Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's comforting kitchen for the sharing of...

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 23-Jun-22 15:39:38

WELCOME. How pleased I am to be able to say...we have a new gathering place.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 24-Jun-22 18:31:52

OH requested beef bourginone [sp] for dinner, so that what's in the oven right now. I'll have a glass of prosecco with mine. OH can't drink alcohol after 6 pm.

Blossoming Fri 24-Jun-22 19:02:14

Lovely news Granmarie, I’m sure he’ll soon pick up with your TLC at home. Sleep is very healing, and mince and tattles is a powerful cure [smik]

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 24-Jun-22 19:14:54

Hello all and welcome pearl. I hope your DH continues to improve Granmarie. He will be so pleased to be with you.
Just in from work and sitting with a much wanted cup of tea. Beautiful weather all day and now a heavy downpour but much needed for farmers and gardens.
Many thanks for opening up a new kitchen. My culinary skills are somewhat non existent at the moment but I will whisk up some strawberry pavlova and chill some champagne. My best wishes to all.x

Grandmadinosaur Fri 24-Jun-22 19:21:11

Popping in to say what good news Grannmarie that your DH is home. I’m sure with your home nursing he will continue to make good progress. ??

I’m sitting here watching the clock tick down to 7.30 when my DH departs for his usual Friday night in DS’s bar. I’ll be pouring myself a G&T that I bought yesterday it’s rhubarb and star anise. Had a sample and it’s very nice. Help yourself ladies but be quick before it’s all gone.

Blossoming Fri 24-Jun-22 19:26:27

That was a smile not a smirk Granmarie!

brook2704 Fri 24-Jun-22 19:27:42

Great news that your DH is home now grannmarie ?

ShazzaKanazza Fri 24-Jun-22 20:16:11

Good evening lovely Kitcheners. It’s still a lovely warm evening. At 5 o’clock today the temperature said 29 in our sunny garden.
Ladyleftfieldlover your garden ornament looks gorgeous where you’ve put it.
Yia your Greek orange cake sounded heavenly. I’d love to try that yum!
Soop hope your evening has gone well I’m sure you looked lovely
Grannmarie it’s such great news that your husband is home from hospital and I’m sure with your tender care and lovely comforting foods he’ll regain his strength everyday.
Well DH is now out with friends. I’ve just had my tea while watching Two Doors Down my favourite comedy. A programme I’m sure a lot of you Scottish ladies love. I’m going of to have a pamper session then pick him up late evening.
Take care everyone x

ShazzaKanazza Fri 24-Jun-22 20:33:26

Grandmadinosaur if your on your own one Friday night I’ll get DH to drop me at yours and pick me up and I’ll join you for a drink. I’ll bring my rum and ginger beer lol xx

Nannytopsy Fri 24-Jun-22 20:33:28

That’s good news GM! Enjoy having him home.
I was awake from 4.30am so I may well go to bed early tonight. I did manage to cut the grass earlier - it doesn’t warrant the name “lawn”!
There’s a gardener on GW who aims to go out in the garden everyday. What about the housework??

Grandmadinosaur Fri 24-Jun-22 20:34:43

I’ll remember that Shazza

Jaxjacky Fri 24-Jun-22 20:52:39

What brilliant news Grannmarie phew! Slowly does it, I wish you both well in his recuperation.
Bowls has been played, badly by me, only my second attempt whereas MrJ played years ago to a pretty high standard in Belfast. More practice for me, I’ll sleep well tonight.
Hope you enjoyed your early supper soop, quick change of location for you Yia, it sounds blissful.
Have a lovely evening all x

Urmstongran Fri 24-Jun-22 21:23:12

‘Evening All’

I’m allowed back.
Boy I’ve missed all you lovely peeps in soops kitchen.

Bellanonna Fri 24-Jun-22 21:39:30

Grannmarie, that’s great news! Onwards and upwards now. ???

kittylester Fri 24-Jun-22 21:47:23

Hi urms, ?

Grannmarie Fri 24-Jun-22 21:51:31

Thank you, lovely ladies.
NNGB???

Nannytopsy Fri 24-Jun-22 21:57:26

Welcome back Urms! You have been missed. Did you bring any cake?

Urmstongran Fri 24-Jun-22 22:00:14

Of course!

gillgran Fri 24-Jun-22 22:14:11

Oh! that cake.!! Urmstongran, Good to see you back amongst friends.

Talking of cake, I'm just starting an on-line pre-diabetic course.
Just had the first session, it apparently goes on for months..!

I was referred by my health centre, it said, "a recent blood test shows you are in the at risk group", ( that "recent" blood test was last September..!!

Warm thoughts for you all.

SueDonim Sat 25-Jun-22 00:11:27

I’m back home after another busy day with the GC. First off, it seems that my GD might have chickenpox (had a false alarm about a month ago) along with 3/4 of her classmates so the nursery graduation ceremony I’d gone down for was cancelled. ?‍♀️ Instead, I looked after her while her mum took the baby to a work event. I hung out two loads of laundry then got it back in and folded it, tidied up, made lunch, changed a bed, did some weeding, broke up a fight between their and next door’s cat(!) and read to GD. Then made the two hour drive home, where thankfully Dh had a lovely salad waiting on the table.

Brooke your mention of sewing on badges gives me the fear that my dd is going to lumbe rme with sewing on all the name tapes when GD starts school in August! Dd is left-handed and does a fine line in learned helplessness. ‘Oh mum, you do it so much better than I could ever do.’ ? grin

Granmarie that is amazing about your Dh! What a wonderful happy ending, even if he still has some way go. ❤️

Well, it’s now tomorrow so TOYA! Xx

Baggs Sat 25-Jun-22 11:28:58

Morning, kitcheners! It has taken me an age to find this new kitchen to I'm bookmarking it with a post and a photo of an indoor balsam flower on a plant grown from a seed that I collected last year from a plant soop gave me.

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 11:30:27

Good morning everyone hope you all have some sunshine.
Just popped in to say I’m dropping off a pile of rhubarb so help yourself.
DH has just plonked it on the draining board. Already got some stewed in the freezer. X

Blossoming Sat 25-Jun-22 11:37:38

Good morning dear Kitcheners. We have sunshine and fluffy white clouds at the moment. I need to get on with clearing and tidying, no fun in the heat but we must get the boiler serviced while we don’t need the heating on! Have a good day all x

Charleygirl5 Sat 25-Jun-22 12:03:44

SueDonim would it not be easier to buy the iron-on tapes?

There is good drying weather here today and I am about to hang out my 3rd washing. I live alone, which of you lot are adding to my supply?!!!

Susan56 Sat 25-Jun-22 12:41:29

I would recommend writing the name on with permanent marker.

Last Friday our DGS left his sweatshirt in the school nursery.When he went back on Tuesday no sign of it.DD bought a new one from the school second hand shop.When she got it home she realised it was B’s as it had a pen mark on she had been trying to get off.She basically had paid £5 to get their own top back?‍♀️She emailed the PTA lady and said was the name tag you carefully unpicked B’s name and sure enough it was!

SueDonim Sat 25-Jun-22 13:35:46

Did she get her money back, Susan?

Yes, iron-on tapes will be a good idea although I’m not sure dd possesses an iron. ? Maybe the marker pen will be the solution!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion