Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kitchen for kindly, caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:46:23

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals
And jolly good company...

WELCOME brew cupcake wine flowers sunshine smile

soop Tue 09-Aug-22 17:07:05

Dearest Yia, To be remembered with great affection for so many good qualities, is a fitting tribute to your brother-in-law. flowers

It is a very hot day and although I have managed to complete the ironing, I cannot for the life of me ride that bike to no place in particular. Apologies to Blossoming.

Welcome back to a number of you who have returned to the kitchen. It is a pleasure to have your company.

I must check emails. Tomorrow, it will be another busy day preparing for our reunion with family. On Thursday, I shall blitz the house. Cannot leave dust behind when pals will be house-sitting in our short absence. Birds and cat will be duly catered for. I could not possibly leave them without their usual food.

Tomorrow, I shall return. smile moon

Hellogirl1 Tue 09-Aug-22 17:27:17

So sorry about your BIL Yia

Soop, what a lovely photo, you so suit that colour. I`m glad you had a lovely birthday. Have the locals been warned about your family get together?

Grandmabatty Tue 09-Aug-22 17:34:01

Yiayia I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. Your affection for him shines through and he sounds like a wonderful man. ?

Nannytopsy Tue 09-Aug-22 17:43:51

Sad news yiayia and you were clearly very fond of him.
Our little family are home and sound very relaxed, so tomorrow we are off to see them. Can’t wait for my cuddles ?

ShazzaKanazza Tue 09-Aug-22 17:47:59

Good afternoon dear Kitcheners.
Soop what a gorgeous picture of you. It’s so lovely being able to picture you now. Your home looks gorgeous you are obviously very proud of your garden.

4allweknow ?? it is an unusual coloured sunflower. I’m a bit on the fence to be honest so I will add the yellow ones next year we are going to let the seeds drop and see if we get any next year of the dark ones. They were just a pack from the supermarket.

Yiayia I am so sorry to hear about the death of your dear BIL. ? you are all in my thoughts.

Had a day of visiting with my uncle and Mum. They are an amusing pair.
Possibly may have a glass of wine tonight I usually need one after visiting my uncle? not saying he drives me to drink but…..

Have a good evening everyone speak soon. X ?

gillgran Tue 09-Aug-22 18:12:47

That's a lovely birthday photo, soop, beautiful colours.

Safe journey home brook, hope you will be cooler, (as we get even hotter!)
Our DD & family travelled from Cambridge, by train yesterday to visit her in-laws in Edinburgh, until the weekend.

So sorry to hear your sad news, Yiayia, take care.

Ali23 Tue 09-Aug-22 18:54:23

Yiayia I’m so sorry to hear about your bil. Sending you a ?

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 09-Aug-22 19:18:05

That’s a lovely birthday photo Soop! Well, the decorators finished. It all looks beautiful. I’ll post some photos when we’ve put everything back - books, ornaments etc. I went to our local picture framer and arranged a frame for my Summer Exhibition print. Then, son, partner and my granddaughter, who arrived in Barbados on Sunday, did a quick zoom!

Jaxjacky Tue 09-Aug-22 20:16:30

How very sad Yia he’d fought so well, my condolences to you.
A pretty ho hum day today, at 29 all ‘work’ is done in the morning, so a slo cooker with pasta sauce in has been simmering away for a few hours, enough for tonight and some to freeze.
Our daytime bowls for the next few days has been cancelled, it’s so exposed and a lot of players are elderly.
Watering cans have been deployed.
Enjoy your evening x

Urmstongran Tue 09-Aug-22 20:24:59

‘Evening All’

A nice quiet evening here in Malaga for me so I’ve had the opportunity to catch up. Himself has gone to watch the Rangers game in a bar with his Glasgow pals (one of whom is resident out here). I enjoyed the afternoon with my Ladies Who Wine. The little family are all down on the marina.

Belated happy birthday greetings to you soop! I love the photo. You look wellindeed, plus relaxed and happy. I know that behind you is the expanse of water that gives you your beautiful sunset photos.

Seeing you there at the side of your house, reminded me of a couple of years back when you shared with us all the photos that were taken when you and mr.soops built that house. I loved seeing them!

LauraNorderr Tue 09-Aug-22 20:46:13

Hello lovely kitcheners. First and foremost may I offer my condolences Yiayia, so very sad to lose someone we’ve grown up with and known all of our lives.
Secondly a very happy but belated birthday to Soop and Ali and a warm welcome to baby Fergus, what a lovely strong name.
I have just had an amazing couple of weeks. A visit from our eldest son, his daughter and her friend meant that the girls went off to the beach each day and our two local sons joined their big brother in our garden. As much as I love my daughters in law it was very special to have three of our four sons to ourselves for the first time since eldest grandson was born eighteen years ago. So very special.
No sooner had I washed the bedding and put the house in order we received a call from some friends who were travelling around the U.K. from France with two other couples and begging a bed in Anglesey for a couple of nights. Of course we said yes but I felt overwhelmed at the thought of six guests, four of whom I’d never met.
Now we have six wonderful friends, gosh they were fabulous, warm and generous, I didn’t have to cook at all, enjoyed some fabulous concoctions, listened to interesting tales and we laughed until our jaws ached. They ended up staying a week, finally left yesterday leaving me on such a high I wanted to share with you the value of friendship, old and new, in person or on social media, it enriches the soul, long may friendship continue.

