Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 9th December 2022

(57 Posts)
Ashcombe Fri 09-Dec-22 07:11:06

Another cold good morning from Torbay.

Yesterday, I ventured unaccompanied to our local shops but found the cold a problem despite being very well wrapped up. Lack of sleep recently (on my back is very difficult) is not making me good company for DH, who is very patient.

Mick, my DD2 has regular B12 injections and she finds they give her a boost. Not long now, grandMattie; 🤞for the property sale going through as planned. I’m glad you’re able to continue to enjoy your hobbies. Likewise, with “white” cars here, Beechnut, a rare sight in the so called English Riviera!! 😂

Enjoy whatever you’ve planned, everyone, and wrap up well. 🦩🎄🎅🏼❄️🦩

Beechnut Fri 09-Dec-22 06:54:43

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s one and a half degrees warmer in the house this morning compared with yesterday. The cars are all white never mind what their proper colour is supposed to be.

My car is back from its service yesterday. I also received my goodies to make a fascinator. I ordered them from a millinery place near your neck of the woods Mattie.

When the streets are aired I’ll go and do my weekly shop and go to a garden centre. Unusually for me I am late going to see the Christmas displays.

Have a good day all ❄️🎄

BlueSapphire Fri 09-Dec-22 06:47:57

Good morning from another very frosty Northampton. Am planning on braving the cold this morning and hopping on the bus to our little local retail park. I need a few things that Sainsburys couldn't oblige with yesterday. Shall have a coffee and cake in M&S cafe.

Managed very little yesterday, apart from catching up on my pile of magazines; am now almost up to the current ones.

Stay warm and have a good Friday everyone.

kittylester Fri 09-Dec-22 06:45:03

Good morning all from a freezing North Leicestershire where the dustbin lorry is making it's noisy way up the road.

Peli, lovely to see you, where are you, what is your weather like. Chances are it's cold. grin

Today, we have a roof man coming - with a house as old as ours, a roof man on standby is a must.

Burgerologist for tea - my appetite is back!

peli Fri 09-Dec-22 06:35:38

Good morning everybody!

grandMattie Fri 09-Dec-22 06:07:06

Good morning from a cold, cloudy E Kent. Couldn’t see the moon through the clouds.
Wasn’t it cold yesterday? More for the next few days. This is very unusual for Kent. Hope to have a bit of sun, though.pit seems unlikely.
The knitted Holy family was well received. Our little Spanish fiesta was nice. Thought we are few, it is a nice bunch.
DL finally made an appointment with the hairdresser today. A neighbour is taking her. I washed her hair again yesterday.
Still ones of the purchase, but both the estate agent and her solicitor are positive. All I can say is “Have faith, be positive”. It is exhausting!
May today bring comfort and joy to all. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

Michael12 Fri 09-Dec-22 05:53:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Dar, dry and cold outside here in brackley this morning.
Today, my last trip to Bicester today until 20th of the month .
I have one more appointment at my local surgery when I return from my breaks , the Colonial nursing team have requested for me to have a B12 injection as to the anaemic side of things and not a iron infusion .
Take Care,
Mick