Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 27-Jan-23 13:21:47

Welcome dear Kitcheners. Make yourselves comfortable. There is a tasty, virtually calorie-free buffet ready and waiting.

gillgran Fri 27-Jan-23 18:46:56

Oh lovely, a new cosy kitchen. Thanks for all the goodies, it's lucky that they are always calorie-free in here, as I tippled off that wagon over Christmas, still struggling to climb back on.......

Our weather is "less cold" this past couple of days. I do look forward to spring, we've lots of green shoots, (of spring bulbs), but no snowdrops as yet.

Warm thoughts for you all. x

brook2704 Fri 27-Jan-23 18:47:49

Hoping all is ok with your DH Jax
Good to hear your test is all over now blossoming and hope the results are ok

Grandmabatty Fri 27-Jan-23 19:10:21

Soop you have had such a lot to deal with. It seems so unfair. Blossoming that's good that the tests are over. You sound quite chirpy. Jax I'm another who hopes your dh is ok.
Dgs2 took his first real steps unaided tonight. Apparently he was very proud. I had been round watching him when dd took dgs1 to taekwondo and sil was at the dentist. He was a wee honey. Dd came back with a Big Mac for me as that is sometimes the boys' Friday tea. I haven't had one for literally years. I positively inhaled it. Tomorrow I probably won't post til later as I'm going to Glasgow to visit my friend in The Beatson hospital. As if two types of cancer wasn't enough, she's developed blood clots in both lungs. I'm being driven by another friend as I find motorway driving difficult with a developing cataract. It's very kind of her to offer but she's a difficult woman so I'll be biting my tongue there and back. Have a good evening Kitcheners.

BlueBalou Fri 27-Jan-23 19:11:07

Goody, another new kitchen 🥰
Notalot happening here, thank goodness, other than DH doing jury service- apparently all ‘done and dusted’ in 4 days, so my peace and quiet didn’t last long!
I have primroses and crocus out, daffodils in bud and my rose bushes are really greening up, somewhat early I fear. Thankfully there’s no frost forecast for the next couple of weeks.
I really need to get outside and start tidying but everything so sodden or rock hard, I’m hoping a few dry days will make a big difference especially if it’s breezy. I want to remodel my back garden, it’s bitty and scruffy so hoping my gardener neighbour’s will have some suggestions.
Love and hugs x

Ali23 Fri 27-Jan-23 19:18:48

Hello Kitcheners!
Love the new kitchen . It’s so warm and cozy and that banana loaf is sooooo tempting 😋. I raise my cuppa to you all. Cheers and thank you for your company ☕️

brook2704 Fri 27-Jan-23 20:07:21

Im just the same blue - can’t wait to get started with the gardening although we’re quite a bit later up here. Not much sign of anything growing yet except a couple of tiny snowdrops that we’ve got in a corner of the garden
Wow - a red letter day grandmabatty your DGS taking his first steps You’ll soon be running trying to keep up with him I expect! Safe travels tomorrow
We’ll done with your weight loss Urms you’re doing really well 👍

Jaxjacky Fri 27-Jan-23 20:07:58

MrJ feels a bit better thank you, he has a very infected cyst, the GP said if it had been tomorrow it would have been hospital.
Thank you Yia and brook

Jaxjacky Fri 27-Jan-23 20:18:29

Oops, new posts, thanks Grandmabatty I was chirpy with relief, MrJ kept saying ‘I’m fine’, I thought otherwise, as we do!
I don’t know which excited you more, your grandsons steps or the Big Mac 🙂
We’ve got frost forecast tonight blue, I’ll be sowing indoors very soon, no bulbs in flower, just some intention, full of promise.

Scapa1 Fri 27-Jan-23 21:17:52

Late popping in to this lovely new kitchen so probably no scones or banana loaf left! That might not be a bad thing as I desperately need to lose weight but being type1 diabetic makes this problematic. Fish and chips in the new air fryer for dinner tonight but not too happy with the results of the fish. It was a bit pale or peelly-wally as we say in Scotland. Will try again another time. Enjoy the chat for the rest of the evening kitcheners.

Grannmarie Fri 27-Jan-23 21:22:24

Good evening, Soop and lovely Kitchen people! I love the new premises, so comfy and cosy, and the home baking smells delicious, don't mind if I do! Thanks very much,
I had a good day with DGD. She is growing up fast, she'll be 12 in summer and off to the High School. She had some homework to do on her school ipad, then we went to the park with her electric scooter, it can go at some speed! It was her Christmas present. We enjoyed the afternoon and I made steak link sausages in onion gravy with mash and broccoli for dinner, one of her favourites. The fresh air had given her an appetite, she asked for more and ate nearly as much as her Papa!
DS1 came to pick her up early evening and I dozed off watching Richard Osman's House of Games.😴
I am going to join Soop in a small libation, cointreau and lemonade. Soop, your spirits are amazing after all you have been through, you are always so cheerful and positive.
Jaxjacky, I hope MrJ is on the road to recovery, thankfully he got help just in time to avoid hospital.
I feel very humbled reading of the many brave Kitcheners who have managed so well with serious illness themselves, or in the family.
TOYA, NNGB. 💕🙏

cornergran Fri 27-Jan-23 21:24:57

Thanks for the comfy new kitchen soop. My apologies, no goodies to bring. Cornerland is under a heap of pressure just now so I’ll find a comfy chair by the fire and relax a bit.

