Gransnet forums

Chat

Phoenix's Curse

(241 Posts)
kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 11:47:58

Written in 'honour' of our ex sil - commonly know as the ar****le.

Callistemon21 Sun 21-Aug-22 10:25:54

eazybee

Her departure has nothing to do with Phoenix and this thread is not the place to air grievances.

Yes, phoenix was a lovely person and I think she would be appalled by some of the posts on here, especially those attacking posters whom she considered to be dear friends.

Why do some posters persist?

Is it not time to realise that this is all very unseemly and just stop, please?

NanKate Sun 21-Aug-22 10:27:22

If I find a thread not to my liking I just avoid it.

Many of us who know Kitty and the late much loved Phoenix will understand the humour and the backstory.

Long live free speech.

Baggytrazzas Sun 21-Aug-22 10:32:39

Fanny you suggested that I needed to read between the lines and engage my brain to decipher what the original post was about.

You won't need to waste your time speaking with me again.

FannyCornforth Sun 21-Aug-22 10:40:10

One last comment to you Baggy.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
I should have written ‘one’ instead of ‘you’.
I was not addressing all of my observations at you personally, rather than to all of the posters on this thread who have chosen to be unpleasant and lacking in decorum.

eazybee Sun 21-Aug-22 11:40:51

Then you must include yourself, Fanny.
Many do not know the backstory' and an immediate courteous explanation of this 'poem' would have prevented the unpleasantness.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 21-Aug-22 11:43:29

I don’t think it would, sadly. At least one poster took great exception to the poem and continued in the same vein despite explanations. As has been said so many times, if you don’t like what you read scroll on.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 21-Aug-22 11:55:45

Germanshepherdsmum

I don’t think it would, sadly. At least one poster took great exception to the poem and continued in the same vein despite explanations. As has been said so many times, if you don’t like what you read scroll on.

I am really struggling to understand why posters engage with and post on threads they do not understand and also find disgraceful/ tasteless ?

Like GSM has posted why not just scroll past?

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 21-Aug-22 12:59:56

Some people like to poke their nose in everywhere, GG. Some also like to dictate what should and should not be allowed on GN, regardless of whether others enjoy it. As I said upthread, rather like the Taliban.

Jaxjacky Sun 21-Aug-22 13:10:18

I suppose GG13 because as NanKate says we have free speech, as in real life and I agree with her, long live it.

Hithere Sun 21-Aug-22 13:58:50

Free speech applies to everyone

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Aug-22 14:00:51

Oh, Phoenix how you are missed and needed.

Charleygirl5 Sun 21-Aug-22 14:12:00

I so agree, I miss hearing about Oliver Sprout and the other cat living at their abode. Rachel had a way with words and I think she could have made some money in different circumstances as she was funny and articulate. RIP dear friend.

Angela73 Sun 21-Aug-22 14:47:34

Germanshepherdsmum

Some people like to poke their nose in everywhere, GG. Some also like to dictate what should and should not be allowed on GN, regardless of whether others enjoy it. As I said upthread, rather like the Taliban.

As the Gran of a son and a GS in the armed forces, I would say this situation has zero in common with the Taliban shock

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 21-Aug-22 15:27:31

You know what I mean Angela - people who stamp on any fun. I too know about the reality of the Taliban through family experiences, and I don’t use the word lightly.

tickingbird Sun 21-Aug-22 19:46:39

Deedaa

tickingbird I was surprised by the suggestion that GN was not the place for nasty texts. We are surely all of fairly mature years and not likely to have a fit of the vapours at a few "nasty" words. I believe The Peoples'Friend is still being published for those of a delicate constitution.

Indeed grin