Gransnet forums

Chat

COVID booster

(126 Posts)
busybeejay Mon 19-Sep-22 20:13:23

I had my COVID booster jab last Friday and it has totally wiped me out.I just want to sleep.
Anyone else had this reaction?

growstuff Fri 30-Dec-22 00:32:40

Marydoll

In Scotland, our certificates are available online. I have never been given a paper copy after vaccination, just a leaflet stating the type and side effects and am about to have my sixth jag.

I had a look just now and my status shows how many I have had and which vaccine.
Is this not available in England?

Yes, it is.

growstuff Fri 30-Dec-22 00:31:25

Normandygirl

The point is that no one can state that these vaccines are safe or not safe, we quite simply do not know and will not know for at least the next 10 years. The adverse reactions systems in every country are deeply flawed and at best with estimates of less than 10% of effects recorded. The massive numbers of excess deaths in every heavily vaccinated country is worrying. Is it down to the vaccine or is it down to the fact that heavily vaccinated countries also had the strictest lockdowns, who knows? The simple truth is that it comes down to faith. Faith in your governments, faith in the media and faith in the pharmaceutical companies. That is why it is such a personal decision, do your own research and base your decision on your own benefit analysis and needs. We just need to stop insulting, humiliating and browbeating others to make the same decision as we have, whether that is to vaccinate or not.

I'm still waiting for accurate figures about the "massive" numbers of excess deaths.

growstuff Fri 30-Dec-22 00:28:48

Normandygirl

I suppose all the treatment now being given to the vaccine damaged don't impact on the service at all?
As of Aug 2022 there were 1, 259,000 cases of concern regarding the Pfizr /Biontech and Astra zenica vaccines.
As of Aug 2022 regarding the Spikevax there were 247, 645 cases of concern reported. This is a large number given the relatively low number of doses given.
Many of these are heart, blood clot and stroke related, requiring hospital treatment, many for the rest of their lives.
I have no problem at all with anyone who trusts and wants these vaccines, but can we please stop with all the attempted shaming of people who feel naturally cautious about putting a still unlicenced product into their own bodies.
Everyone should do what is right for them according to their own circumstances and previous experiences and not be heckled into conforming to your experience.

What was the nature of the concern? Were those cases worldwide?

ExDancer Fri 23-Sep-22 13:43:26

I've had COVID and believe me, I don't want it again.

ExDancer Fri 23-Sep-22 13:41:44

Lathyrus

Hopefully there’ll be enough who take the vaccine to protect those who don’t.

I don’t think my family in the NHS could take another year like the last two.

Well said.

Shinamae Fri 23-Sep-22 13:27:57

Marydoll

In Scotland, our certificates are available online. I have never been given a paper copy after vaccination, just a leaflet stating the type and side effects and am about to have my sixth jag.

I had a look just now and my status shows how many I have had and which vaccine.

Yes it is on the NHS app because I’ve got it..

Greenfinch Fri 23-Sep-22 12:46:35

Well I eventually found out that a second dose is not necessary. The pamphlet is very unclear but the reference is to the first and second jab which must be 28 days apart but does not apply to the booster. When I asked why then had I been given a card with spaces for the dates of first and second jabs, the somewhat unhelpful pharmacist said “Oh they are old cards just given to remind you what date you had the jab on “ “But mine has no date on “ I said . By then I had lost the will to live so to speak. Total lack of clarity all round as far as I am concerned.

Athrawes Fri 23-Sep-22 12:28:28

I had a Moderna booster last Sunday [I was surprised there was a local walk in centre on that day so I took it]. My arm was stiff for the rest of the day but began to ease thereafter though it's still a bit stiff. I'm now all set for the flu jab next week!!!! Same arm or t'other arm? Decisions, decisions but I'm going to have it. It's not worth the risk not to these days

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 11:28:01

Thanks for your reply Wedi, and I'm sorry you've had a bad time. I have got the flu jab booked for next Tuesday and I'm wondering whether to postpone it.

I feel very tired today and I'm going back to bed shortly (11.30 am) but I also have M.E. and Thyroid and Pancreas conditions amongst other things, so I'm not sure what's causing what.

I hope you soon recover.

Wedi Fri 23-Sep-22 10:30:36

Sparklefizz

Has anyone had a delayed reaction to the Moderna vax? I had mine 2 days 5 hrs ago and was congratulating myself that it was the easiest jab I'd ever had - even my arm hardly hurt - but suddenly this afternoon I don't feel very well. I've got a headache and feel wobbly and as if I am "going down with something".

