Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 9th December 2022

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 09-Dec-22 05:53:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Dar, dry and cold outside here in brackley this morning.
Today, my last trip to Bicester today until 20th of the month .
I have one more appointment at my local surgery when I return from my breaks , the Colonial nursing team have requested for me to have a B12 injection as to the anaemic side of things and not a iron infusion .
Take Care,
Mick

cornergran Fri 09-Dec-22 10:06:07

Morning Mick, morning All from a frosty corner of Somerset.

After a morning filled with hassle yesterday we wandered out for a decent lunch and a not too crowded supermarket shop on the way back.

A coffee session this morning organised by our neighbour so off we will go. To be truthful I don’t feel a bit like being sociable. Less ‘right’ with the world than usual. Mr C has entered into the spirit and has donned a Christmas jumper. Me? Least said the better.

Stay warm everyone. Hope poorly people are stronger very soon and Friday is kind to us all.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 09-Dec-22 10:10:57

Good Morning all from frosty but sunny Harrogate, I am full of the cold so feel a bit crap! I tested negative for covid this am. I'm supposed to be going to a party which I've been looking forward to, but I don't think I'll be popular sneezing and coughing!
Your trees as lovely GG13, hope to get mine up this weekend! My DD2's birthday is on the 13th, as a child she always thought the tree was up for her birthday, so we try to continue the tradition! She'll only be 48 next week!
Hope you get your heating sorted Baubles, there are better times to be without heating!
So glad you finally got your meds Marydoll a big relief all round!
Hope you, too, get your heating sorted Madeleine. I shall have to go into town this am, unless I can persuade DH to go on his own?
Have the best day possible folks!

hollysteers Fri 09-Dec-22 10:41:35

Good morning Mick and all from frosty Sunnyside.
Cancelled art and rehearsal today as although my cold has nearly gone, it’s left me with a cough and I’m tired after my trip south.
Oh for the energy of youth!
Will write some cards and tidy up.
How kind you are grandMattie!

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 09-Dec-22 10:56:12

Good morning from Lanzarote, had breakfast out on the terrace so I’m a bit late this morning, apparently it’s b****y freezing at home according to MissOops.
We’ll see it for ourselves soon enough, let’s hope the car starts at the airport on Sunday.
Not much happening here apart from lots of sea views and walks.
Lots happening to family at home, none of it good, makes us think that we could never spend months away, thank goodness for WhatsApp and FaceTime.
Hopefully things will sort themselves out but it’s such a worry when you can’t offer to help because you aren’t there.
Anyway, MasterOops has his Oxford Interview today, fingers crossed he doesn’t disappoint himself.
LittleMissOops had hers when she had Covid and wasn’t able to string 2 words together, but MasterOops has 2 good offers from other Universities so he’s covered either way.
Not sure if he wants to be so close to us at Oxford anyway.
Hope everyone stays warm and safe, take care.

Purplepixie Fri 09-Dec-22 11:08:05

Good morning from a very white out East Midlands. Only frost but at least it is not snow.

Hope all goes well for you Mick.

aggie Fri 09-Dec-22 11:59:30

Good morning from a frosty Co Armagh
Sun shining but it hasn’t managed to get over the roofs , looking forward to the equinox and the days lengthening again
Going out this afternoon to a tea party in the Parochial House . Our Sacristan has retired and is getting recognition from the church , she is such a sweet retiring person it will be an ordeal for her so a few of us oldies are asked along to support her , glad (ish) rags looked out !

Marydoll Fri 09-Dec-22 13:23:59

Kalu

Pleased to hear you finally got your meds. Marydoll
Whenever you feel like a trip to TKMaxx, I would be happy to be your chauffeur for the day. 😄

How kind you are, my dear friend!