Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 26th November 2022

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 26-Nov-22 05:42:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark as usual , but looking dry and cold outside here in Brackley .
Today I will bus to Bicester only , there are events taking place there related to xmas build up ,and here as well later today with light switch ons .
I noticed yesterday as to Black Friday , Bicester Village designer site was packed full car parks and they were still trying to get in later in the day .
Take Care,
Mick

karmalady Sat 26-Nov-22 05:56:25

Good morning, s somerset will be bland weatherwise today

I am going to have a nice walk around the town today. Nothing else planned but I need to dust and vacuum. My new vac has a searchlight and goodness it is effective. It highlights every speck of dust and fluff that had been hidden to my naked eye. Quite fun to us actually

I made a large amount of dahl, most for freezing for my vegan visitors. It might well be too hot, I kept some back to eat with rice today. The dried chillis disintegrated and disappeared when I was cooking it. Fingers crossed that I can keep it

ShazzaKanazza Sat 26-Nov-22 06:02:48

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull.
I’ve been awake since 3.30 it’s just one of those nights where my mind started whirring as soon as I woke. I’ve just had a slice of toast and peanut butter and a couple of cups of tea and may go back to bed.

Today we are putting up the Christmas decorations though not as many as usual as they are coming down earlier due to a holiday. We aren’t usually this early but I’m doing a Christmas dinner tomorrow for family so wanted it to be Christmassy for the Grandchildren. 🎄

I’ll be back later to catch up on all your news 🌻🌻

grandMattie Sat 26-Nov-22 06:03:00

Good morning from a dark, dry E Kent.
Quiet day yesterday, spent pottering and knitting.
DL did her usual of telephone calls, both personal and to various agencies involved in her move. I don’t remember quite so many”complications “ when we moved…. Her latest anxiety is that the vendor, a lady in her 70s, was going to die! For goodness sake!
With a small suitcase and the many, many Royal Mail strikes, I have asked DD to sort out her family’s Christmas presents. I’ll just wrap and label them. DL will receive a folder full of the recipes of dishes she enjoyed here.
Today, much the same. I’ll probably do some vacuuming and web removal…. Urms SOAP dish for dinner.
May all those in distress have relief. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 26-Nov-22 06:22:48

Good morning Mick from a dark Oxfordshire.
Busy day today, packing to go to The Canary Islands, usual Hotel tonight then we go out on the second flight tomorrow morning, not such an early start as we usually have. I say ‘usually’ but we havent been there since 2019.

Karmalady a good dollop of Greek (style) yogurt on the top as you serve it up calms down a hot chilli or curry.

By the time we get home GM I hope your DL will be exDL!

Have a good day everyone and hugs for those who are unwell or stressed and a huge hug for those caring for sick family members.

baubles Sat 26-Nov-22 06:23:46

Good morning all from dark South Lanarkshire, it’s quiet outside so no rain I hope

We are packing up the poppies later today and working on the Christmas display. Not much else planned.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Ashcombe Sat 26-Nov-22 06:23:54

Good morning from a dry and still Torbay.

Thinking of Gingster’s DD and hope she is more comfortable also Greyduster today having her hip operation. What an early start! We shall be here when you’re able to post again.

It’s good to hear about your holidays, brook and ginny (beautiful photos) which cheers up Winter days here. A new baby in the family is such happy news, SunshineSally!

Condolences to Hellogirl. Such very sad news.

We hope to go for a little look at the Christmas Fayre at church today as it’s just across the park from here and a warm welcome is assured.

Wishing everyone a good weekend. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

BlueBalou Sat 26-Nov-22 06:30:57

Good morning, it’s another damp start here in Wiltshire.
Yesterday I tidied the utility room up, it tends to be used as a dumping ground 🙄, and then pootled doing not much in particular so quite a relaxing day.
Today nothing planned but will have a long dog walk this morning around the lanes because the fields are sodden and many have sheep in ( not that I let DDog off much - never if livestock around- because her recall is decidedly selective!)
The berries on trees and in the hedgerows are abundant this year, usually a sign of a hard winter I believe, and still many trees have their leaves.
Let’s hope for some sunshine today, I’m fed up with the gloom!

ginny Sat 26-Nov-22 07:11:23

Good morning from Fuerteventura, where we are about to dock.
We are off board this morning for an excursion.
Yesterdays was very pleasant, visiting a beach and gardens. I had a paddle and yes, I misjudged the waves.
Congratulations on your new baby Sunshine.
Special thoughts with Gingster and *Hellogirl and all others with worries and illness.
Hope today brings a smile to all..

cornergran Sat 26-Nov-22 07:20:12

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset looks dry for now. Rain in the forecast.

Enjoyed our beach walk in sunshine yesterday, a few spots of rain just before we left to come back, sun out again by the time we got off the bus. Excellent. A number of things to leave with a charity shop today. We checked last week and yes all items would be appreciated including the electronic keyboard which will be PAT tested and offered for sale.

I’m very sad for hellogirl, have 🤞 for greyd who has had a challenging year. You’ve reminded me ash there are several Christmas fairs around here today, enjoy your visit. Special thoughts to all struggling with worries.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Urmstongran Sat 26-Nov-22 07:22:47

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s just getting light. Himself is still snoozing. I’ve settled down with a brew to read the Saturday papers on line. All is quiet at this time of the day. The town centre will be busting up later. We have a brass band playing in the square from mid morning. I may go down to listen and have a coffee in the cafe there.

We have no plans which is quite nice. The grandchildren are getting older and we are less ‘hands on’ these days. Doesn’t seem so long ago I used to go over just to do bath time with pj’s at tea time just to help and give their mum a rest. Doesn’t time just fly?

Enjoy your holiday Oops! You will relish the warm sunny days. You’ve got me fancying peanut butter now Shazza! I’m probably not allowed it on my low fat diet but I’m off to Google it just in case.
🤞

Not long to go now with your lodger grandMattie but after all these weeks, any irritations will be magnifying I expect. Enjoy the SOAP dish!

Urmstongran Sat 26-Nov-22 07:25:41

Those gorgeous blue skies and palm trees are what I’m missing right now ginny! Lovely photos.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 26-Nov-22 07:29:12

Morning all

Beginning to get light outside, no idea what the forecast is …

Gingster I hope your DD will begin to feel better once the meds lock in. Enjoy your time with all the family.

Hopefully Greyduster is being prepped for her surgery right now 🤞🏻

A small shop locally this morning, then it will be me and my kindle for a couple of hours. Tonight we have the 7yr old and The Imp for a sleepover as DD is going out with her schoolmates. The Imp is not known to sleep all night so I shall probably be up and down with little sleep 🤣🤣

Have your best Saturday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 26-Nov-22 07:30:09

Morning all from a chilly West Oxfordshire. I am expecting some parcels to be delivered today now that Royal Mail are back to work. OH is thinking of taking up bee keeping and in fact is doing a course next year. So, today we are toddling off to a honey day! Last night I had a chat with younger son and we have arranged to go to the Freud exhibition at the National Gallery next month. I’m a member and can take one guest. This is good because otherwise tickets are around £26 each! We often do arty things like this - his first degree is in Art History so he is a good companion for galleries etc. We went to the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy this year and also viewed the Blue Boy painting at the National Gallery. Son always buys afternoon tea whilst I usually buy lunch. My cold has just about disappeared which I’m pleased about. Have a good day - I can’t quite believe it’s December next week. Winter draws on, apparently.

dragonfly46 Sat 26-Nov-22 07:32:10

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire.

Popping to Argos this morning to pick up a parcel taking in a coffee en route. Our Argos is in Sainsbury so can pick up some milk.
Visiting a Christmas Fayre at a local farm this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a good day thinking especially of Greyduster.

Grandmabatty Sat 26-Nov-22 07:39:14

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° and looks dry, although it's still dark. Grannygravy small children are hard work! How on earth did we manage it? Ginny lovely photos which make me long for warmer places. Oops have a lovely holiday.
Yesterday all my fears about a sleepover with the boys came to naught as dgs1 isn't well and DD didn't want to leave him. She sent me a photo and he's a poorly looking wee scone. So I was off the hook. He is coming for a sleepover next Friday if he's better but no baby brother in tow.
Today I'm meeting a friend for breakfast at my local garden centre,then I'll mooch about there and try not to spend too much money. Steak for dinner then strictly. Have a good day all.

Pittcity Sat 26-Nov-22 07:41:21

Good morning from a grey Colchester. A dry day forecast.
We have no weekend plans but DH listed various footwear that needs replacing so a walk over to Go Outdoors is needed. He is a reluctant shopper and waits until something disintegrates.

Thinking of all your joys and sadnesses. Wishing Greyduster well.

Love to all 🦩 x

Urmstongran Sat 26-Nov-22 07:44:42

Yay!

