Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 6th December 2022

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 06-Dec-22 05:49:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark here ,may have had an overnight frost looking at the ground here in brackley .
Yesterdays visit to the JR in Oxford , had its problems as to appointment times, I ended up being seen later then time stated , but all went OK I was clear , but the tube through the mouth a bit painful as I chose to have a spray done but not eating for over 8 hours , was bad I was glad to get home and have something.
Today , Bus to Bicester but will weather watch as to the day how long I stay there.
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Tue 06-Dec-22 16:43:06

MawtheMerrier

Hope she’s OK and hasn’t come to grief on her electric bike!

My thoughts exactly!

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 16:14:10

Hope she’s OK and hasn’t come to grief on her electric bike!

Nannagarra Tue 06-Dec-22 15:23:28

MawtheMerrier

Anybody seen Karmalady on this or any of the other threads?

I note she posted on Sunday’s GM. AFAIK she doesn’t accept PMs.
🤞she’s okay. Imo she’s a top woman.

Marydoll Tue 06-Dec-22 14:48:43

GM says she has no idea what support DL will have. What a worry.

Wyllow3 Tue 06-Dec-22 14:31:14

I can’t imagine that’s not in hand given needs level.

Marydoll Tue 06-Dec-22 13:39:30

It would be foolish to move without a care package, when DL has had so much support.
Can Social Services not help?
Surley she will need support, like a personal alarm, in case of falls.

Wyllow3 Tue 06-Dec-22 13:17:46

Maybe it depends on where DL is moving grandMattie? Ie is it a flat like McCarthy and Stone where there is built in care on request?

Marydoll Tue 06-Dec-22 13:16:05

I too love a mince round from the butcher's!

From the urban dictionary. I already am familiar with that offensive term, but of course, would never use it.

Teapot
A gay Man. Comes from how gay men stereotypically carry themselves, one hand on the hip the other out looking like the spout of a teapot. Like the dance that goes with the children's song "I'm a little teapot short and stout".

Kalu Tue 06-Dec-22 13:11:47

A mince round is a favourite of ours Grandmabatty
No idea about the Scottish teapot reference. Hopefully I remember correctly, MrsTeapot lives in the west of Scotland.

Marydoll Tue 06-Dec-22 13:07:45

I too noticed her absence.

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 12:53:48

Anybody seen Karmalady on this or any of the other threads?

grandMattie Tue 06-Dec-22 12:37:07

I have no idea, dragon, it worries me a lot - but she will no longer be my responsibility.

dragonfly46 Tue 06-Dec-22 11:52:37

Mattie who is going to help DL to bed when she moves?

Kalu Tue 06-Dec-22 11:26:52

Good morning all from a very frosty Glasgow.

Pleased to hear you sounding a bit chirpier this morning Marydoll. At last, some sort of progress re your meds.
I do feel for your DL GM. Having a leg amputated is such a massive change of lifestyle, stressing about a house move so much so she is having nightmares about being homeless, my heart goes out to her. It can’t be easy for you either. You have been so kind.
Hope you managed to find the sage ribbon peli🤞 My hall arrangement is an easy one, all faux, just plonk it in a vase😂
What a beautiful wreath ginny, very professional looking.
Anyone else wishing to share their ‘doings’, I would love to hear about them.

A late post as the usual FaceTime with DD2 this morning and DD1 popped in for coffee after the school run. I’m not complaining, it’s a wonderful start to my day.

Best wishes to all and good luck to all needing a bit of positivity to come their way.

Blossoming Tue 06-Dec-22 10:20:41

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s bright and frosty in this corner of Lancashire, currently 1°C. Glad that the endoscopy is over with and all clear.

No real plans for today other than housework, admin and some gentle physio. The cold weather is bringing out my aches and pains.

Not surprised your DL was panicking GM, the vendor’s solicitor really should have sorted that before now. You have been a tower of strength, not much longer now.

Sounds like you’re recovering well Ash, enjoy your lunch.

You must be feeling the cold Brook after your lovely holiday

I’m glad you got to speak to some sympathetic people yesterday Marydoll and hope the situation with the meds improves. I’m envying your trip to Lidl, my life is so confined just now. I went to pick up my meds from the pharmacy yesterday but couldn’t face the crowded shop. My next trip out will probably be my hospital appointment on Friday!

Enjoy the mince round Grandmabatty, another meaning hadn’t occurred to me until I read people’s comments today! They should watch the lovely ‘What’s for Tea’ channel on YouTube and all will become clear.

So pleased to hear your DD is doing well Gingster after all the recent worries.

Love the beautiful wreath Ginny, hope you’re not feeling the cold after your adventures on the high seas.

Hope that paperwork gets signed Wyllow, freedom beckons.

I hope you all find a little brightness today.

SunshineSally Tue 06-Dec-22 10:09:21

Love your Christmas tree - I have Christmas tree envy! We’ve not got ours up yet - looking to purchase a very small one this year that’ll perch on the worktop out of the reach of DDog and DCat!! 😂

Taichinan Tue 06-Dec-22 10:07:01

Grammaretto, I live in Scotland too but didn't know there was another meaning for a teapot! Can anyone explain?

BlueSapphire Tue 06-Dec-22 10:04:52

Thought I'd just show you my Christmas tree.

