Gransnet forums

Chat

There's no place like home

(79 Posts)
Juliet27 Wed 25-Jan-23 06:39:43

I feel the same as you two Australian grans which is a great shame as I’m in U.K. and both my ACs live in NSW. Maybe when weather improves here I’ll feel like gradually ‘forcing’ my way out of my own comfy bed.

notgran Wed 25-Jan-23 06:16:55

AussieGran59 what a shame you feel like this. We are so glad that we have had the freedom to travel restored and once we could, booked short breaks away and one big holiday last year. This year so far we are looking forward to 3 mini-breaks and have even booked a Christmas Market trip in December. Can't decide yet where to book our big holiday. Part of the enjoyment to me, is choosing places and looking forward to the trip. We rarely use travel agents and book our own choices. I hope you get your Travel Mojo back soon. I do love my home bit love just as much, trips away.

nanna8 Wed 25-Jan-23 06:12:43

One hundred percent agree with you there! I love going away on hols but it makes your own home and bed all the more attractive! I never sleep as well away from home, either. The memories of hols are often better than the actual thing I think.

AussieGran59 Wed 25-Jan-23 05:59:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.