I go out; it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Was relieved to find out at the hospital yesterday that the little red swelling I have had for months on my lower eyelid was nothing more than a blocked oil gland. I came away with instructions to put a hot compress on it twice a day and then gently massage for a few minutes; I also have ointment to use on it for six weeks!

I had a.good mooch around the shops afterwards, had lunch, and bought a book using my birthday gift card.

Only three of us on our evening walk, and then had.the carvery option in the pub afterwards.

Happy days, grandMattie!

Poured with rain when we went to Stockholm, Ash, got soaked; the walk around the old town was abandoned, but we also had an indoor tour of the city hall, and also visited the Vasa museum, then returned to our ship by boat.

Wishing all a good day.

Taichinan Fri 27-May-22 10:48:24

Good morning all from a very cold, blustery but sunny (yay!) Angus coast The wind when we came out of the theatre last night was biting, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be one of those summers that never actually materialise. I couldn't post yesterday as for some reason I was given no comment box, no matter what I did. However, here I am today (shrug my shoulders in non-comprehension.) Grandmattie I'm so glad you have your son with you now for a while and your DH home again - a lovely little ocean of calm. Susan so sorry about your worries for your mum. Being the elderly mun myself, on my own with family spread wide, I feel for you and am dreading when that time comes, as come it will. I was at my friend's funeral this week and she too was a distant mum. It was a beautiful funeral - a true celebration of her life. She was an identical twin and of course her twin was at the funeral. I had never met her before (another relative from afar) so found the likeness breath taking - even the tiniest little mannerisms were echoed. Quite beautiful, but a little discombobulating!
I was at DGD1's first end-of-year show last night and of course it was wonderful (I would say that!). I was a very proud granny beside her very proud mummy - and her very bored younger sister wink. We're all going again on Saturday and my niece is coming too - younger DGD no doubt tempted by a meal at Tony Macaroni's beforehand!! Today is a "rest" day for me after a hectic and emotional week. I shall enjoy it. Enjoy your happy hols, all those setting off and those already there, and safe travels Thoughts with the poorly at home, and the carers flowers and a good day for all x

Anniebach Fri 27-May-22 11:16:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x