Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 25th June 2022

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 25-Jun-22 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Another sunny start here in brackley this morning,with no cloud at the moment .
Today, will hopefully go to Bicester via Buckingham ,and return and watch cycling on T V .
Blood test went OK yesterday , I know have the kit to do the poo sample , but its setting it up to do it.
Take Care,
Mick

Newquay Sat 25-Jun-22 08:02:08

Morning from a sunny Staffs. DH tested positive yesterday. Not feeling well, very tired, head cold and cough. He took a Night Nurse last night, he’s still asleep, hoping he’s had a good night.
He finished his antibiotics on Thursday for his latest UTI. He has a phone appointment with Urologist on Monday-hope he’s proactive. Not been impressed so far. Standing by for next UTI to start again soon ?

Chrissielou Sat 25-Jun-22 08:07:20

A lovely sunny start in Oxfordshire, as I begin my 2 weeks off with DH. Lots of walking, gardening and relaxing planned, meals out and day trips. Need to be on hand for DD1 as this week has thrown up some complications and challenges we weren't expecting. Hoping chemo can go ahead on Monday.
Our garden is looking abundant and all the seeds we grew have done so well. Sweet peas are especially good and the tomato plants bearing lots of fruit already.
May you find sunshine and contentment today, especially grin Kittylester.

Mapleleaf Sat 25-Jun-22 08:11:13

Good morning all from a sunny South Yorkshire,
So many posts already this morning - lots of early birds ?.
Didn’t sleep too well through the night as it seemed unbearably hot at times, and gave up in the end and came down just after 7.30.
We’ve had our flights cancelled - we’re going to a wedding soon ( or will be, if we can get alternative flights with a different carrier that aren’t extortionately priced). Feel frustrated about it all at the moment, as everything was organised - flight, accommodation, car park, etc, etc.

I do hope your DH gets over his infection quickly, Grandmattie and that you both have a better night tonight. ?

Lovely to see you back, Urms.

Hope you get everything set up for your sample without problem, Mick.

? Marydoll - hope today is better for you.

Take care everyone, and kind thoughts to all with troubles or health problems.

Stilllearning Sat 25-Jun-22 08:25:45

Morning from S Lanarkshire, patches of blue sky but still chilly.

Today’s main event is seven year old DGS’s dance show this evening. He loves to perform at home but I’m not at all sure how he will react to an audience. I hope he’s okay.

My brother is coming this morning to help me get the garden a bit more organised, I am no gardener, I wish I was but absolutely no green fingers I’m afraid. My dear friend used to ‘get lost’ in her garden for hours at a time and I so envied her talent and creativity. Her anniversary is tomorrow.

Wishing everyone the best and most peaceful day possible???

EkwaNimitee Sat 25-Jun-22 08:27:12

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. Evidently, there's been a shower or two over night and no doubt one or two more will be along later. I'll be out in the garden later but first there will be a trip to the garden centre and a stop for the weekend papers. I'd like to get round to put more pictures up but we'll see....prefer the gardening!

I hope your DH improves soon grandMattie and also hope to hear from Marydoll.

Have the best possible weekend all of you.

Gingster Sat 25-Jun-22 08:27:42

Good morning all and the sun is just breaking through.

Sar your birthday treats sound lovely. I’m glad you enjoyed your day.

GG hope your journey into London is problem-free. Have a lovely dinner with your DS and hopefully your DIL.

Dd brought round little gd’s Beaver jumper with badges to be sewn on. She’s just been invested. This will be the 7th ‘s time the task has been given to me, and I should be an expert by now, but I’m not! ?. A bit wonky and not sure where the badges go?. Oh well! I’m sure I’ll be told if it’s wrong ?.

I do hope you all have a good day! ?

Gingster Sat 25-Jun-22 08:31:01

Chrissielou - enjoy your 2 weeks ‘holiday’ and relax. It’s been a tough few months for you, I know! . Fingers crossed your Dd ‘s problems get sorted and the Chemo can go ahead. ?

grandMattie Sat 25-Jun-22 08:37:59

My earrings, Urms!

kittylester Sat 25-Jun-22 08:39:49

Morning everyone. North Leicestershire is, as dragonfly says, very sunny.

I intend to finish repotting my house plants today and wander into the village for flowers and a couple of cards.

DD1 has spent the night in hospital on an iv drip but seems OK this morning.

ginny, thank you for reminding me - I haven't booked Tolethorpe yet. The weather looks good- enjoy.

Have the best day possible everyone.

harrigran Sat 25-Jun-22 08:39:52

Good morning from a sunny but windy NE.
It was very humid and dark clouds gathered last evening but the storm did not materialise overhead, could hear it rumbling in the distance. The rain was only a few spots which was a shame because I didn't water the plants on the expectation of rain.
My sister has booked another flight, for next week, flying out of Frankfurt this time. Let's hope this one goes ahead, I don't think she could cope with a fourth cancellation.
Sister and her DH will visit this afternoon and DS and family will come and be here for the rest of the day. I am going to be tired tonight as I didn't sleep well.
Lovely to see Urmston back with us.
Thoughts are with grandMattie, hope you are managing to get some rest.