LauraNorderr Tue 09-Aug-22 20:48:17

Sorry Yiayia, brother in law, just as important but I’m afraid I got it wrong. Not a good start to my re-entry to Soop’s lovely kitchen. Hope I’m forgiven.

SueDonim Tue 09-Aug-22 21:05:56

I’m so sorry about your BIL, Yiayia. Such sad news. flowers

Lovely photo, Soop and your garden is wonderful!

I’m beetling along trying to sort things ready for moving. It’s v difficult because it’s a new build house and Royal Mail hasn’t registered the post code so all those online firms you have to fill in won’t accept it. Then I have to resort to phoning - having to listen to 20 minutes of Christmas music while waiting for an insurance company was the bitter end and I went down with a migraine. Am perking up a bit now, thank goodness.

We had lunch with some very dear friends today - I momentarily wavered about whether we’re doing the right thing in moving.

It’s warm here and I’m off to visit my mother who is still in hospital tomorrow. That’ll be a 250 mile round trip by the time we’re home again.

TOYA. Xx

cornergran Tue 09-Aug-22 22:23:54

My condolences yiayia, I’m so sorry, a sad time for you all

Decent day here, a couple of beach hours and the issue with our on strike dash cam embarrassingly easily fixed by a man who knew how.

Sadly there is much worry about our friend who is struggling to recover. I’m a bit twitchy about Mr C’s cardiology appointment on Thursday when we will better understand if his mitral valve will hang on a bit longer or needs a speedy repair.

There are positive things on the horizon and spirits are usually high so life on the whole isn’t bad at all.

Sleep well everyone. TOYA.

brook2704 Tue 09-Aug-22 22:48:58

Thats really lovely laura what a great time you’ve had with family and new found friends
Safe travels tomorrow SueD and hope the post office get it sorted soon - no end of hassle
corner hoping your friend shows some improvement soon, and Thursdays appt goes well
Im back home in Inverness now, DH and DGD met me at the station with big smiles ?

muse Tue 09-Aug-22 23:26:59

Good evening Kitcheners.

Good to see you in the kitchen LauraNorderr. What lovely news you bring about your family and all those new friends. A full and busy time, I should think, but so rewarding emotionally.

Sorry about your loss Yia. It sounds like you have lots of wonderful memories of him and that sense of humour. It's a very precious thing to have and would have helped him.

Red certainly is your colour soop. I remember those tartan boots!

I hope you get a positive answer on Thursday with Mr C’s cardiology appointment corner.

We made a decision to dramatically cut back on our water use today. The umpteen bottles of water I bought on Sunday will need replenishing soon. Our water supply (spring fed stream) is struggling along and we're unable to pump anymore out of it. So much of my new lifestyle with MrMuse in our isolated surroundings is rewarding and pleasurable but I do wish it would rain soon - please. Missing my morning showers and the washing is piling up.

annsixty Wed 10-Aug-22 09:08:33

Good morning all.
A very early start for me as my new conservatory table arrived .
The delivery slot was 7-9am.
It arrived about 8 and I am beyond pleased with it.
The delivery men were really good and put it together for me, which to be honest I hadn’t considered it needing to be!!

Grandmadinosaur Wed 10-Aug-22 09:16:59

Good morning everyone.

I love that table annsixty you were very lucky with those delivery men. Just before Christmas last year when we took delivery of a new dining table and chairs they arrived in several large boxes. They wanted to leave them all in the hallway despite them taking up a lot of space. When I asked if they could put some in the living room they said they weren’t supposed to come in the house. Not sure how that works ? however one of them did put a couple of them out of the way for me.

annsixty Wed 10-Aug-22 09:24:24

I now think I should order two more chairs.
We only had two before and used chairs out of the dining room if we needed more but these chairs are very neat looking.

MawtheMerrier Wed 10-Aug-22 09:32:05

Very, very chic Annsixty ! I have serious table and chair-envy! ??

MawtheMerrier Wed 10-Aug-22 09:34:57

Condolences Yiayia - what an inadequate word that is though. To be remembered with such love and admiration is indeed wonderful. flowers

aggie Wed 10-Aug-22 09:36:05

I love the table and chairs , the chairs look comfortable?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 10-Aug-22 09:37:18

Just popped in to wish dear soop a belated birthday ??

We are away for a few days with DD and GSs, fun on the beach, I have been jn the pool with the boys, the weather is glorious. It’s a good year to holiday in UK particularly the south.

Will catch up when home ?‍♀️

GrannyGravy13 Wed 10-Aug-22 09:38:05

annsixty I love your new furniture, it’s stunning.

GrannySomerset Wed 10-Aug-22 09:54:40

How exciting, Ann, and what a great choice. Like Maw, I have serious table and chair envy!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion