Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 6th December 2022

(67 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 06-Dec-22 05:49:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark here ,may have had an overnight frost looking at the ground here in brackley .
Yesterdays visit to the JR in Oxford , had its problems as to appointment times, I ended up being seen later then time stated , but all went OK I was clear , but the tube through the mouth a bit painful as I chose to have a spray done but not eating for over 8 hours , was bad I was glad to get home and have something.
Today , Bus to Bicester but will weather watch as to the day how long I stay there.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 06-Dec-22 06:05:29

Happy St. Nicholas day!
Good morning from a drizzly dark E Kent. I’m finding this weather so dreary and rather depressing.
When I had an endoscopy, Mick, what I found hardest was not drinking anything. I was parched.
Poor DL was told yesterday that the vendor was no longer capable of signing any papers. Absolute panic, then it was found that the family had already done an enduring POA but not effected it. The solicitor has been very encouraging as has the estate agent, and the sale will go through next week. But she has been fill of dire events; sleeping in the street, in the church porch, etc. it has been exhausting trying to keep her buoyed up. I think she is fine-ish now.
The WI Carol service was very nice. Hardly spoke to anyone as I got there late and left before tea and mince pies, so I could help DL to bed.
I spent a happy day assembling the bits for this that I had been given some months ago. It’ll be for DSiL’s youngest niece.
I hope today is kind to those with problems. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Grandmabatty Tue 06-Dec-22 06:21:16

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 1° and dry. Mick that sounds unpleasant for you. I expect you are glad it's over. Grandmattie that is lovely! You are so kind to people.
Yesterday was a childcare one. It went well, although I'm concerned about dgs2 as he doesn't seem well. He's not girning but is heavy eyed and coughing a lot. Sil picked them up and got the tree out of the loft for me. I'll do all the Christmas stuff on Wednesday I think.
Today is another childcare day. I'll pick them up shortly but, apart from the nursery drop off, I'll keep dgs2 in the warmth. Mince round for dinner. Have a good day all.

Ashcombe Tue 06-Dec-22 06:37:31

Good morning from a chilly but dry Torbay.

It’s good you’ve now had the endoscopy, Mick and let’s hope there are no more hospital appointments for a while. Your DL sounds like such a drama queen, grandMattie, and your patience is admirable. Lovely cushion! I’m smiling at the thought of you “mincing round”, Grandmabatty! Hope your DGS2 soon feels better.

Over the weekend, I broke a tooth so had an emergency appointment yesterday afternoon. I couldn’t see my regular dentist but was delighted to discover that the duty dentist covering emergencies was a fellow thespian from our theatre! He's a lovely young Spanish guy who played Captain Bertorelli in ‘Allo, ‘Allo! I was happy to be treated by him even if my wallet wasn’t!!

Today, I’m going out for a Christmas lunch at a hotel with the Props team. DH will chauffeur me as driving is not recommended until six weeks post operation.

Enjoy whatever life brings you today and thank you for the continuing encouraging comments which mean a lot. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Grandmabatty Tue 06-Dec-22 06:38:39

Ash 😂😂

peli Tue 06-Dec-22 06:45:16

Good morning everybody! Today seems to be dry & cloudy, so the puddles may disappear from yesterdays' heavy rain - it was definitely wear yr wellies weather!
Kalu, yr arrangement sounds stunning!
I really like hearing about all the different "day plans" from everyone!

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 06:54:35

Good morning from under the duvet. Brrrrr!
I ordered a new warmer duvet from good old JL last night as despite the expense it’s cheaper than a second dog on the bed!
What a nightmare for your DL Grandmattie - unlike Ash I can understand her fears, surely a solicitor or the estate agent should have picked this up before now? Moving house is one f the biggest stress inducing activities at the best of times.
So, my exciting programme is Optometrist this morning and Rosie is having her tootsies (well claws), trimmed this afternoon. Not sure she will appreciate that (I used to have to go and sit in the car when Gracie had hers done - anybody else familiar with the GSOD - greyhound scream of death?)
I’m glad you have your “scope” behind you Mick - take it gently today though.
Keep warm everybody, keep safe!

Grandmadinosaur Tue 06-Dec-22 07:15:10

Good Morning all from east Yorkshire. It’s still dark and feels a bit chilly as I type this. I hadn’t heard the alarm go off when dh jumped out of bed.

Got quite a bit done yesterday. I called in to the Drs as I’d read about the health check you can get. Apparently our surgery don’t do it but the young lady said I can get you an appointment. She offered me one next Monday but then discovered there was one available that afternoon. I was very surprised but glad at the same time. Lovely GP I hadn’t seen before he changed the dosage on my meds and arranged a couple of tests. I was impressed!

Today my usual coffee morning and we shall be a couple of ladies down this week. After that I need to collect some train tickets and then GS here after school.

