Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 16th August 2022

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 16-Aug-22 05:50:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey cloud start here in brackley this morning ,and still as yet no rain locally , with hardly any breeze .
It makes me wonder whether the heatwave will ever go .
Anyway plan to bus to Bicester early this morning for a change of Scenery .
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBalou Tue 16-Aug-22 07:40:54

Good morning everyone from murky Wiltshire, still no rain other than a few spots ?
Lovely DDog walk this morning, it’s so nice to not end up hot and sweaty!
Yesterday’s quiet day ended with a trip to Specsavers to sort out a malfunctioning hearing aid (easily sorted!), buying a new phone as my old one was barely functioning at all and a pair of sensible dog walking shoes - my current ones are very comfortable but not supportive enough.
So in all an expensive excursion!
Today I am sorting out the craft room now DH has finished painting it and having coffee with friends.
Take care everyone x

Pittcity Tue 16-Aug-22 07:41:54

Happy birthday, Grammaretto* winecupcakethanks

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:42:09

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate- it is cooler and rain due this pm! We did have thunder and lightning last night but only a damp squib for rain!
Happy birthday ? Grammaretto
Hope you manage your trip to Brid Shazza and your uncle does not need to get a glass eye!!
Enjoy your trip to Llandudno Grandmadinasaur.
I am hoping to go into town this morning. Then this afternoon I’ve a pile of ironing to do.
Yesterday we chose a new Venetian blind for the kitchen. It’s plain off white.
Have the best day possible folks

Marydoll Tue 16-Aug-22 07:43:29

Good morning all, from a damp Glasgow. We had torrential rain yesterday and more rain is forecast.

Happy birthday, my pal Grammaretto and to one of my South side pals Topsy Irene, lovely to see you posting.
Nice to see you too, crazyh!

I'm off to the doctor's to pick up a six week course of antifungal treatment for my oesophagus.
After much nagging from DIL, I phoned the surgery yesterday afternoon, to be told the systems were down and I would need to phone today.
I explained, that as the receptionist could obviously hear from my lack of voice, that might be problematic. I'm find the whole carry on frustrating and exhausting! DH is loving the silence. ?
Half an hour later, my favourite GP phoned me, saying he could tell from my voice, that the infection was back with a vengeance.
Unfortunately, it means that after being back on my only remaining RA medication for three days, it has been stopped again. This is not a good situation to be in!!
He did, however, give me more anti nausea tablets, saying he knew I would be sensible about it. You really shouldn't be on them for any length of time and I've been taking them for ages.
I get the impression that everyone is being less strict and showing great kindness towards me.

He told me the biopsy results were back, but they weren't officially on the system and once the report was written, the consultant would contact me.
That worried me, why didn't he just tell me not to worry, if they were ok.

Susan, I have my fingers crossed for you today. I can understand your phobia, mine goes back to when I was five years old, I can still remember how traumatic it was!
grandmadinosaur, Llandudno is on our bucket list, along with a return trip to Portmeirion. ?. Have a lovely time!

Good news GM, you must be so relieved.

Wishing you all a pleasant day, Kitty, sad news about your neighbour and the poorly DDs are never far from my thoughts. ?
So many on here have heavy crosses to bear.

Chrissielou Tue 16-Aug-22 07:46:27

A very overcast start in Oxfordshire, after another hot night, no sign of the promised rain yet.
We made an unscheduled trip to hospital which resulted in an overnight stay for a very poorly DD1 last night, high temperature is always a concern. Next week is her final chemo session, but we are not quite there yet and I await news this morning.

monk08 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:50:53

Good morning all from a very muggy Black country and still no rain.
Happy birthday *Grammaretto enjoy your day with family ??.
Pleased your appointment went well grandMattie
?welcome crazyH do drop in again.
Not much planned for today as it's gone a bit cooler may do some housework but I do have a book to finish, will see which has the greatest pull.
Enjoy your Tuesday and safe travels for those on the move. ?

dragonfly46 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:51:51

I hope you have good news about your DD today Chrissie. The end is in sight at last.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 16-Aug-22 07:52:36

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. To all those with dental, surgery and hospital appointments, commiserations! A fairly quiet day today. OH and I still have to choose curtains for the hall and landing. I have the six samples arranged on the dining table. We have to bite that bullet! I am feeding a friend’s fish (4 ponds and a fish tank!) and watering their garden so will be doing that today. I wonder what the weather is like. I am still in bed and it certainly feels cooler.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:54:35

Morning Mick and all

I am on Grandma duty with The Imp today, not sure if we will get to the park as the sky is overcast and rain is forecast (it was also forecast for yesterday, despite thunder rumbling for the best part of an hour in the afternoon we only had about a dozen drops of rain)

Will catch uo with all your news when The Imp has his morning nap.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Urmstongran Tue 16-Aug-22 08:04:18

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from Malaga. Sun’s up! Hot again. (natch) ?

We are all doing something different today after a lovely dinner on the marina last night. The FoF (family of 4) are off to Aqualand “Big family-focused water park with lots of slides, rapids & a surf beach area with wave machine.”

I would rather stick pins in my eyes but hey, it’s Tuesday = my LWW afternoon! First I’m going down to the hair salon, I’ve booked a cut. Thinking layers but still long enough to still tuck behind my ears and shaped short at the back. As my dad used to say “the only difference between a good cut and a bad one is about six weeks”. I shall be bold!

And Himself can have a peaceful day. Resting up under a palm tree then going out this evening with his Glasgow mates to watch the Rangers game.

Such early birds on here this morning. 32 posts by 8am! I’m off o read all your news now. Enjoy Tuesday all who can. x

PollyDolly Tue 16-Aug-22 08:12:05

Good morning from the East Midlands. It is a little overcast in our area this morning and cooler than of late. We half expected rain overnight but unfortunately it is still very dry.
OH will be grocery shopping today and if it remains cooler we might tackle the ironing between us.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Aug-22 08:20:46

Many happy returns of the day Grammaretto! Lovely you get to spend it with your Kiwi family. Hi to you crazyH! ? you don’t have to be an early bird to join us. Nice to see you on here. Marydoll I can sense your anxiety. I hope your biopsy result reassures you when through. Glad to hear your dermatology appointment went well grandMattie such a relief I bet.

aggie Tue 16-Aug-22 08:33:40

Good morning everyone from a dull cold Co Armagh, it’s 15 outside
I hobbled round to the greenhouse in my pjs so that’s how I know the temperature! All my tomatoes are still green , I was too late putting them in , better luck next year
I’m on a coach tour to Wexford the beginning of September. I got the details , it’s very far and only one stop scheduled ! We are all pension age ! I hope my bladder Cooperates !

Grandmabatty Tue 16-Aug-22 08:36:09

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 16° and very wet. It hasn't really stopped raining since Sunday evening. It looks like a wet day ahead. Grandmattie good news for a change for you. Susan good luck at the dentist. Grammaretto happy birthday to you. Have a lovely day. Marydoll life can be scunnersome. ?
Yesterday I pottered about the house. I tried to have a nap in the afternoon, but friends kept sending me messages! I'm not complaining as I'm lucky to have good friends. My wine was eventually delivered just before dinner. I resisted opening a bottle as it was too early in the week.
Today will be another quiet day. I would like to see dgs1 before he goes back to nursery tomorrow so I might pop up later. Have a good day all.

Nannagarra Tue 16-Aug-22 08:40:28

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is overcast and thankfully cooler.
Despite DH’s ?‍♂️, on the cards today is a visit to a wallpaper shop in search of a large colourful pattern for one wall in the ‘powder room’. The aim, whilst moving away from clinical/industrial, is to be tentatively bold. Not for us the look of a rest room in a highly prestigious establishment we frequented pre-covid. Cayenne red gloss had been used on the walls and ceiling - different, definitely a step too far for the garras. It was like being inside a giant tomato.
? ? ?
I’m not up to speed with everyone’s doings but wish you all well.

brook2704 Tue 16-Aug-22 08:43:06

We’re fine thanks for asking Gingster it has rained such a lot though, some roads were flooded and the roof came in at one of the local Tescos and at the Vue cinema, probably more places too. DD2 had a lightning strike very close to their house but thankfully no damage done. The rain hasn’t really stopped much since Sunday so we’re very soggy here ☔️☔️☔️

Gymstagran Tue 16-Aug-22 08:44:01

Good morning from a cooler West Midlands. Just a sprinkle of rain yesterday, hopefully more today. I'm having a relaxing early morning after four days of looking after grandchildren and the dog and chickens. Also supervising painters and builders while the heat was excessive. They worked from 7am to 7pm, all windows and doors open so no escape from the heat. I am in awe of my daughter in law who takes it all in her stride. Leisurely lunch with a friend later.

BlueSapphire Tue 16-Aug-22 08:48:24

Good morning everyone from a very grey Northampton, rain forecast but I'll believe it when I see it. It was a lot cooler yesterday, and the only rain was a light drizzle for about 5 minutes.

The cats were sent off safely to the cattery with no drama about getting them in their carriers thank goodness. Such a pity that I can't tell them where they're going and why, and that it's only for a couple of weeks.

Today is packing day, so must get showered and dressed, then make a start. I have done a Covid test this morning which is negative (and so it should be after 11 days of isolation!).

Happy birthday ? Grammaretto, enjoy your day.

Kalu Tue 16-Aug-22 08:48:24

Good morning all from a grey drizzly Glasgow. The garden has been well soaked which saves me watering every evening…..every cloud!

Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day Grammaretto. ??Lovely to have your Kiwi family visiting and on your birthday too. So nice to see you here this morning TopsyIrene, I hope you are well and we can catch up again in the not too distant future.

Looking forward to a visit from DD1 and the girls later today before they go back to school which must be soon but I can’t remember which date. 6th yr braided blazer for GD1’s final year, how quickly the years have passed.

Have a pleasant day all.

brook2704 Tue 16-Aug-22 08:48:50

Hoping your DD is a bit better today chrissilou and her temperature is down again soon ?

baubles Tue 16-Aug-22 08:50:42

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s tipping down, normal service has resumed.

Happy birthday to you Grammaretto, have fun with your family.

I hope your DD is feeling a bit better today Chrissielou.

You’re often in my thoughts Marydoll, I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the results.

Pleased all is well with your ‘mole’ gM. I didn’t have any so when one appeared on my torso a few years ago and was getting bigger I took it off to the GP. I was rather bemused when she told me not to worry, it was just a senile wart and I had a couple more on my back.

Not a lot happening other than having my nails done later, I’ll dither over the colour and end up with some shade of pink no doubt.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Sar53 Tue 16-Aug-22 08:54:09

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It is cloudy but the sun keeps trying to come out.
We had a small shower yesterday afternoon, about 10 minutes of heavy rain but within an hour the ground was dry again.
A very Happy Birthday to Grammaretto, enjoy the day with your family.
I have a neighbour coming in for coffee later this morning then I am going to check up on the boat and do a bit of cleaning on it ready for our next adventure, hopefully the end of next week.
DH is having a lovely time motoring up the Thames, they spent last night in a place called Goring, moored up on the towpath.
Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone and lets hope we get a bit more rain in the south of England xxx

Nannagarra Tue 16-Aug-22 09:00:53

Grammaretto ? ??

Beechnut Tue 16-Aug-22 09:02:33

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Grammaretto ???

Anniebach Tue 16-Aug-22 09:03:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x