Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's comforting kitchen for the sharing of...

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 23-Jun-22 15:39:38

WELCOME. How pleased I am to be able to say...we have a new gathering place.

cornergran Thu 23-Jun-22 22:31:35

Found you all, I see all the goodies have disappeared. sad. My fault for being tardy.

It’s been much cooler here today. Comfortably so with just a few spots of warm rain Mr C and I have been awandering. Sat in a Cathedral garden enjoying a cuppa and ate lunch by a busy harbour. Also been to a theatre matinee. Exhausted now but what a good day.

Doodle, thank you for the news of panache. Another here who thinks of her with kindness

Sadly I’ve not caught up with the Kitchen news but be assured I think of you all often.

Sleep well everyone.

Blossoming Thu 23-Jun-22 23:22:09

Thank you Doodle I too have been wondering how Panache is. Sorry she’s had a few health Prut good to know she’s enjoy peaceful life.

SueDonim Thu 23-Jun-22 23:35:49

Hello, hello! I’ve brought iced lattes and iced tea for these warm days. It was 26deg on the NE Riviera today!

This morning kicked off with new blinds being fitted in our bijou flat. No longer will we have to lurk behind the bedroom door to get undressed as we shall have a functioning window covering again! No more complaints about frightening the horses.

Then I went off for a hair cut and for once I am very pleased with it, hurrah! Lunch in a favourite cafe then I drove the 70+ miles to my dd1’s, picked up GD from nursery, took her for a snack, shopped for dinner, took her home and kept her busy until mum and dad came home. Then I bathed the baby and helped get dinner onto the table (on plates - we’re not savages grin) and tidied up before collapsing on the sofa for a bit.

Sleep well, everyone. Xx

pearl79 Fri 24-Jun-22 00:44:50

Hi everyone. I've never been to Soop's Kitchen, and may well never visit again. But I've just spent a happy interlude, "watching" you all chatting and snacking and relaxing on your comfy chairs. All rather idyllic, but it seems you needed someone to close the windows and doors after you'd left.
So thanks for that glass of bubbly I found, and here's to a good night's sleep y'all.

Nannytopsy Fri 24-Jun-22 07:36:46

Welcome pearl! Do come again!
Loving the terrace. I have put croissants, home grown/ homemade strawberry jam and Buck’s Fizz on the table for breakfast.
I’m up early to finish shortening trousers for step GS’s prom tonight. After two of DH’s G&Ts, I didn’t risk taking the scissors to them last night!
Have a good day everyone.

brook2704 Fri 24-Jun-22 09:07:38

A very warm welcome pearl so pleased you’ve joined us, thanks for closing up last night and the breakfast will do me nicely thank you nannytopsy a perfect start to the day

DD2 just phoned to ask if I would sew DGSs cub badges onto his jumper before Monday, he’s got 8 at the last count - what would they do without us, I don’t mind as long as she doesn’t complain they’re not on straight!

So good that you enjoyed sitting out in your pjs grandmabatty I agree the long evenings are just great up here, definitely need to get that Smidge spray on though, but sometimes I just light a citronella candle and it helps keep the little vampires away

Blummin heck SueD super gran in action again - we’ll done you - puts my badge sewing into perspective ?

It’s good to hear that panache is doing ok, thanks for the update Doodle

Nannytopsy Fri 24-Jun-22 09:41:21

Trousers finished and pretty neat, even if I say so myself!
I have a Ukrainian lady coming to help with my ironing mountain. I feel awful to find out she is a dentist back home.

Susan56 Fri 24-Jun-22 09:59:43

Welcome pearl??

Doodle thank you for the news from panache.

brook, I have had to sew a lot of badges on DGD’s rainbows uniform.I learnt after the first couple to pin them on firmly first!

We’re looking after Henry again today.He has arrived very tired.He keeps yawning and saying he’s tired but fighting sleep at the moment.Apparently he was awake most of last night?

Off to the artisan bakery after school pick up.They had run out of DGD’s favourite cinnamon buns and focaccia so she placed an order for tonight!She orders and grandma pays?‍♀️

Blossoming Fri 24-Jun-22 10:09:44

Hello Pearl glad you enjoyed the chat, do call again. Breakfast will do nicely NannyTopsy. I have a hair appointment today SueD, not as busy as your day though. It’s going to be another hot day so I suspect not much housework will be done grin

Hellogirl1 Fri 24-Jun-22 10:22:01

Welcome Pear, do come again! I seem to have trouble finding the time to settle with my laptop just lately, so missed the opening of this lovely new kitchen.
Lovely photo of gorgeous little Willow, don`t they grow up fast?
Good to hear news of Panache, thank you Doodle.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 24-Jun-22 10:49:32

Morning kitchen friends, we have The Imp today and he fell asleep in the car on the way to a local retail park. On returning home I got into position on the sofa and GrandpaGravy managed to get him from car to my lap without waking, phew!!

So now I can catch up with you all.

Good to hear news from Panache sending (((hugs)))

Enjoy Friday whatever you are doing ?‍♀️

Naughtyneine Fri 24-Jun-22 12:55:19

Ooh soooo much to catch up on. What talented peeps we have in our kitchen.....beautiful stain glass and gorgeous sweet peas. I've managed to grow them properly this year for the first time. My Dad used to grow them...he died when I was 9 but I still remember them proudly displayed on the dining room table and it's a bit of a bitter sweet achievement in some ways... Bringing back lovely memories and sadness that he is died so young (42). I hope all the poorly family and friends are now getting better and my thoughts are with all those who have been affected bereavements too. I'm busy today .. Hostessing at my DOH workplace. They are raising money for Ukraine (via the Red Cross) by serving home made cakes. I've made Doughnut muffins which are selling well thankfully as it means we won't have to eat them!!!!!! I'll pop some into the kitchen later.

Charleygirl5 Fri 24-Jun-22 13:37:10

I note that Urms has written on another thread so hopefully she will pop in here this evening.
TOYA

ShazzaKanazza Fri 24-Jun-22 13:50:42

Good afternoon lovely Kitcheners. I am too late to enjoy the breakfast Buck’s Fizz that was on offer this morning.

Hi Pearl? Hope you pop back in again to chat.
Hope Urmstongran is going to be back with us. It’s been a quiet kitchen without her.
I’ve taken my best friend to her Drs appointment this morning and for a walk around The Range and Dunelm. She’s fine walking though slow after her op and having covid but can’t stand for long she’s very wobbly so is nowhere ready to go back to work next week.
I’ve just done a pile of ironing while DH has gone up for a lay down. The delicate little flower that he is ?‍♀️

Enjoy all your activities this afternoon you are all so busy. I’m going to pick up GS from school soon.
I’ll pop back in and have a read when DH has gone out tonight. ?

ShazzaKanazza Fri 24-Jun-22 14:03:23

One of our little frogs popped up to say hello

Blossoming Fri 24-Jun-22 14:03:40

My hair appointment is cancelled, hairdresser’s van is in the garage and she can’t get to the salon on time. We’ve re-arranged for next week. It’s raining here but no cooler so Mr. B and I are trying to keep cool indoors and listening to an audiobook together. I’m glad Urms is off the norty step. Glad you got to spend time with your friend Shazza, hope your trip to The Range was productive.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 24-Jun-22 14:17:36

You could do with sending some rain our way Blossoming.
My other friend and I bought my recovering friend a grey pot for her garden with a goldcrest conifer to go inside and a large bag of miracle gro compost. It seems boring but she was happy with that, it was what she wanted. The compost was 6.99 or 2 for 8.00 which I only discovered when I took my trolley back. Grrr my husband always says I can’t spot an offer!

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 24-Jun-22 14:19:58

I’ve found a spot in the garden for my stained glass ornament. Milo is admiring it from afar.

