Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 23rd September 2022

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 23-Sep-22 05:36:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley .
Yesterday , I should have gone to JR in Oxford to see consultants appointment letters issued threw confusion , with telecon anyway what as come out of it I have to go to the community hospital next month in Bicester for Iron Infusion.
Today apart from watch some cycling on TV from Oz before I go out today to Bicester on the bus.
Take Care,
Mick

Kim19 Fri 23-Sep-22 05:45:25

Hello Michael! That confusion is such a pity. Hope it eventually goes welll for you at the community hospital. Have a good day and enjoy your tv cycling and Bicester. Cheers!

Ashcombe Fri 23-Sep-22 06:32:42

Good morning from a fine start to the day in Tewkesbury .

We have stayed overnight in a beautiful old hotel to break our journey to Crewe. tudorhousehotel.co.uk/

Normally, we travel by train but a strike had been planned for Monday, 26th when we would have travelled home. However, subsequently this was called off out of respect for the Queen. By then, I had booked the hotel.

On Wednesday evening and yesterday morning I was rather unwell from my fourth Covid vaccination - headache, nausea and restlessness so I didn’t post on Thursday's GM thread. Miraculously, after 18 hours, this suddenly lifted in time for me to drive.

A very special weekend awaits as my DGD, aged nine, is dancing in Swan Lake with the English Youth Ballet. We are both thrilled to be going to see the third performance on Saturday evening.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! 🦩🩰🦢🩰🦩

BlueBalou Fri 23-Sep-22 06:44:02

Good morning everyone, it a ‘Tackle the garden’ day here today!
I have two lovely people coming to help me so hopefully I can get on top of it and it’ll be neat and tidy for once.
DDog needs her walk first so I will take her out shortly.
I hope you all have a lovely day- Tewkesbury looks interesting Ashcombe, I don’t think I have ever been there so I might plan a visit!

cornergran Fri 23-Sep-22 06:56:44

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset

Yesterday went to plan, no more medical stuff for a week thank goodness. Haircut for me this morning, a couple off parcels to collect from :M&S and a top up shop. After a difficult night think I may nap later.

Hope the appointments will go to plan now mick. Was pleased to read you are content about the retirement development grandmattie, hope a two bedroom property appears soon. Safe onward travels ash, a wonderful weekend ahead. Good luck with the garden bluebalou.

Hope Friday is kind to us all.

Marydoll Fri 23-Sep-22 07:06:46

Good morning all from a very dark and damp Glasgow, where it's only 6°C.

I'm sorry to hear you missed your appointment Mick. It's easy to get confused, when you have a number of appointment letters.
I have an electronic calendar on my devices, to keep myself and my designated driver, DH on track, especially as I attende a number of different hospitals and can have more than one appointment in the same week.
Sometimes, it's a bit overwhelming, so as soon as the letters come in, they go on the calendar.

I had a pleasant day out yesterday, managing to dispose of the charity shop bags. Unfortunately, SIL appeared in the afternoon with even more charity shop stuff. 😡
I also forgot to pick up a bag, so yet another trip to TKMAXX is required.
They are gradually getting their new home in order, by disposing of their unwanted junk in our garage, which DH had spent ages decluttering yesterday!! 🤣

For those of you, who love TKMAXX, it was a delight! Lots of beautiful household items. However, I did resist, apart from buying a Nativity snow globe and a pair of red , leather trainers. #Dorothy and the Wizard.
We have a number of beautiful globes, picked up in Rome, but the water has become cloudy, because they are so old.
DH's face was a picture, when he heard Silent Night playing, but couldn't work out where it was coming from. 🤣

Today, DIL, has invited me for juice, with she and Dollie , at Silverburn. We haven't done this, since before the pandemic, so I am really looking forward to it.
We are meeting quite early, due to the schools being off again and I'm still very wary of crowds.
I have noticed that many people here have started wearing masks again, so others must feel the same.

For all, who are poorly, have a gentle day. I never listen to my own advice.
Good luck with any appointments.
Wishing you all the best of days, I will come back later and read all your news.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Sep-22 07:08:25

Morning all

Overcast here in S S Essex, we have rain this morning and maybe thunderstorms this afternoon.

I am off to the gym this morning and afterwards a catch up with my gym buddies news. No cooking for me tonight as we will go down the road to our favourite Indian it has had the same chef/owner for over 32 years and we have been regulars for just over that time.

Have a great day 🦩🙋‍♀️

ShazzaKanazza Fri 23-Sep-22 07:19:38

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull.