Peanut Butter/Total Fat Amount
8 g
Total Fat

Quantity
1 tablespoon

Thanks Shazza I’ll be adding it to the shopping list for Himself later! I fancy peanut butter and banana on wholemeal toast for my breakfast.
😊

brook2704 Sat 26-Nov-22 07:48:36

Good morning everyone from Malaga, the weather has been lovely and warm, ideal for me really with just a T-shirt needed in the day and a light jacket in the evening.
There’s so much going on here and lots to see and do, yesterday we walked up to Gibrafaro Castle and enjoyed beautiful views over the port and the city. The gardens are still lovely too even though it’s almost December. Last night we went to a lovely Christmas market just at the front of El Corte Inglés, but tonight is the big Christmas lights switch on Calle Larios, so we’ll go out and experience that.
Have a lovely holiday Oops and thanks for your pictures ginny 😎
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 26-Nov-22 07:51:44

Good morning all from dry Harrogate.
Your DL is obviously very anxious about her impending move GrandMattie, but you have done your bit for her. It’s up to her to sort things out.
Lovely holiday pics Ginny. Enjoy!
Good luck Greyduster with your op.
Gingster hope your DD is more comfortable.
Yesterday I finished baking my mince pies. Today might go into town or just pootle about at home
Have the best day possible folks

Grammaretto Sat 26-Nov-22 07:54:41

Good morning all from Nottingham where it's dry . DGD has given up her room for me and I hope I'm taking them out for lunch today. There'll be football and dog walking too.

Sorry your feelings for DL have soured gMattie . After she's moved things will improve.
My new tenant is moving in while I'm away. She has the key and my Helpers have offered to help her.
DS is a bit surprised !
Have a nice weekend everyone whatever you are doing.

Gingster Sat 26-Nov-22 07:56:18

Good morning and it’s still and dry.
Yesterday was a lovely day. No two days are the same.

Thanks Ash, ginny and GG. Dd seemed a little better yesterday so hopefully will improve as time goes on. They cancelled her immunotherapy yesterday as she was too poorly.

We had a lovely evening at DS1’s house with dinner and present giving. Son and dad always like to spend their joint birthday together. 💕.

DS2 is coming this afternoon bringing food for tomorrow’s family gathering. They wanted to take us all out for Sunday lunch, but with 14 of us it would be too much! I persuaded them that we would all be happier here . So they said they would bring lunch to us. An easy time for me ! 👍.

I will take little gd dancing and then do DD’s and our shopping.
Dh and DS going to footie so a peaceful afternoon 🙏.

Happy holidays
Jolly outings
Get well wishes
Pleasant days.
❤️

Gingster Sat 26-Nov-22 07:59:46

Thankyou gwenisgreat 😘

mumofmadboys Sat 26-Nov-22 08:09:40

Good morning from Cumbria. Raining and grey here. Three of our UA family and me have gone down with a nasty cough, fever and aching. Hoping I am over the worse. The UA family move out on Monday to their new rental two minutes walk away. They have been with us for seven months so the house will be very quiet. I wont miss cooking for 6 each evening! I have warned my DH I am taking a break from cooking! One of our sons passed through here last weekend for a night and picked up the virus. He is now trekking in Nepal and has had to take it very slowly until he improves. Nothing booked so can do shorter days. Yesterday our youngest said he was coming home for Christmas. Three out of the five will be home and one partner. I am sooo pleased . The youngest has worked in childrens homes for 4 years so always volunteered to work Christmas as others had young families. He is now in the prison service. Hope everyone has a peaceful day. Thinking especially of Hellogirl

Marydoll Sat 26-Nov-22 08:15:03

Good morning all, from a slightly milder Glasgow, where its 12°C.

No plans for me today. I was supposed to be going with DD and SIL to a local Christmas Market, but I have cancelled. ☹ This week's gadding about has caught up with me and my tank is empty. I'm quite disappointed.
^
I have some urgent parish admin to do, needed for the weekend, which I should have done yesterday, so that will be done as soon as I can stir myself! #serial procrastinator.

Yesterday turned out to be a surprisingly pleasant one. I had popped up to church (for a brief visit) to sort something, when the new administrator from our neighbouring parish popped in and seized the opportunity to pick my brains.
Her job is much more problematic than mine, due to an uncooperative and belligerent PP.
Until recently, both parishes used to be run by our PP, hence the reason for her visit.
Not much work got done, but there was so much hilarity, the PP got out of his sick bed to come downtairs to see what was going on! 😚
He looked absolutely awful and after two weeks of shingles, his eye is still closed. I'm very concerned. 😞
Later, when I got into my car, I noticed a missed call on the phone from the PP. I called back to ask what he needed.
His response: I phoned you from my sick bed, but you obviously didn't hear your phone ringing because you were making so much noise !!!! 😆

Just as I was leaving, the PP's dog came looking for me. Unfortunately in her delight at seeing me, her claw caught my arm, through my sleeve.
At home, rolling up my sleeves, I noticed my arm was bleeding, thin skin and blood thinners are not a good combination!
I have cleaned it thoroughly, so I hope it will be ok, since I'm immunocompromised.

Hoping to hear better news from Gingster and that Grey's surgery goes well.
Lovely picture Ginny 💚 and congratulations Sally.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.