Grandmabatty Fri 24-Jun-22 14:22:37

That's lovely Ladyleftfieldlover. I am being lazy. I've watered the garden and weeded again. The house is clean and tidy so I'm lying on the couch a la romans. I may have a nap. Til later kitcheners.

Yiayia4 Fri 24-Jun-22 14:33:05

Yassas new kitchen how lovely to sit on the terrace.
I bring you Greek orange cake soaked in orange scented syrup,it’s delicious and goes very well with a chilled rose.
We will be moving on to our next place tomorrow after having a fabulous week here.Everything has been perfect and have loved having the pool to cool down.We have a house overlooking the sea for next week so looking forward to that also.

Welcome Pearl come again.Hope your O.K Soop and many thanks Doodle for news of Panache.
Have a good afternoon everyone. (Kalispera)

soop Fri 24-Jun-22 14:34:57

A warm welcome to pearl179. Us lot would love you to visit more often. Please consider...flowers

Doodle Thank you for passing on the message from Panache. Please will you give her our love and very best wishes.

Shazza Lucky you. I love frogs.

Urms Haste ye back. You've been missed.

Hellogirl1 We said two hellos to dear David yesterday. It is quite a bit changed since you last visited the site. A big face-lift.

You all appear to have enjoyed yesterday evening's celebration on the terrace. grin We had an invitation to have tea with neighbours at 3:30 this afternoon. At 5:30 we have friends calling to take us out for an early evening supper. Wouldn't you just know it. So, the tea time date has been postponed for a wee while.

Now, what to wear? It's a bistro supper. I've tried on three possible outfits. MrS approved of them all. What I really want to know is, which is the most appropriate. wink
As you will guess, we don't have regular outings.

The sun is shining and there is a brisk breeze. About to shower and wash my hair. It's all go.

Hellogirl1 Fri 24-Jun-22 15:12:21

Yia, do you ever make Halava? I lost my recipe from a Greek Cypriot friend years ago, and would love to make it again. Sadly can`t ask her, she has since died. I`ve found a few recipes online, but they aren`t the same.
Soop, I`m not sure I`d like the site anymore after all the face lifts, we liked it`s natural state.

Jaxjacky Fri 24-Jun-22 15:23:36

Thank you Doodle for news of panache I think of her particularly when I’m in the kitchen.
That looks great llfl just right.
We need some decent rain here, it’s cloudy, but just a spot of drizzle earlier, hose will be out later. I’ve fed my greenhouse veg and am annoyed at more weeds appearing between slabs, , how come they crack on without rain?
Off to play bowls in a couple of hours, probably rain then.
Pleased to see Urms has been allowed out to play.

brook2704 Fri 24-Jun-22 18:02:41

It’s been another lovely warm day here, a bit cloudy but no wind and no rain. I’ve been to the gym for a splash around in the pool and a good blether with the ladies
Then a quick trip to the local garden centre, I bought two more plants that I don’t need but couldn’t resist - as usual!
Your stained glass artwork looks really lovely where you’ve put it in the garden llfl well done with making that all yourself
Thank you for the tip about pinning the badges on first Sue , I’m having a go at that later
Enjoy your evening out soop, it’s a lazy evening here for us I think
Hope to have Urms back here with us soon

Grannmarie Fri 24-Jun-22 18:28:30

There you are!!!

Hello, Soop and lovely Kitchen people!
What a wonderful summer Kitchen with beautiful wrap round terraces and luxurious garden loungers! I love the pergola and the Pimms bar! Soop, you are really spoiling us, thank you. ??

The past few days have been a bit of a roller coaster, but at last DH has been discharged from hospital. He is quite weak, sleeping a lot, requiring help with things he never required help with before IYKWIM, but he is so happy to be home, and very grateful for all the care he received in our local hospital.

Although it's summer, I'm feeding him home made soup and mince and tatties to build him up.
He's dozing again ? so I'm going to put my feet up and catch up with the New Kitchen News!

Once again, many thanks for all your kind wishes. ?? TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion