Gransnet forums

Chat

I think that I need new boots

(32 Posts)
Prentice Wed 28-Sep-22 21:58:43

I have tidied my shoe cupboard today and cleaned my Winter boots.They looked lovely and shiny, then I turned them over and saw that the soles are crumbling away.shock
Have to look for some new ones now, where do others buy their boots, which do they like? Mine are just higher than ankle ones.

kittylester Thu 29-Sep-22 12:38:50

Moshulu have a sale on currently.

I DO NOT need any more boots!
I DO NOT need anymore boots!

My favourite and, therefore, everyday boots are some Clarkes tan leather one and I live in terror of them giving up the ghost.

I have other boots for 'best' are from Moshulu

3dognight Thu 29-Sep-22 12:44:04

Skydancer

Can anyone recommend boots with 100% non-slip soles? I have osteoporosis and where we live is hilly. I am terrified of slipping on wet leaves or ice.

You can have winter soles put on to your boots , these are ridged and prevent a lot of slip.

Not sure if 100% though.

Concordia Thu 29-Sep-22 17:27:02

I don't think any sole could be 100% guaranteed non-slip but I have two pairs of lace up ankle boots, one Moshulu and one Josef Siebel and both pairs have soles like the tread on tractor tyres. I wouldn't wear anything else in seriously wet or icy weather.

Whiff Thu 29-Sep-22 17:29:31

I always have my ankle boots and shoes from Hotter. They have a sake on at the moment 20% off.

Kim19 Thu 29-Sep-22 17:36:46

J, I'd forgotten about the sock usage. Haven't done it myself but know it to have been very successful. Who cares about looks in treacherous conditions?!

Prentice Fri 30-Sep-22 11:18:45

kittylester

Moshulu have a sale on currently.

I DO NOT need any more boots!
I DO NOT need anymore boots!

My favourite and, therefore, everyday boots are some Clarkes tan leather one and I live in terror of them giving up the ghost.

I have other boots for 'best' are from Moshulu

grin Yes you do need more, or at least want more I think.

I have been looking online at Hotter, thank you for this Whiff I like the look of the Whisper and Murmur boots, but what colour to choose? Navy look attractive.