Gransnet forums

Chat

Katie price

(39 Posts)
bevisp1 Fri 24-Jun-22 13:14:29

After seeing todays verdict that yet again she is getting away without a jail sentence, only to just do community service! Will she ever learn???

Chewbacca Fri 24-Jun-22 18:07:03

the drinking and parties never stopped hmm

Harvey has Septo-optic Dysplasia, a rare genetic disorder affecting his eyesight, as well as autism and Prader-Willi syndrome, none of which is caused by a pregnant mother's lifestyle or behaviour. Not nice to imply that his serious health conditions were caused by his mother.

Livey Fri 24-Jun-22 18:12:46

Chewbacca, I certainly didn't want to imply that Harvey's disorder had anything to do do with her behaviour
I was making a point that no matter what the circumstances, she does not appear to help herself

3nanny6 Fri 24-Jun-22 18:18:22

Livey yes you are right when she was pregnant with Harvey she still partied and drank I remember seeing pictures of her falling out of nightclubs with her pregnant belly on show.
One thing I have never seen pictures of is her taking drugs but
poor talented Amy Winehouse took enough drugs and also Paula Yates and then her daughter Peaches tragically took the overdose. Lile I mentioned Kerry Catona had a thing with cocaine also it must be the celebrity lifestyle.

Chewbacca Fri 24-Jun-22 18:25:37

That's fair enough Livey smile I agree with you that KP doesn't seem to help herself; she's admitted herself that she has a self destruct button. I feel that she's a product of her childhood experiences and, whilst aghast at some of the things she's done, I'm also sympathetic.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 24-Jun-22 18:28:09

Some of her children are old enough to read the newspaper reports about their mother. I wonder what they think. At least they seem to be living mainly with their fathers these days.

3nanny6 Fri 24-Jun-22 18:33:47

I also did not imply that Katie Prices drinking had caused any of Harveys health conditions and am aware that his conditions are very specific.

In view of how any pregnant woman should conduct herself whilst in pregnancy I would point out that there is actually something called alcohol foetul syndrome which is when the unborn child is directly harmed by the mother drinking when the child is in the womb. I have seen some of these babies and they are born smaller than the usual infant and many have complications that will effect them throughout their lives. Without blaming Katie Price it is common knowledge that one should take good care of themselves when pregnant.

Galaxy Fri 24-Jun-22 18:41:45

Well she put a bit more effort into his care than his father.

Oldwoman70 Fri 24-Jun-22 18:57:12

I doubt if she will learn anything from this - she will probably end up making a "reality" programme about doing community service. I also understand she is due back in court in 2 weeks regarding a 10th driving offence.

I really hope she somehow gets the help she needs and comes to her senses before she causes serious damage to herself or someone else

Chewbacca Fri 24-Jun-22 19:02:30

Well she put a bit more effort into his care than his father.

Didn't she just.my post would be deleted if I said what I thought of DY.

Iam64 Fri 24-Jun-22 19:04:45

I’ve extensive knowledge of the
Impact of drugs n alcohol on unborn babies and on children throughout their developmental years. It’s not a cheery picture but I’ve rarely met a parent who didn’t live their children and want the best for them

Kerry Katona’s early years snd care history are in the public domain. In many ways, she’s a survivor
The celebrity life style is aspired to by many
Especially, vulnerable adolescents. Good enough parents will step in and stop the opportunity to “be a model” because they know the risks. Katie P was a ‘glamour model’ too young by far. Her life is escalating out of control. Pity she hasn’t engaged with the therapy she needs

BlueBelle Fri 24-Jun-22 19:11:19

Katie Price is a very damaged soul she is a loving mother and all the children seem to adore her She has a very deep connection with Harvey and for all her faults I think she is a loving and fun mum The children all seem nice kids
I don’t think Peter Andre is a saint but obviously comes from a more stable background
Her sister seems a very ordinary person I haven’t read any of her autobiographies what made her mum put her in the line light so early in Katie’s young life

JaneJudge Fri 24-Jun-22 19:24:55

I think we all may be part of the problem of people making judgement on her and other people in the public eye and I doubt that is a life choice once you have to pay your mortgage rent etc - like the rest of us I suppose but I don't suppose we get the same judgment in our faces

Ali08 Sun 26-Jun-22 05:02:21

That bloody woman thinks she's above everyone else, and this has just made her think it even more!!!

She is bankrupt, supposedly, but flies off on holidays - 6 so far this year, and it's only June!!
She has plastic surgery like it's going out of date!
I wonder if the fathers of her children have ever considered going for custody? I'm sure it would do the children good!
I just can't understand how the hell she ALWAYS gets away with everything?
Oh, and she has 2 new puppies. How long will these poor pups live?