BlueSapphire Tue 06-Dec-22 10:00:26

Good morning everyone from a brighter and dry Northampton. No plans to go out anywhere today - I should be doing a health walk this afternoon but have decided that a week of staying in the warm as much as possible will be good for me.

Enjoyed my day in yesterday, two loads of washing done, and the Christmas tree put up. Then in the afternoon had a phone call from an old friend from our years living in Cyprus in the 1980s; she phoned to tell me that her ex (first) husband had died. Cue happy memories of sun, sailing and Greek tavernas. Sad news. But we then spent a happy half hour catching up on all of each others news and family doings. Hoping to go and visit her at some time next year. By happy coincidence she is now living in the little Wiltshire town where I was.brought up.

Must stir myself, as I have planned on making my annual batch of Christmas sausage rolls today. Then get the rest of the decorations out of the garage and put them up.

Glad you had a clear result from your procedure yesterday Mick; and Marydoll, try and take it easy!.........

hollysteers Tue 06-Dec-22 10:00:17

Good morning Mick and all from a bright Windsor
V nice day yesterday in London with afternoon tea at Fortnums after strolling round Bond Street with my Dsister and DD coming away with extra cakes and sandwiches, I make a point of seeing Londons Christmas windows every year, but thought Fortnums not as good.
Today we stay here, have lunch and , pop into the castle.
One of those procedures we don’t particularly look forward to Mick, now done.
Will read through later.

Taichinan Tue 06-Dec-22 09:56:28

Morning all from a very cold ( and forecast to be colder soon) Angus coast where the sky is blue and the sun is shining.
I've been scrolling down through the posts and chuckling at Ash's wilful misinterpretation of grandmabattie's mince round 😄 I think you're right and it is a Scottish 'thing' grandmabattie!
This evening is one of Dancing DGD's shows in Dundee so I am hoping the forecast Armageddon of weather doesn't descend until I'm home again - I would hate to miss it 🤞
Glad all went well - if a little uncomfortably - yesterday Mick. And your poor DL, grandmattie - it's all so very difficult for you both.
That seems to have been a very good consultation with your doctor Marydoll and you must feel just a little reassured by it. I think we all feel a little 'on our own' in these post-Covid days when doctors are inaccessible and pharmacies have become unreliable. I wish I could understand why COVID has resulted in this.
Anyway, off to more cheerful things - like writing those dratted Christmas cards and deciding what's for tea.
Enjoy your day everyone, as best you can, and keep cosy x

SunshineSally Tue 06-Dec-22 09:28:05

Good morning everyone from a cold and overcast south Hants.
Mick glad you’ve got your scope behind you now.
grandMattie gosh to be fair I would have been beside myself too … when we were moving here we were selling our bungalow to a couple who were in their late eighties, one of whom had severe mobility problems … I remember being so worried something would happen and the sale would fall through! Obviously it didn’t but the fear was very real. The solicitor sounds on the ball though so hopefully it’ll all go through next week as planned. Keeping everything crossed for you 🤞

Today is MiL’s 91st birthday so after a trip to get some Bailey’s cake from our local, we’ll pop round and celebrate her special day with them. A haircut for DH is planned (by yours truly) and a walk with DDog. Oh and I really must get those xmas cards written and posted!!

Have the best day you can folks. Thoughts to those with medical appointments, those feeling unwell and those with worries.
Hugs and 💐💐 for you all x

harrigran Tue 06-Dec-22 09:20:02

Good morning from the NE where we have torrential rain.
I was woken by the landline a lady informed me that my broadband was not secure and I should ...... cue rude words and she ended the call.
Yesterday I put some lights up the bannister and wrote twenty cards, enough for one day then went and watched some TV.
My sister has had a little holiday in the Bavarian mountains, now that looked a lot like Christmas, better than what she will get here in coastal Tyne & Wear when she arrives in ten days.
I like the idea of mince round, my sister and I joke about cooking "a leg of mince" when we are not cooking a joint.
Not long now grandMattie, stay positive.

Pittcity Tue 06-Dec-22 09:11:55

Thanks for asking Marydoll. Mum is much better but all the hospital tests have found problems that she's probably had for ages and have never troubled her. It's driving her nuts. She's suffering from a disjointed health service just like you. Xx

ShazzaKanazza Tue 06-Dec-22 09:11:09

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a bright but damp Hull. I’m not looking forward to the cold and I get in a panicky spin when snow is forecast.

Mick pleased your endoscopy went ok and you are clear. I’ve had three of those all with the spray they aren’t pleasant.

This morning I may wrap gifts and this afternoon visiting a friend for a cuppa. We are exchanging birthday cards for January as we are both away. I am 60 and she is 50 within two days of each other. We will do something together when we are back later in January. As neither of us are doing Xmas cards we don’t have those to exchange.

DD and GDs are coming for tea so I need to get some salmon out of the freezer. I’ve hidden Elf he’s sitting in the dining room tree. Mysteriously our first elf went missing last year and we’ve never found him. I suspect GD hid him rather too well I might quiz her about it later.

Loved reading all your busy activities. We are up a little late as we had a bad night sleep disturbing each other so both are tired and grouchy. I might try and grab a nap later.

Wishing you all a lovely day. Virtual hugs to our friends suffering illness and family stress.🌻🎄