You will be glad to have that procedure over with now Mick

Have a good day everyone.

MrsTeapot Tue 06-Dec-22 07:15:21

Morning, it’s very crisp here, going to be cold splitting logs for the fire later. We use only the stove to heat the entire house so have a lot to do…it’s quite therapeutic though, and DH and I are a good team doing chores. Other than that, plans are a beach walk and making soup and baking bread for dinner.
Enjoy your day everyone.

dragonfly46 Tue 06-Dec-22 07:31:02

Good morning from dark Leicestershire.

Busy day today after a not so good night. Why do worries suddenly pop into your head in the middle of the night?

Cleaning fairies first thing, then popping to Waitrose to pick up a JL parcel, then hairdressers. Hopefully I can then fit in a snooze as it is Book club Christmas dinner at a local hostel.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Aldom Tue 06-Dec-22 07:34:41

GrandMattie, so pleased for your DL. Poor lady. I imagine her anxiety levels are sky high. As Maw said, moving home is one of the most stressful things we do. That coupled with having her leg amputated must be beyond stressful. I wish DL peace of mind, better health and happiness in the future. smile flowers

Pittcity Tue 06-Dec-22 07:37:18

Good morning from a cold but dry Colchester where it's just getting light.
Tuesday is charity shop volunteering day in the City centre. I have a dress to return to Primark on my way in. Their sizes are often way out.
Love to all 🦩 x

brook2704 Tue 06-Dec-22 07:38:27

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cold with some rain or sleety snow in the forecast later.
Pleased all went well yesterday mick and enjoy your trip out later.
Today I’m looking forward to meeting up with DD2, we’re going into town shopping this morning, picking up the DGC from school later and then back to their house for the evening. So a busy day but it’ll be lovely to see everyone.
Luckily we wrote all the Christmas cards before we went away so we just needed to post them all yesterday. DH put the outside Christmas lights up and the Christmas tree is almost done so it’s looking a bit more festive here now.
Hoping your DGS2 is feeling better soon grandmabatty good idea to keep him in the warmth today
Hoping marydoll is feeling a bit better today
Take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Urmstongran Tue 06-Dec-22 07:39:33

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where again, it’s dry and still. Sunrise is giving a slash of orange sky over yonder, it looks quite beautiful.

I have an appointment at the hair salon this lunchtime. A really good stylist in Arroyo (a girl originally from Fife) told me once that lots of layering helps to ‘thicken’ fine hair so I’m going to request that today whilst keeping the length I have.

MrsTeapot where’s ‘here’? We like to place you weather-wise! And peli don’t be shy - share your own ‘doings’ too? Glad your endoscopy is out of the way Mick. And your poor lodger grandMattie that News was enough to shred anyone’s nerves! I like the sound of your mince round Grandmabatty and hope your baby grandsons health improves soon - keeping him cosy is a good idea today. You did well getting a dental appointment so quickly Ash I’d like to think it was an NHS practice too. Ditto your amazing offer of screening appointment ‘now’ Grandmadinosaur! Surely healthcare providers are at last upping their game? Only Marydoll’s rubbish ones to sort out now ...

kittylester Tue 06-Dec-22 07:48:23

Good morning all from a dismal North Leicestershire - it's perishing too.

DD3 calling in later with food parcels, the electrician to change a dangerous plug and the gardener delivering our wreath.

DH is off to Waitrose too dragonfly to collect a JL parcel - a regular occurrence lately.

He is also on a mission to acquire some cash - 3 cash machines were out of action yesterday.

Sending best wishes to everyone.

BlueBalou Tue 06-Dec-22 07:48:27

Good morning everyone from Wiltshire.
It cold and damp here this morning, I could really do with some sunshine please!
Off to crafts this morning, I always enjoy seeing everyone there.
Yesterday I collected the final couple of bits from the jewellers, very pleased with the work they’ve done. A pair of silver earrings that I was given probably 40 years ago but couldn’t wear have been redesigned and are absolutely gorgeous.
Then I popped into a couple of friends on the way home to give them each a little something for being so kind and had a coffee with one of them.
Yesterday afternoon I pootled around, not achieving much, and probably more of the same later!
Have a peaceful day x

Kim19 Tue 06-Dec-22 07:51:37

Hello everyone! Had a lovely time at my veterans' Christmas lunch yesterday. Food wasn't great but the company and fun was wonderful. I even won a raffle prize! Furthermore I managed a waltz and a conga. Best way of exercising for me. Just love to dance. Today is 'recovery' of the most pleasant kind and....... a wee bit of domesticity wouldn't go amiss!! Hope you all have a high spot today and recognise it. Cheers!

