Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 2nd July 2022

(41 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 02-Jul-22 05:46:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull grey start here in brackley this morning.
I have started to change my routine as regards to medication ,and meals .
I also had a letter from my surgery as to making an appointment at the JR in Oxford as to stomach .
Also paid off for my planned trip staying at Warners Nidd Hall .
Plus locally this weekend up the road a Silverstone we have the F1 GP , with a local team involved Mercedes , they have put up Chequered Flags in the town centre .
take care,
Mick

baubles Sat 02-Jul-22 08:52:35

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s raining yet again.

My call yesterday from the high heid yins at work was fine, they were actually very supportive which was lovely.

Mary it sounds as if everyone is looking after you, relax and let them. Thinking of you and your family Mattie.

Another quiet day ahead in baubles towers, I’ll try to get a little walk if the weather allows.

Thoughts with all those coping with illness or worries.

Nannagarra Sat 02-Jul-22 08:59:01

Thinking of you Mattie and hoping the Crossroads carer turns up tonight. Look after yourself.

Newquay Sat 02-Jul-22 09:00:03

? for GM and family and all others having a tough time too

ginny Sat 02-Jul-22 09:10:07

Good morning from our caravan in a rather damp Brixham. Enjoying the company of our friends and getting out and about.
Unfortunately our youngest Grandson ( 14 months) had an allergic reaction on Thursday and has developed croup..
He had to go to A &E where he was given steroids and will be referred to the allergy department. Till then all products containing nuts or traces of have been removed from their house and all labels on food must now be carefully read until they can confirm.
His big brother has had tonsillitis this week too. Worrying, especially when you are too far away to help.

Thoughts with all others who are poorly or dealing with others who are.

hulahoop Sat 02-Jul-22 09:17:56

Kitty good to see your daughter is home hope you Get better news from your brother .* Kalu*bet you glad to hear oh is well enough to be moved .Shazza sounds like a day and meal both good.Hull is one of our go to places using railcard .* Marydoll*and GM ?

Blossoming Sat 02-Jul-22 09:44:50

Good morning Mick and all. It’s raining in my corner of Lancashire, currently 13°C.

I am propped up on pillows with a mug of tea. I had a fall yesterday and am feeding battered and bruised so will take it easy today.

Missing Urms, is she with the crumpet queen?

Hope today brings some happiness and comfort to all.

luluaugust Sat 02-Jul-22 09:45:33

Good morning from a sunny, blowy W Kent. Off to buy a newspaper and some cakes as DS is coming over later to help DH move some boxes around before DD1 arrives next week. More tennis for me I think.
Best wishes to gM, Marydoll and glad your daughter is home Kitty
To everyone out and about enjoy your day.

baubles Sat 02-Jul-22 09:48:15

Kalu I’ve just read the good news about your DH. Best wishes for hi continued recovery.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 02-Jul-22 09:55:40

Good morning all from grey, damp Harrogate
My thoughts are with you grandMattie hope you get some rest.
Marydoll glad you are being looked after. Are you sure those pills aren’t interacting with each other and causing problems?
Yesterday I went to the hospital physio then did some shopping after.
Today I am treating myself to a DIY manicure and pedicure! After the housework that is. Hope those who are ill are feeling better today.
When are you in Nidd Hall Mick that’s just a couple of miles from me.
Have the best day possible folks

Marydoll Sat 02-Jul-22 10:26:31

Marydoll glad you are being looked after. Are you sure those pills aren’t interacting with each other and causing problems?
Gwen, they are frequently tweaked to prevent this happening, if possible.
Sadly everyone is necessary.

Kalu, glad to read your news about your DH.
Blossoming, sorry to hear of your fall, take it easy. ?

Grandmadinosaur Sat 02-Jul-22 10:27:23

Sorry to hear about your fall Blossoming it must have shaken you up. Take it easy today. Yes I think you are thinking on the right lines about Urms we miss her.

Marydoll you must wonder what each day will throw at you. Take care ?

I have a bit of foggy brain today so sorry if have missed anyone but sending love and thoughts.
Glad to hear your DH is out of HDU Kalu I’m sure your visit will perk him up.
Had a change of plan here as I’m not feeling too brilliant. I’d taken paracetamol and thought I’d feel better but I don’t so I’m going back to bed. Thankfully GS hadn’t been told about today so Granddad has taken him out to the park.

hollysteers Sat 02-Jul-22 10:27:58

Good morning Mick and all from a mixed up weather wise northwest coast.
Enjoyed art yesterday, abstract with water spray etc., the picture just seems to make itself. Then on to run through with guitarist before showing my blotchy red legs to the chemist in Boots who didn’t seem to know what it was, advised taking a photo and using some moisturiser. I’m out for meal and drinks tonight so it’s a long dress and panstick methinks..
grandMattie ??? and thoughts to those with DDs having treatment and all with worries of any kind.

hollysteers Sat 02-Jul-22 10:29:10

Get well soon Blossoming ?

dragonfly46 Sat 02-Jul-22 10:30:04

Good to hear the news about your DH Kalu hopefully he will be well enough to come home soon.

EkwaNimitee Sat 02-Jul-22 10:56:19

Good morning Mick and everyone from Carlisle where we are having very heavy showers. I've just got back from a top up shop at Sainsbury's. I have felt driven to go back to mask wearing having heard the latest covid statistics and noticed a definite increase in others doing so too. Still a minority though. I'll probably take a break from gardening today, go for a walk, showers permitting, and catch up with a backlog of reading.

Organising the taking of all those medications must be a real intellectual exercise Marydoll! I hope you are let loose soon.

Have a good weekend, everyone, and wishing all the poorly better days.