Gransnet forums

Chat

Beards... disgusting

(185 Posts)
Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 18:57:56

Just watching the news on TV and a hideous beard appeared. What is it about this latest trend?

I seriously can'too stand looking at them and I ALWAYS end up sitting on the opposite table in a restaurant to one, ughh i see soup dripped upon this ugly mound of hair, I see spaghetti caught up on the bristles as its been sucked up, ohhh my life there is absolutely ziltch attractive about them.

Get this, last christmas I even saw a chap decorating his beard with miniature baubles.... no need for words as my expression said it all hahaha.

Yes, each to their own, Im all for each to their own BUT beards are excluded hahahahaha.

dlizi4 Sat 20-Aug-22 22:48:50

Serendipity22

Ailidh

Oo, I don't mind a beard. They certainly tickle your fancy.....

(Pauses to check "fancy" hasn't autocorrected to something else)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

cant stop laughing at this ! ty

dlizi4 Sat 20-Aug-22 22:56:47

My mother distrusted men with facial hair - said they were hiding (something) . Maybe true but my son rocks a beard - his father did not (rock the look- looked like a loo brush mostly )lol

dlizi4 Sat 20-Aug-22 23:00:46

Grandma70s

Horrible. I always think men with beards are trying to hide some ugly feature, or have an insecure personality.

This was my mothers mentality, but I find it to be not so, however, I do realise they can harbour untold bacteria if not groomed properly , that is what puts me off . She always said, never trust a man with a beard, they are hiding something ghastly ! I find the opposite

M0nica Sun 21-Aug-22 08:00:09

In DS's case, what he is hiding is the very nasty red rash he would have on his face if he shaved regularly.

Magrithea Sun 21-Aug-22 09:45:46

Each to his own indeed - my DH and both my boys have beards and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ladyinspain Sun 21-Aug-22 11:21:39

Not so much hate beards---but Im not a fan of a totally bald man, but a big bushy beard (to compensate?!!) Like a bit of designer stubble as we called it back then

Purplepoppies Tue 23-Aug-22 06:29:48

GROSS ALERT
An ex in a far flung corner of my life ..... when he was skint would go into a local cafe and order a runny fried egg (when the place was quite busy)
He would deliberately allow the yolk to run into his long beard, which he would then suck ?
If anyone noticed and were put off their food, he'd wait til they were leaving and take their plate of food before the owner had cleared up! Ingenious really but utterly disgusting.
He stopped doing it after we met, I never saw him doing it. He never dripped food in it under normal circumstances.
There was often beer in his moustache though.
Not behaviour a grown up me would find attractive now.
I do (did? because its been a while) go for the bad boy/biker type so dated a few beards and men who owned them ?

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 23-Aug-22 08:14:25

I’m so glad I wasn’t eating my breakfast when I read that. ?

watermeadow Tue 23-Aug-22 20:05:03

Men used to grow beards to mark themselves out as individuals. Maybe they still do. Trouble is I can’t tell one man with a beard from all the others. I like a beard but they all look alike to me.