Ashcombe enjoy your weekend and have a wonderful time tomorrow night. A very proud grandma I’m sure.

Marydoll I do enjoy hearing about your TK Maxx purchases.

This morning I have a zoom yoga class it will be my last one for a couple of weeks.
I think I have a free afternoon so will get the suitcases out and start going through my clothes and trying on and seeing what fits for our holiday next week. I’m trying to avoid a trip to Next to buy anything new.

Have a good day all and special thoughts to those struggling today 🌻🌻

Grandmadinosaur Fri 23-Sep-22 07:20:41

Good morning from East Yorkshire. I think there was rain overnight.

Today I have the last of the holiday ironing to tackle and a couple of catch up phone calls to make. Marydoll I’ve been wanting to have a browse in TK Maxx for ages and you’ve whetted my appetite to go today. Also it’s Strictly tonight yippee!

You will be a very proud gran Ashcomebe good luck to your GD.

Pittcity Fri 23-Sep-22 07:25:23

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. It's rained overnight as the ground is damp and more is in the forecast. It feels warm though and 18° is the high today.
No plans today except for a walk. GP is phoning with Wednesday's blood test results sometime this afternoon. More medication tweaks no doubt for my dodgy thyroid and kidneys. No wonder we oldies are confuddled with all the information that is thrown at us.

I know of a couple of people who have Covid at present for the 2nd or 3rd time Marydoll , we can't drop our guard.

Love to all 🦩 x

Greyduster Fri 23-Sep-22 07:26:09

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a cool, overcast South Yorkshire. I slept well last night for a change, but still woke early. I have to take a wok back to a well known supermarket this morning. It’s a good make and was supposed to be induction compatible - but my Neff hob does not like it; all the rings reject it. Deeply disappointing as I had a chicken stir fry all ready to cook last night but it wouldn’t even heat up the oil! I had to cook it in a frying pan. Hey ho. Third world problems! I think I will bake this afternoon. I need cake!
Ash how exciting for your DGD and for you!👏
Put your feet up today, Corner💐
Have a gentle day, folks.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 23-Sep-22 07:39:41

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. We are off to Norfolk for a week later this morning. I have done most of my packing and given a key to my neighbour so she can feed the cats. I think it might be a damp week, but that’s ok. We haven’t been to Norfolk for years when we hired a boat on the Norfolk Broads. OH got borderline pneumonia, we lost the anchor and the little rowing boat… We have hired a cottage this time!

Grammaretto Fri 23-Sep-22 07:40:13

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
A nice day so far.
My helper made a good start yesterday on jobs left unfinished so I can now open my kitchen drawers without using fingernails and I have somewhere to hang mugs. I know, I am easily thrilled!
Today I'm to be interviewed about the history of the town shows my age
Helper will be wood chopping.
Oh dear Mick such a shame confusing you with all the appointments. We knew you had the JR yesterday but thought it had been changed.
I'm glad you can enjoy the DGD ballet this weekend Ash.
I'm going to an 80th birthday party smile

Gingster Fri 23-Sep-22 07:40:44

Good morning all.
Ash safe journey and what a wonderful visit it will be 🩰.

Dd was literally ‘thrown out’ of hospital at 9 o’clock on Tuesday evening. Desperate for beds, they got and paid her taxi fare, gave her a bag of food . She arrived at our house like a homeless person, still in her nightie and carrying her bags. She even had to remind a nurse to take her cannula out.! . Poor girl!
We made her comfortable and little gd’s face when she woke the next morning, seeing her mum, was a sight for sore eyes. ❤️.

I had a lovely day out yesterday. Coach to Poole, Dorset. My friend and won the quiz as we travelled along. Large box of Thorntons chocs was our prize.
Fish and chips on board a boat across to Swanage. Such lovely weather so we walked along the beach had an ice cream and people watched. Then on to the steam train for a 30 min ride to Corfe, passing the castle ruins and lovely scenery. Back home at 10. A perfect day! 👍

Hoping you all have a pleasant day. Take care x

❤️

brook2704 Fri 23-Sep-22 07:42:11

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s much brighter and dry.
Pleased to hear you’re feeling a bit better Ash and have a wonderful weekend, you must be so rightly proud of your talented DGD
Today I’m off to the gym for a splash around in the pool, a dip in the jacuzzi and then over to Tesco to get a bit of shopping for the weekend
Enjoy your special time with Dollie and your DIL marydoll!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Sep-22 07:44:50