Georgesgran Sat 25-Jun-22 09:15:23

Good morning from a bright, sunny Durham, very breezy though. As Harri says, the anticipated rain really didn’t materialize last night - a bit of drizzle, but no more.
Yesterday’s post was lost - so again Hi to Urms welcome back. gM I remember the UTIs well - the medics thought my DH had had a stroke on one occasion. Fingers crossed for Monday Chrissie - chemo is so brutal.
A leisurely weekend as I’ve had a busy week with dogs and GCs. My own blood tests were fine, but I must lose weight?.
Have a good weekend.

GrannySomerset Sat 25-Jun-22 09:20:53

Clouding up now after a bright start so expect the forecast showers will soon be here. Have an empty today so not sure what I will do with it.

Sorry so much unwellness around and hoping that things improve for MrGmattie in particular, and that Marydoll is all right.

Kalu Sat 25-Jun-22 09:21:24

Good morning everyone from a blustery Glasgow. Heavy rain last night so the garden has been well watered as I had watered everything the night before.

DH has been admitted to hospital early as his breathing is quite laboured now. All members of staff we so welcoming and friendly as we were getting him settled into his own room. He was on good form as I left him later on in the afternoon. Just keeping myself busy now and thankful DD2 and SiL are here and I won’t be rattling around the house on my own.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Auntieflo Sat 25-Jun-22 09:24:37

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
Sending best wishes to GrandMattie and hope she manages to get her DH downstairs. Be careful.
Hoping Marydoll is OK.
To all who have worries, enjoy the sunshine and find some peace.
Nice to see Urms back. I have missed her.

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 09:27:27

Good Morning Mick and everyone from another sunny morning in Hull.
Still no rain so DH had to water the garden again last night. Lovely lie in this morning. DH is still asleep after his night out.

grandMattie ? your poor husband and his UTI! My mother in law had a bad one once and was throwing chairs around on the hospital ward. So awful.
Chrissielou hope your DD has her chemo ok on Monday. ?
Kitty hope your DD is feeling better today ?

Today and tomorrow are fairly quiet with no real plans. We’ll take it as it comes. I’m sure we’ll see the DC and GC at some point. Our friends are coming over tonight for a takeaway and a drink.

Take care everyone and hope all flights go ahead and journeys are safe. Enjoy all your activities with families and friends. Virtual hugs to those who are feeling stress and coping with illness and worries.??

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 09:29:51

Kalu so sorry you have the worry of your DH in hospital. So pleased though you have family there for support. X

hulahoop Sat 25-Jun-22 09:56:00

Welcome back Urms ,Gm and Kalu ?and all who need them .We are going to one of our Gg dance show this evening it's lovely to see how they are improving year after year she is 10 started when she was 3 .It's our third week without buses and unpredictable train service I feel for people without transport especially elderly we live on a steep hill a walking from town is very difficult taxies are doing a brisk trade but not everyone can afford them .

Marydoll Sat 25-Jun-22 10:09:38

Good morning all, a short post.
I have pancreatitis and am quite unwell.
I will have to go to hospital if it doesn't settle by tomorrow.
The only reason I'm not in hospital, is because it's the weekend.
I would just be lying in A&E and wouldn't be seen by a surgeon, until Monday. Fingers crossed it will settle, The pain has been horrendous.
To those who sent PMs, thank you. I couldn't lift my head off the pillow yesterday to reply, but they were very much appreciated..
Love to all, who are struggling.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Jun-22 10:12:11

Marydoll I hope the pancreatitis settles down soon, sending you a (((hug)))

Blossoming Sat 25-Jun-22 10:13:41

I hope the pain settles soon Marydoll flowers

ShazzaKanazza Sat 25-Jun-22 10:16:34

Marydoll hope it settles down and you keep out of hospital. ?sorry you have felt so poorly x

dragonfly46 Sat 25-Jun-22 10:17:33

Oh wow Mary pancreatitis is incredibly painful. My DS had it when he was 30 due to gall stones and nearly died. Please go to hospital - even at the weekend it is the place to be.

Sorry to hear your DH is in hospital Kalu I hope he returns soon after his op and all goes well.

Chrissie I remember these things crop up during treatment but hopefully the chemo goes ahead on Monday. Is she coming to the end yet?

I love the earrings Mattie I have never had my ears pierced and often regret it.

Urmstongran Sat 25-Jun-22 10:17:37

Poor you Marydoll. Pancreatitis is very painful. I hope you have something in your medication box that might ease the pain for you, if not ring 111 perhaps or your pharmacist for advice? Hope you are better soon and hospital can be avoided.

Marydoll Sat 25-Jun-22 10:22:12

I have seen a doctor and and have medication to ease the spasms. My GP says I have to present myself at A&E, no point in phoning 111.
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

aggie Sat 25-Jun-22 10:25:34

Good morning everyone , though it doesn’t sound like a great day for some people with poorly OHs
It is so hard to watch partners suffer while caring for them pulls your own health down xxx
Poor Marydoll that is an awful pain I’m told xxx
Just had a phone call from youngest Son , he , his partner and son were due to visit with my sister , then come here for a few days but she is just back from Germany and has tested positive for Covid so they will be here tomorrow instead of next week ! It will be nice to see them , they are still getting better from their dose of Covid, just as well we are all well jabbed or it could be curtains !