I'm not mixing and the only time I've left the house in the past week was to go for this vax on Tuesday. Is it a delayed reaction or have I caught something despite being masked and sanitised, and mostly distanced from everyone except the doctor who did the vaccination.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who had had such a delayed reaction.

Hi Sparklefizz ,

I had my Moderna Spikevax last Friday afternoon ( 16 September ) . I felt fine until Saturday, then felt quite unwell and "fluey" . This continued until Sunday lunchtime, when I recovered .

However, since then I have had days when I've felt fine and days when I've felt "washed out" . Today , one week later , I don't feel that I've fully recovered.

I'm 80 and have RA which involves taking multiple medicines. This was my 6 vax and I've felt unwell , to a greater or lesser extent , after each jab .
Last year , for the first time , I felt ill after the 'flu jab as well .

Wedi Fri 23-Sep-22 10:02:16

For the first 3 vax we were given little cards with details . For the last 3 no cards .

However , wherever you have your jabs they are recorded on your patient details at your surgery .

You can see them if you have access to this .

They are also recorded on your NHS app if you have downloaded one .

So all records of your covid vaccinations ( 6 for me ) are available if you need them .

Witzend Fri 23-Sep-22 10:01:55

MayBee70

Just crossed my mind that, having had our covid jab at Boots we haven’t been given anything as proof that we’ve had it unlike the little certificate we were given before.

I wasn’t given anything, either. Forgot to ask which vaccine. I dare say it’ll soon be on my NHS record app though - I’ve had to print off vaccination details for foreign travel before.

Marydoll Fri 23-Sep-22 07:44:29

What impressed me was that the App has been refined. All my vaccinations are on it, with detailed information about each vaccine administered.
Initially, it only showed the last two and I began to doubt how many I had been given!

rosie1959 Fri 23-Sep-22 07:41:51

I suspect they have stopped handing out the cards they were not of any use apart from telling the holder when they had the vacinne. Hopefully it will now be a once a year booster like the flu jab and I have never been given anything for that. Any requirement for travel you need your app or a printed out version from the NHS
Haven't been called yet I wait in anticipation my daughter has just been called and she was just before me last time so expect it will be soon.

Marydoll Fri 23-Sep-22 07:37:36

Greenfinch Fri 23-Sep-22 07:18:20

I did have a little certificate which included a space for a second dose. I am going into town to sort it out with the pharmacy this morning. I am not going to be palmed off on the phone.

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 07:09:28

MayBee70

Just crossed my mind that, having had our covid jab at Boots we haven’t been given anything as proof that we’ve had it unlike the little certificate we were given before.

I had my Covid booster via the NHS and wasn't given any proof either so I have written out my own little certificate and attached it to my others... for my own benefit if nothing else so that I have a note of what I was given and when.

annodomini Thu 22-Sep-22 22:03:59

I had my (Moderna) booster yesterday. Flu jab last week with no reactions at all. Today my arm has been painful and uncomfortable to move. However, there have been no other reactions so can't complain. I never had a reaction from the Pfizer jabs I had previously. On the whole, I've been very lucky.

MayBee70 Thu 22-Sep-22 21:52:48

Greenfinch Thu 22-Sep-22 21:19:33

I had mine on Tuesday at 9am and was fine until midday the following day(Wednesday). I then felt queasy and very tired.It lasted for the rest of the day and today I still feel a little lightheaded but otherwise OK. So yes it was a delayed reaction.

Lovetopaint037 Thu 22-Sep-22 18:51:57

busybeejay

I had my COVID booster jab last Friday and it has totally wiped me out.I just want to sleep.
Anyone else had this reaction?

Had ours yesterday and today we went to London to take advantage of the free viewing of Westminster Abbey. We have been sooo tired all day. Dh said he thought it might be the vaccine.

MiniMoon Thu 22-Sep-22 18:38:01

I had my covid booster and flu jab on Tuesday. Yesterday I was a bit achy and had a slight headache and sore arm. (Had both jabs in same arm.)
Today I'm my normal self and my arm is less sore. All good.

Witzend Thu 22-Sep-22 18:31:03

Had mine earlier today. No reaction so far so fingers Xed. I was offered a flu jab at the same time but said no thanks, I have guests coming in a few days and need to be fit for blitzing the house! Could have been fine but I wasn’t going to risk 2 at once.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Sep-22 18:25:50

Thank you. I'm juggling 9 conditions including long term M.E. and Asthma, so I've been very careful re Covid.

MayBee70 Thu 22-Sep-22 18:20:24

My daughter said she was quite poorly within a few hours. Hope you feel better soon x