Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 25th November 2022

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 25-Nov-22 05:48:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with signs of overnight rain here in brackley this morning.
Today a small local shop to start with , I will then bus to Bicester ,where yesterday I noticed the amount of cars going into a multi storey car park for Bicester Village , obvious looking for Black Friday bargains.
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Fri 25-Nov-22 07:58:21

Good morning all and thank you so much for all your kind wishes for my DD. It really is so heart warming.
She picked up her meds yesterday - steroid upped which she has to take every other day for a month, along with antibiotics and other ‘stuff’. I told her about the Buccastem , Susan. Thanks for that . 👍.

We have all the family coming in Sunday as it’s Dh and DS1’s birthday today. DS was born on his dads 24th birthday, six weeks early. . (49 yrs ago).
DS2 and family are off to Lapland on Wednesday and haven’t told the girls yet, so I’ll have to watch my words! (Eggshells).
Dd said she won’t come as she doesn’t want to spread germs. 😢.

Oh GG - that rain was biblical! Never seen anything like it. Started at 4 ish, just as Rayleigh Lights street fayre was beginning. DIL and family were drenched!

Rain was pouring down our chimney like a waterfall. Goodness knows where the water has gone. Into the gas fire I suppose! 😥.
Conservatory was leaking. Like Noah’s Ark here!

Hoping Marydoll has a ‘good’ day. Thanks for your prayers.

Take care all ❤️

brook2704 Fri 25-Nov-22 08:04:46

Good morning everyone from Malaga all is fine here and I’m looking forward to another day exploring

but like TopsyIrene has said, I’ve just read some heartbreaking news on soops thread so I’ll leave it there for today

Take care all 💐

ginny Fri 25-Nov-22 08:13:36

Good morning from Tenerife. A little cloudy but the Captain has just told us the sun will soon be out and expecting 22 C
We have a quiet morning on board and then an excursion this afternoon. Photos are of the dunes at Mas Palomas ( Grnd Canaria ) and a village called Mogen. Protia flower growing wild

Wishing all a good day especially those with worries or illness.

NanKate Fri 25-Nov-22 08:17:17

Good morning Mick and All.

A clear sunny day in South Bucks.

DH and I have been sent out our ‘Freedom Tickets’ post covid from the NHS to go out and about again. Phew I’ve got cabin fever. We are both still coughing so will wear our masks. So we are off to our local NT Gardens to have lunch in the cafe 👍

DH feels the cold badly, he doesn’t have spare weight like I do, so he has bought himself hand warmers which are on a cord and you can hold inside your gloves. I found them far too hot to touch but he is keen to try them out today.

You do make me laugh Mary

Susan56 Fri 25-Nov-22 08:17:51

All the best for tomorrow Grey💪🏼

Marydoll Fri 25-Nov-22 08:18:11

Good luck for tomorrow, Greyduster.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 25-Nov-22 08:18:35

Good morning Mick and everyone from Hull. What a rain shower we had at tea time last night wow it was loud.

Ashcombe I feel so sorry for your family to not be together this Christmas after all. They must be so disappointed.

Greyduster sending all my best wishes for your operation tomorrow. Hope all goes well and your ongoing recovery💐

My DH is making all sorts of noises as he’s battling a bad cold which has turned into a lung infection. Antibiotics are ordered for today. He was lucky to get same day into the docs yesterday. He’s not been right since since he had both his jabs and with three grandchildren kissing him and we know they are dripping with germs it’s hit him hard but he’s up and about not feeling too bad.

Have a good day if you can and virtual hugs to those suffering stress and worries 🌻🌻

kittylester Fri 25-Nov-22 08:20:07

Sad, sad news from Hellogirl.

Busy day ahead, the cleaner first thing, visit from DS1 and then a gp visit. Oooh, possibly a couple jof football matches as well.

Grammaretto Fri 25-Nov-22 08:20:48

Good morning all from dull but mild Edinburgh. I'm on my way south today to stay with my DS3 and his busy family. It's the anniversary of DH death this w/end and I didn't want to be alone.
Some relief for you Marydoll? But not without the usual bother.
Gingster what a busy time you are having.

Someone on the bus is having a loud video call with her grandchild! Marvels of modern science?
shock

kittylester Fri 25-Nov-22 08:21:33

Sorry, good luck for tomorrow, too, GD. Come back soon.

Georgesgran Fri 25-Nov-22 08:29:28

Good morning from Durham. Dry, but there’s been rain overnight. Long overdue haircut this morning.
💐Hellogirl - sorry to hear your sad news.

Wyllow3 Fri 25-Nov-22 08:30:54

Morning from a clear.even sun S Yorks. I too feel the call of "fresh air" tho am having a coffee with friend this morning and just go to the gym.

Greydusterthe day has come at last! many many warm wishes that it goes well! Hope your family come and see you lots while you are recuperating at home.

My bowels/tum really are not in good nick, but its a very long wait for a CT scan. I do not want to have another op (tramlines down my tum from 3 operations). It's a wait and see situation.

sympathies and strength for poor lies and family poorlies, and enjoy DGC.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 25-Nov-22 08:32:24

Good morning all from dry Harrogate.
We have a pink and blue sky, very pretty. Hope the weather is pretty too!! Well the sky has changed dramatically- the pink has disappeared to be replaced by grey!
Where are you going Oops?
Marydoll hope your DH’s car is not too damaged. Maybe you should report that lady to the police sounds like a danger to herself as well as others!