Urmstongran Tue 06-Dec-22 07:52:58

We have 2 ATM machines at our front door kittylester and 4 in the square. If you just send me your bank details .... 🤣😂

Marydoll Tue 06-Dec-22 07:58:06

Good morning all from a frosty Glasgow, where its -1° C.
Its really cold this morning.
brook, I bet your system has gone into shock.🥶

Glad your endoscopy is over Mick, sorry to hear it was painful. I think it depends largely on who does it.

GM, sorry you have added stress with DL.

Ash, after I had surgery, I was informed by my insurance company, that I would not be insured, until my surgeon had deemed me fit to drive,
It seems, as you said, it takes about six weeks for the internal wounds to heal.

I had a better night's sleep last night, in bed at 8pm, unknown for this night owl!.

Much to my surprise, I was first in the electronic queue in the doctors' yesterday.
The situation with my heart meds is still not good.
The GP said that I absolutely cannot be without them, however, there is no alternative medication, so a temp fix has been organised.
The pharmacy has managed to source a higher dose tablet, the equivalent of the ones, I take for my morning dose. A smaller dose is taken at bedtime, but the pill is so small, it can't be halved. Fortunately, a very precise, scientific solution (pun) has been found, I will dissolve the tablet in water, drink half and throw the rest away.
Isn't medical science wonderful and wasteful.

The GP, a senior partner, was shocked when I related the shambolic and stressful way, I had been treated and said it was certain not conducive to dealing with a heart patient. He was most annoyed to find, I knew nothing about a script, which had been written on Friday,wasn't informed of and that no-one had contacted me.
Naturally, he attempted to defend his staff, but I politely shot down every excuse and said it was totally unacceptable and that I had been badly let down by the surgery on numerous occasions.
He soon realised I was pretty on the ball, concerning my health.

He informed me that there had been a number of discussions about me, but sadly my health is so complicated, no-one knows how to manage it. I am not an easy patient to treat. Not surprisingly, was aware of that a long time ago, so it wasn't a big deal.
I'm so relieved, as I spent the weekend worrying about it and having to face the unsympathetic dragons on Monday. The receptionist, who answered was lovely!

My main worry is having yet another heart attack, which the medication helps to prevent. I had the last one in the middle of the pandemic and had the most horrible hospital experience. Staff didn't want me there, due to being CEV and I certainly didn't want to be there either!

Anyway, crisis averted, until the next one. 😉
DH is taking me to Lidl early. I haven't been doing much shopping recently, so a stock up is required. Then I shall have a restful afternoon.
I am staying away from church, so that I won't be ambushed!
You see, I can be sensible.

I will need to read your posts later, as DH is champing at the bit.

Have a good day and best wishes to all who are struggling. Pitt, I hope things are improving for your mum.

Jaxjacky Tue 06-Dec-22 08:00:24

Good morning from a dull S Hants, it’s about 4. Glad that’s over with for you Mick and clear.
Understandable collywobbles for DL gMattie the countdown continues 🤞
Chemist, Dentist and a bit of admin today.
Enjoy yours all 🦩🦩

kittylester Tue 06-Dec-22 08:00:27

It might come to that if yours have money in urms.

Grandmabatty Tue 06-Dec-22 08:04:01

I'm thinking 'mince round' must be a Scottish saying

Beechnut Tue 06-Dec-22 08:04:38

Good Morning everyone from a cold Severnside.

First job is to walk to the mail box to post my cards then back to do some homework. This afternoon I’ll settle down to do some beading by the window until the light starts to fade.

Earlier this year I put on what I call my best coat only to find I couldn’t do up the buttons 😩 After losing a stone since the summer I am pleased to say I can now do them up. I then tried on a couple of dresses and am now spurred on for some more weight loss before Christmas. I’m going to try to get into the stone below by the end of the year.

Wishing you all a good day in these busy times 🎄

Abitbarmy Tue 06-Dec-22 08:05:20

Good morning all, not posted on here for a while but been keeping up to date. It’s damp and cold here but I’m still in bed so not sure about frost, Seem to have lost my voice this morning (DH won’t mind!) after developing a cough yesterday and didn’t sleep at all well last night. Tomorrow is DGd day so will need to be ok for that. The twins are doing well, six weeks old now and thriving. Haven’t had any duties caring for them yet thank goodness, they’re so little but getting bigger. Have housework on the to-do list today and the dreaded c.card writing. Not sure I’ll achieve much though. Have the best day possible everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 06-Dec-22 08:05:27

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I think I’ll get up soon! It is our WI Coffee morning where ladies from nearly 90 to 50 ish will gather in the local Coffee Shop. They do the best coffee cake so I look forward to that. After lunch while OH goes to a meeting of the U3A Science group, I will do a Waitrose shop - and return a dress from click and collect. It is so easy to buy things on line, but fortunately easy to return them if they don’t suit. Has anyone been watching the new Simon Schama series? Highly recommended. Have a good and peaceful day.