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 8°. I have some condensation on the windows (dodgy double glazing) so it must have been cold in the night.
Ashcombe what a proud grandma you must be! Enjoy the performance. Grandmadinosaur I'm another Strictly fan and I look forward to it but it heralds autumn's descent to winter, doesn't it?
Yesterday's quiet hour with dgs2 turned into two hours with both the boys! Dd arrived with a very woebegone dgs1 as well. He had had a nasty fall at nursery and split his lip. His wee cheek was a mess too. The nursery had phoned her as they couldn't comfort him. He brightened up as soon as he had an ice lolly at grandma's house! Then he ran up and down the hall with his fire engine being 'Fire Rescue Boy' making siren noises while dgs2 crawled at speed behind him. As his mode of communication is screaming, it made for a noisy afternoon. Thank goodness my adjoining neighbours are deaf!
Today I have dgs2 back for the morning as dd is seeing a physiotherapist. She has trouble with her back. I'll potter after she picks dgs2 up. Have a good day all.

Wyllow3 Fri 23-Sep-22 07:52:41

Good you have at least news of one appointment Mick and enjoy Bicester.

Oooo, nice hotel, Ashcombe. And how very, very special your DGD event is.

Marydoll hats off to you for going techie with your calendar - I can see why - mine is just a rather messy paper one with crossings outs. Should use pencil and have a rubber handy. Like the image of DH and snow globe.

TKMaxx fans. I have a local retail park with M n S foodie and collect orders next to a big combined TK and homeware place. It is truly a place of temptation!!

*Pittcity” I have avoided Covid by some miracle (having a quiet life? But it hit family badly as DGD 1 is disabled and had to be intubated. She’s fine now but…

Greyduster as you don’t live far just trebuchet some cake over later. I’m not fussy - 4pm would be just fine…

Bests with your endeavours Earlies in your gardens and meeting friends and family and meals out.

May naps be had for those with tough nights and medical matters or low days. Feet up! Be easy on yourselves.

Wyllow3 Fri 23-Sep-22 07:55:50

Added to say I'm glad DD is back Gingster but I've heard of several other similar "discharges" Thank goodness she had someone to come back to.

harrigran Fri 23-Sep-22 07:58:33

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Yesterday a friend from when I lived in Cumbria rang and we had a long chat, I lived in the top floor flat and she lived on the ground floor. We bought from new but most are rentals now and she is having problems with noise and anti social behaviour. DH used to sort out residents problems so they miss him too.
I am going out to lunch in Durham with a friend, belated birthday meal for her.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 23-Sep-22 07:59:31

Wyllow my cakes are so heavy there is a possibility that structural damage could occur😁, but if you’re willing to take the chance……. 🍰🍰Incoming!!

Ashcombe Fri 23-Sep-22 08:02:04

Thank you for all your lovely comments - it makes sharing happy news with you good folk such a joy!

It’s a gorgeous old hotel, Wyllow3 and we shall explore Tewkesbury a little, BlueBalou, mainly to shop for what we’ve forgotten to pack! DH: slippers, smart shoes and sponge bag left behind and me ? Well, I’ve forgotten to pack any knickers! 😳

Harris27 Fri 23-Sep-22 08:03:09

Go step read your post and could not believe this about your dd. How our nhs has suffered and changed. On a lighter note I have a rare day off planned and we have decided to go to Chatsworth two hour journey but we’ll worth it I hope. Busy week where one son has been I’ll again with recent attack another son having tough time so we need a break from ‘ parenting’ just for a few hours and recharge. Love to all and have the best day you can.

Harris27 Fri 23-Sep-22 08:03:39

Gingster typo error.

monk08 Fri 23-Sep-22 08:09:30

Good morning all from the Black country, rain overnight and still looking miserable out there.
Ashcombe have a lovely weekend you must be very proud.
I to am feeling rough after the booster and didn't sleep well at all, still these things pass shall take it easy today.
Safe travels those on the move, best wishes anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Friday and may you all find some 🌞.

hollysteers Fri 23-Sep-22 08:10:49

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Off to art then rehearsal with little band in my taped up windows car…
Was taken aback by my old friend’s appearance when I went round for coffee yesterday. She has lost weight and just was not herself. I took some apples from my garden and a book I have enjoyed. Took some jumble of hers as I was dropping off some of my own (in the pouring rain). Must keep in touch with her.
Have a good time Ashcombe and thoughts to anyone with worries.