Gransnet forums

Chat

Jessie Wallace Arrest!

(118 Posts)
Audi10 Wed 22-Jun-22 14:28:05

So Jessie Wallace knees a policeman in the privates while drunk, and shouts a mouthful of obscenities during a drunken bust up on a night out! And put into back of police van while cuffed by two officers, arrested on suspicion of assaulting police officer an offence which carries up to 12 months behind bars! BBC have told her off, I’m just wondering what would have happened if a man had done this to a female officer would they just get a telling off!

Joseanne Wed 22-Jun-22 17:02:03

Here

BlueBelle Wed 22-Jun-22 17:03:11

Living on the east coast we had many Scottish girls her gutting, descaling and preparing the fish in the ice container their hands bare and swollen as they followed the silver darlings down the coast They would be seen around town in any ‘off time’ always knitting as they walked around in the aprons and long skirts

Nothing to do with Jessie just an addition to Volvers fish wives post

Callistemon21 Wed 22-Jun-22 17:05:20

Is Jessie Wallace her real name or the name of her character?

Life imitating art? These soaps become more violent and depressing, although EE started off depressing.
We watched it for a couple of years ages ago when a relative was in it but life can be depressing enough at the moment without "entertainment" making it worse!

Joseanne Wed 22-Jun-22 17:07:47

She is Kat Slater in EE.

BlueBelle Wed 22-Jun-22 17:07:51

I think Jessie Wallace is her stage name isn’t it ?

Joseanne Wed 22-Jun-22 17:09:27

Yes, I think she is a Karen.

Chestnut Wed 22-Jun-22 17:17:30

Fans of EE are calling for her to be sacked and rightly so as the Police let her off without charge. She has had no punishment so far except shame. What is so shocking is that she kneed the Police officer in the groin, which is even worse than shouting obscenities. That surely requires a charge, but as we've said....she's a female celebrity.

Blossoming Wed 22-Jun-22 17:50:41

It’s OK, she’s expressed regret. So that’s alright then.

sodapop Wed 22-Jun-22 18:19:00

You are not alone Aveline I watch Enders as well, it's obviously not considered
suitable viewing on GN.

Not heard any protests yet from posters called Karen Joseanne

Joseanne Wed 22-Jun-22 18:40:04

I watch too (being an East Londoner myself). I would say there are some very familiar storylines I recognise!! As in real life, we come across people as lovely as Rose (Frankie) and others like Karen (Kat)..

MawtheMerrier Wed 22-Jun-22 19:19:47

Joseanne

Yes, I think she is a Karen.

I object M’lud!
This (assumed) denigration of women by referring to them as Karen is insulting to those whose actual name it is and do not recognise the negative character traits you -and others- seem to ascribe to the name.

HowVeryDareYou Wed 22-Jun-22 19:23:06

She's a classless baggage

Joseanne Wed 22-Jun-22 19:23:29

grin she is one Karen Jane Wallace, no idea what you're talking about?

Galaxy Wed 22-Jun-22 19:25:12

Her actual name is Karen grin

Joseanne Wed 22-Jun-22 19:33:58

Yes Galaxy! Just like a Linda or a Sarah. ( grin)

Humduh Wed 22-Jun-22 19:35:13

These days Elvis would be accused of grooming. Glen hoddle was hounded by the press for sacking Paul Gascoigne despite people believing he was the cause of his wife's bruised face. Cheryl Cole always referred to as nations sweetheart despite widespread reporting of violence against lady in nightclub. Loads people said Saville allowed to bring young girls into rooms . Many other examples of hero worshipping Crims.....

Chestnut Wed 22-Jun-22 23:57:19

What does any of that have to do with Jessie Wallace committing an actual crime which is not disputed?

MissAdventure Thu 23-Jun-22 00:37:15

I think it is an ongoing problem she has with alcohol.
Other than that, I don't care too much.
Excess drink always causes problems for people.
I also think the term Karen has racial undertones, since it refers to white, middle class women complaining about non white people for imagined problems. (or did, originally)

Purplepixie Thu 23-Jun-22 00:52:52

Sorry but she lets us women down. I do not like her or the character she plays.

MissAdventure Thu 23-Jun-22 00:54:20

She doesn't let me down.

Joseanne Thu 23-Jun-22 06:50:19

For once and all her name is actually Karen, just that, which is what was meant when discussing whether she were a Jessie on her Equity card or a Kat as a character or whoever. What has racism got to do with anything?

Lexisgranny Thu 23-Jun-22 07:21:20

Getting a bit confused now, I haven’t watched Eastenders for years, but I do seem to remember that her father Charlie, the taxi driver, used to call her Kathleen when she had upset him.

kittylester Thu 23-Jun-22 07:47:46

I watch Easenders too. I love Kat's character along with lots of others.

rafichagran Thu 23-Jun-22 08:06:44

I dont like women reffered to as Karen's it is insulting. I cant say it bothers me what Jesse Wallace does, the Police have made their decision.
I also enjoy enjoy East Enders, I find it gritty and it tackles some uncomfortable things.

Galaxy Thu 23-Jun-22 08:23:01

Her real life name is Karen. Not sure how else to say this.