Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 30th June 2022

(71 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 30-Jun-22 05:43:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey cloudy start here in brackley this morning, my plans for the day ,is a shall I go to Bicester on the bus , or will I stay put.
This afternoon a face 2 face with my doctor as to what is wrong with me ,and will my prescription list increase?
Take Care,
Mick

aggie Thu 30-Jun-22 09:21:43

Good morning from a dull muggy NI,
I hope your health problems are easily solved Michael take it easy till your appointment
grandMattie great news about your Daughter, it good the family are with you just now ??
Marydoll you are in a pickle , I hope your lovely Doctor helps , kidney infections are the devils work
I’ve a funeral to attend this morning , a lovely man from our club has succumbed after a long illness

GrannySomerset Thu 30-Jun-22 09:23:14

Book group arriving in an hour so must get coffee etc organised. Nothing else in view today so may watch the tennis later.

Thinking of gMattie and her family during such a painful time and am glad they are together. I couldn’t cope with watching DH slowly slip away on my own and feel guilty about it even though he was past knowing I was there. Hope Marydoll gets some help from her medical team and that she feels better soon.

Georgesgran Thu 30-Jun-22 09:32:48

Good morning from a bright Durham.
?gM as you watch your DH take a journey only he can go alone. My heart goes out to you.
X

hulahoop Thu 30-Jun-22 09:44:47

It's a bright morning here ,shopping today the fridge is empty .My thoughts are with all with sad days .Kalu lovely to hear your good news .shower ?is calling .

gillgran Thu 30-Jun-22 09:46:19

Good Morning to you all from another warm, overcast, but still very dry Cambs.,

My thoughts & prayers for you & your family, grandMattie.

Also warm wishes to all the poorly people on this friendly thread, & those with family worries.

Safe travels for you all.

Blossoming Thu 30-Jun-22 09:47:58

Good morning Mick and all. It’s sunny in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C. Rain forecast for later.

Another frustrating day yesterday, spent waiting for a booked telephone call from the Cancer Support Team which never came. The call was arranged by them 4 months ago. I have some questions around my pathway and need to know what to expect going forward. If I don’t hear from them by the weekend I will ring them on the contact telephone number that they gave me after the last telephone appointment in March.

Hope your doctors appointment goes well Mick.

Congratulations to your DD GrandMattie, keeping my fingers crossed that your DH has a peaceful time now.

Good news kalu, best wishes for a speedy recovery to your DH.

It’s a couple of years since I had a kidney infection Marydoll and I remember how horrendous it was. I hope yours improves soon flowers

Enjoy your walk today Brook. Have a lovely time with your family Beechnut.

Housework and usual physio exercises later.

Positive thoughts to those going through difficult times. May today be a good one for us all, with a ?or ??along the way.

harrigran Thu 30-Jun-22 09:50:18

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Yesterday turned out to be an awful day. Found a pool of water on the worktop in the kitchen and everything wet in the cupboard below, looked up and it was coming through the ceiling. Called a plumber who came within an hour and told me it was likely to be from the en suite. In his words it will be a nightmare as all the gubbins are behind the tiled walls. I can't use that bathroom and I have family coming plus I am supposed to be going on holiday next week.
My sister arrived in the UK yesterday having been assisted through Hamburg and Frankfurt airports, she had only hand baggage so will buy necessities here.
My thoughts are constantly with you grandMattie and that you have your family by your side. Well done to your DD on the job interview.
Thoughts are with all poorly people and their carers.

mamaa Thu 30-Jun-22 10:16:09

Good morning all. Took me ages to read through such a variety of posts, lots going on for many, some of it very challenging, so thoughts and prayers to those for whom this is the case.

Today I am mainly going to be finding ironing avoidance tactics- reading every post on the GM thread, and then checking the active threads is a very efficient way to achieve this for some of the day...might just finish the book I started last week later too grin

Wishing you all as good a day as is possible dear GNetters. x

luluaugust Thu 30-Jun-22 10:23:21

Good morning all from a grey overcast Kent. Today will be spent getting to grips with new hearing aids, everything is so loud including DH's growly voice grin
Thinking of you all.

Doodle Thu 30-Jun-22 10:53:58

Congratulations to your DD grandmattie. Some good news at a sad time.
Glad your son is with you too. I hope your husband is comfortable and in no pain.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Marydoll so sorry to hear how poorly you are feeling. Thinking of you in my prayers. ?

hollysteers Thu 30-Jun-22 11:49:06

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Hope your appointment goes well Mick and I’m glad you have had something to cheer you up grandMattie during this difficult time.
Nice day trip yesterday to Leek and Trentham gardens, where I walked right round the lake and what with more walking, about 4 miles. Long delay on M6 coming back and a driver who didn’t communicate much and didn’t stop for a ‘comfort’ break on journey down of about nearly four hours as we had pick ups.
Apart from my usual cramps, last night on climbing into bed, saw big red blotches on my lower legs, no idea what they are. Just came out of the blue. Very unsightly. Might pop into the chemist if they don’t disappear.
Thoughts to all with worries.

joyce6135 Thu 30-Jun-22 11:52:58

Sending love and prayers to all in the GrandMattie family.

LauraNorderr Thu 30-Jun-22 12:00:40

Mattie flowers

Auntieflo Thu 30-Jun-22 12:14:06

Sending love and prayers to GrandMattie and her DH. I am so pleased that their DD and son managed to get home. Also big congratulations to your DD on getting her new job.

Mick, take care and don't try to do too much.
To Marydoll , are you being good and obeying the Dr's? You need lots of Rest and Recuperation.
What a lot of Good Morningers are in sick bay, or have family members that need a lot of love and care just lately.

I now need to go and read all the posts properly.
Have a good day one and all.

rjack Thu 30-Jun-22 12:28:29

After. Following all the safety instructions regarding Covid I came down with this flu like illness on Monday. So shocked to see two lines on test kit. However feeling much better this fine sunny day in Carnoustie. Hoping all lads and lassies are staying strong for their families and finding strength in each other.

CherryCezzy Thu 30-Jun-22 16:24:12

I know I rarely post anywhere on gn now but I couldn't pass by . Sending a cwtch to you grandMattie ?
Congratulations to your DD too, in this most difficult of times this is a ray of positive news x

Sending my regards to all ?

mrshat Thu 30-Jun-22 16:58:20

GrandMattie so pleased you have your children around you at the precious time. Prayers and positive thoughts for you. Congratulations to your daughter - such good news for the whole family. I bet her dad is very proud. Take good care xx

mrshat Thu 30-Jun-22 17:02:23

Marydoll - your "nippie sweetie" of a doctor sounds a keeper. So pleased she is on the ball and keeping an eye on you. Please take her advice and rest. Prayers and positive vibes going your way. Take care flowers

Ali23 Thu 30-Jun-22 18:42:57

Grandmattie and family, I hope that you and your family can share a time of deep peace with Mr Mattie and each other.

Susan56 Thu 30-Jun-22 18:53:40

Cherry???