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 25-Nov-22 08:34:15

Oops, distracted by the sky again, now black and pink and raining !
Have the best day possible folks

SunshineSally Fri 25-Nov-22 08:38:20

Good morning Mick and everyone from a sunny south Hants.
I’ve not posted for a while as I’ve been in a bit of a dark place - not so much Sunshine Sally but Cloudy Sally😢. Thankfully the clouds have now lifted 🤗 and I feel more like my old self!

I have news …we now have a new GD, born safely and weighing in at 8.5 pounds (I’m old school) after a 2.5 labour - amazing!

Busy day today - making the most of the sunny weather, so will strip beds and get washing machine going and then put a second coat of Osmo oil on skirting and architrave of third bedroom, before taking DDog for his walk. He’ll probably need to be dunked in the bath on our return- he does love a good roll in the grass! 🙄

I’ll go back and read your posts now.
Have a great day, whatever you’re doing. Thoughts and good wishes for those going through hard times, in pain and/or are feeling low.
Hugs and 💐 for you all x

ShazzaKanazza Fri 25-Nov-22 08:40:38

Happy birthday to your Husband and Son Gingster. 🎉

TopsyIrene Thankyou for mentioning Hellogirl I didn’t get chance to read Soop’s yesterday. Such terrible news. 😢

monk08 Fri 25-Nov-22 08:47:57

Good morning all from a sunny Black country after yesterday's rain it's most welcome.
I think we may take a trip to the Christmas market today.
Will read through everyone's news and happenings with my cuppa.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Friday and may you all find some 🌞.

harrigran Fri 25-Nov-22 08:49:08

Good morning from a damp underfoot NE.
Had to set the alarm as I am expecting a delivery today and true to form no text or email yet.
I have ordered a Dishpatch meal for the weekend, duck confit parmentier.
Yesterday I spent the entire day in the study looking for the paperwork for the burglar alarm maintenance which will take place in two weeks. I don't have a filing cabinet but do have an entire cupboard given over to folders. I did not find what I was looking for.
I now have a sore back with leaning over.
Sorry to hear your DH is having to give up on the holiday Ashcombe, great shame.
Just had a text to say my meal is coming between 10.30 and 11.30, that is a good time.
Thoughts are with poorly people.

Taichinan Fri 25-Nov-22 08:52:55

Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning on the Angus coast and I have lots to do - not least a washing to hang out!
Ash I feel so sad for your DDs and families on both sides of the world. I can understand the devastating disappointment for all.
Happy holiday Oops.
Bluebalou the only (unflooded) road to mine is also in the hands of the roadworkers. I don't know what they're doing but I'm hoping it's resurfacing and not just more joined-up patches.
I'm going to have to dash off and get this day moving as apart from hanging the washing out I have to get petrol before going to do some tai chi with the Balance Clinic and then off to take my friend out for lunch and a drive so that I can get back home before dark. Yesterday was such a foul day that it was dark by about 2.30 so thank goodness it's better today.
Always thinking of those with health worries, particularly for their family members, and hoping everyone has a good day x

hollysteers Fri 25-Nov-22 08:54:08

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening northwest coast.
Had a quiet day at home yesterday for a change. Had a tidy up and finished off a pile of handmade Christmas cards, a painting of mine of an angel which had been copied and I fixed on to blank cards.
Caught up with friends on the phone too, small things, but satisfying.
Need to finish the book for the Bookgroup (or bookgrope as I call it) for the meeting here next week, but picked it up after a gap, can’t remember the beginning and found myself in the middle of WW2 which is a chore. Action bores me..
Off to art group soon so will finish my avocado, more for health than enjoyment.
Thoughts to Gingster and her DD and all with worries or troubles.🌼

harrigran Fri 25-Nov-22 08:58:08

Good luck for tomorrow Greyduster.

EkwaNimitee Fri 25-Nov-22 09:06:49

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny-ish Carlisle where it's about 8C.
Like yesterday, I am having a gentle day, I always do after my regular bloodletting. I was going to go into town to make a start on Christmas shopping but I'm postponing that to Monday as I feel a bit lightheaded. There's plenty of admin and some little jobs to get on with and maybe the shops will be a bit quieter on a Monday? Some hope probably. Also I have plenty of reading to catch up with.

Have a good day if possible and best wishes for improvements to all the poorly.

luluaugust Fri 25-Nov-22 09:12:56

Good morning all fro a sunny W Kent. Off to the supermarket and then staying with youngest GS until his mum gets in from work.
Happy holiday Oops
Congrats SunshineSally
Best wishes to all

ShazzaKanazza Fri 25-Nov-22 09:15:42

Such lovely news Sunshine Sally and congratulations. Very pleased you are back with us and feeling like your old self. 💐

GrannySomerset Fri 25-Nov-22 09:18:35

Off to Bath with friends, partly to help the wife buy some trousers. She is showing signs of dementia and it helps her DH to have someone else with her. I need to do a bit of festive shopping too, and we will have lunch out, so a good day I hope.

Slightly better news from Marydoll, sad news from Hellogirl and just about everything in between. This thread certainly captures life in all its ups and downs.