Sleep well everyone. TOYA

soop Sat 28-Jan-23 12:10:22

I am up and about. Have a few jobs to attend to, after which, I shall read through all your latest happenings. smile

soop Sat 28-Jan-23 12:12:16

Here is a blurry photo of a sparrow hawk that failed to snatch it's intended prey.

Grandmabatty Sat 28-Jan-23 13:14:18

Afternoon kitcheners. I have an anxious dgs1 here for an unexpected sleepover. Dd is very unwell. She's been sick and has dreadful pain in her abdomen. She has an appointment at the hospital out of hours clinic later this afternoon but it looks like appendicitis or gall stones. No hints of either in the past. I've taken dgs1 and the other granny has dgs2. Needless to say I'm very worried. My visit to poorly friend is cancelled for now.

soop Sat 28-Jan-23 14:14:56

Grandmabatty So sorry to hear that your daughter is so poorly. I've had both my appendix and gall bladder removed. It sounds more like her appendix is at the root of her problem. Please update us. flowers

Love to Mr Jax

soop Sat 28-Jan-23 14:21:36

Well done, Blossoming. smile

Urms I'm well impressed. sunshine

Baggs Minibaggs is a darling.
Your soup sounds delicious. Have you ever tried Tesco's Cranberry, Cashew Nut and Raisin Bloomer? It is perfect with a hearty bowl of soup.

Ironing awaits. I shall be watching an old b/w film as I dash away with the smoothing wotsit.

Back again later.

Grannmarie Sat 28-Jan-23 15:04:10

Grandmabatty, I'm sending love and prayers for your DD's speedy recovery, what a worry for you. Thank goodness she is being seen quickly. Poor wee boys, they must wonder whats happening, but they'll be well looked after and entertained by yourself and the Other Granny.💕🙏

Jaxjacky Sat 28-Jan-23 15:23:06

Grandmabatty that sounds scary, I hope your daughter is diagnosed and treated very quickly.
I changed MrJ’s dressing earlier, I’d never have made it as a nurse.

Charleygirl5 Sat 28-Jan-23 15:28:13

Your DD can rest easy knowing her 2 boys are being well cared for, especially as she may be admitted in an emergency. They may not understand what is happening but they are safe and well.

Although warmer it is still very cold. Heaven knows what happened to the forecast sunshine.
TOYA

dustyangel Sat 28-Jan-23 15:40:52

Thinking of you waiting for your DD’s diagnosis Grandmabatty. My DD had her gall bladder removed but further investigations for her continuing pain showed she had pancreatitis. The correct medication seems to have sorted it out. I hope you hear soon.

dragonfly46 Sat 28-Jan-23 15:42:45

I too hope your DD is seen quickly and treated Grandmabatty. Such a worry for you.

dustyangel Sat 28-Jan-23 16:02:35

Already this lovely new kitchen has a couple of pages for me to catch up on. I’m taking refuge in here while our house is taken over by football as we have son in law visiting for a long weekend. The rear window of the car was iced over when DH went to collect him at 9 o’clock yesterday morning! He’s bought sunny warm weather with him though and already the garden looks better than it’s done for weeks. I think the plan for tomorrow includes him climbing up to the skylight in our bedroom to treat it for mould as it gets condensation gathering there. Terrifies me although his job involves being comfortable with much greater heights.

Urms you have done tremendously well with your weight loss, especially considering all the temptations in your way while in your “happy place”. I don’t know exactly what orlisat is but the effort in resisting temptation is all down to you. Good luck for your weigh-in.

soop Sat 28-Jan-23 16:10:12

Okay! Ironing done. I'm knunkered. Have taken another photo of a bird of prey...so here it be.

Grandmabatty A caring group hug especially for you. flowers

Enjoy your evening, lovely peoples.

Until we meet again. smile moon

We've been invited out to lunch tomorrow. A surprise. Looking forward to spending time with good friends.

Yiayia4 Sat 28-Jan-23 16:18:14

Hope you soon get some good news of your DD Grandmabatty.

Grandmabatty Sat 28-Jan-23 16:35:15

Dd and sil popped in on their way home from hospital. She has gallstones and a ruptured eardrum. No connection! She has antibiotics for her ear and been told to go to the doctor if the gallbladder pain returns. She's feeling rather tender and shaky. Dgs1 was so pleased to see her as the wee scone was worried. He was fairly subdued this afternoon and kept asking about his mum. He's fine now and I'll keep him tonight to give her a chance to recover. Thanks for your kind words.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion