Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 27-Jan-23 13:21:47

Welcome dear Kitcheners. Make yourselves comfortable. There is a tasty, virtually calorie-free buffet ready and waiting.

Jaxjacky Mon 13-Mar-23 20:12:00

I’m groaning with envy brook at the obvious warm weather you’re enjoying.
We’re in Bristol, it’s rained and temperatures are going down for tomorrow.
Pleased about your mammogram llfl a relief, flapjack’s with cheese sounds ok to me!
May will be here in a trice Yia.
Enjoy your evening all.

Urmstongran Mon 13-Mar-23 20:47:57

‘Evening All’.

Goodness it’s wet and windy hereabouts. We’ve just eaten and are cosying down for the evening - in separate rooms ha! We like such different entertainment on our screens!

We took the Boy Wonder and L’il Miss to their swimming lessons after I’d made tea for them at their house. We won’t see them now till Friday night when we’ve been asked to babysit (hmm. This is becoming a fixed Friday ‘thing’). 😁
The ties are loosening with the grandchildren we are noticing. No longer needed as an extra pair of hands to bath, play with littlies. It gets easier for parents (in some ways anyway) as children get older and see to themselves. And, as we get older, that’s a blessing too. Nature at its best! A bit like just as a child gets too heavy to carry on the hip, they learn to walk.

soop of course you are forgiven. This is your kitchen and you can do as little or as much as you like in it. And LLFL wonderful reassurance for you.

Urmstongran Mon 13-Mar-23 20:49:53

Meant to say ❤️ your photos brook! Thank you for sharing.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 13-Mar-23 20:53:51

Hi friends, I have collapsed on the sofa watching University Challenge, not doing very well on the answers this evening,

Nightie Night 😘

brook2704 Mon 13-Mar-23 21:10:26

Thank you Urms , I’m looking forward to seeing some of yours from Malaga soon!

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 11:14:02

All the photographs shared in our kitchen are marvelous. The sunshine uplifts our spirits.

It remains blustery in Kintyre. The only snow fall thus far, covers the peaks of the mountains on the islands of Islay and Jura.

Mr Soop had his dressing changed yesterday. When he removed his cap, I couldn't refrain from laughing. He was wearing a protective white "bedcap" and looked like a character from a Charles Dicken's novel. Bless. smile

The long awaited support garment for the parastomal hernia has arrived. We have had to mark the position of the stoma. I now have to wash the garment and return it to the supplier. An aperture will be machine-cut. After which, it will be returned and I shall hopefully benefit from the support it should provide.

The friend for whom I'm painting the Collie dog portrait has left further photos in the local shop. Mr Soop is preparing to collect them. I am wishing to complete the painting today. After which, I shall share a photo with you lovely lot.

Thank you for being patient with me. I seem to be slowing down at an alarming pace. With a new kitchen being prepared for our next move, I will do my best to keep apace with your messages. You matter. You are very special. I says so.

annsixty Tue 14-Mar-23 12:08:03

A late only just Good morning.
I hope you get the help with your stoma that you need soop
Very distressing for you.
I was supposed to have a new cleaner start this morning. Having got up early and prepared myself I got a message to say she wasn’t well. Could she get in touch when she felt better.
I dithered and then messaged her to say no, I was disappointed and if she was going to be unreliable due to illness it was better to forget it.
Also she would have to walk as she doesn’t drive, it is about 15 minutes.
Also of course I have to provide everything, something I have not had to do before.
I felt very guilty when she replied that she is rarely ill , she doesn’t mind the walk, she walks to her other jobs etc.
To cut to the chase I have given her another chance, I hope I don’t regret it.
It is hailing very hard here and the lovely holiday photos are making me very envious but I have decided that foreign travel is not for me anymore although I love mainland Spain and the Islands but I have done it so must be happy.
Sainsbury’s delivery after lunch which will bring chicken thighs so a tray bake is planned, an easy meal once the prep is done.
Have the best day you can everyone.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 12:34:28

annsixty I applaud your change of mind regarding the cleaning lady. I would appreciate a cleaning lady to help me. Sadly not affordable.

Dear Mr Soop has said that I may share a photo of him wearing his night-cap. It has a knotted top. Sorry, I failed to make it apparent when I took the photo.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 12:36:54

Mr Soop has baked a delicious looking and smelling loaf. I'm about to eat the crust smothered in butter and Marmite. A treat!

Grandmabatty Tue 14-Mar-23 12:51:07

I'm taking a quick moment to say I won't be on much. My friend sent for me and I'll stay with her as long as she needs me. It won't be long I think

Blossoming Tue 14-Mar-23 12:53:09

I’m glad to hear Mr Soop is improving, love the hat grin. I hope the stoma support is soon finished and back with you soop and brings some relief.

So sorry you were disappointed annsixty, fingers crossed it works out for the best.

The weather here is switching between sunshine, rain, snow and hailstones. Very frustrating as I have a job I need to do outside. I will just have to be patient and keep an eye on the weather station.

Blossoming Tue 14-Mar-23 12:54:36

Crossed posts Grandmabatty, such a sad time x

Soop sounds delicious.

cornergran Tue 14-Mar-23 12:59:08

Very Dickensian soop smile. I’m more than pleased the support garment is almost ready to do its job. Any of that bread to share? Sounds just my sort of thing.

Back from a hospital appointment. A spinal procedure that has knocked me for six. It wasn’t as straightforward as it apparently is for most folk and was incredibly painful at one point. If it works (80% success rate) I can look forward to some pain relief in future. No plans now other than a restful afternoon under a heated throw. Mr C is happy to bring drinks on request. Couldn’t ask for more.

Hope that cleaner works out ann. I’d also have given her chance. If your area is anything like ours cleaners are hard to come by. We’ll need one whenever Mr C has his planned surgery and anticipate a struggle to locate one with space for us.

Our neighbours have taken off for three weeks in the sunshine. I’d love to do the same, sadly not possible but wouldn’t it be lovely for us all to have a restful time in warm sun.

Look after yourselves everyone.

cornergran Tue 14-Mar-23 13:00:20

Sending love grandmabatty. Please care for yourself as well as your friend. I’ll be thinking of you both.

annsixty Tue 14-Mar-23 13:03:01

Very sad Grandmabatty
I hope things are calm and peaceful for your friend.
You are a very good friend indeed.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 14-Mar-23 13:50:43

Sending (((hugs))) GrandmaBatty

soop hope your support does the job, and that Mr.soop is healed soon.

annsixty good cleaners are rarer than hens teeth here, if she turns out to be good hang on to her.

Carillion1 Tue 14-Mar-23 14:08:55

Hello dear soop, just calling in to headquarters to tell you I miss you and dear friends who might remember me and to new friends also in this wonderful place. Sending the kindest thoughts to Mr soop.
Very windy here in Brittany. The gales from Finistere are bitter but I’m sure nothing like the white stuff you are having to contend with. Love you 😘 from Cat in France

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:11:01

Grandmabatty Gentle hugs for you as you support your dear friend. flowers

corner What exactly have you had done to ease your spinal pain? Take things easy for as long as needs be. flowers

Blossoming Not so long ago, we had a terrific hailstorm. All clear. Sun is now shining. Funny old weather.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:13:36

*Carrilion1 *WELCOME! How lovely to have you back with us lot. I shall shortly be opening a new kitchen. Please visit us more frequently. It's been an age since you last joined us.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:17:41

The selection of Collie dog photos, picked up by Mr Soop, have confused me further. Depending on the age of the subject, together with whether the photo was taken in or outdoors, has added to the difficulty I'm experiencing with getting his true colour correct. What a palarva. wink

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:19:20

I have tidied our present kitchen. We shall be moving very soon.

We have a few extra comfortable chairs ready to be delivered to our next meeting place.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:20:04

I've also acquired new rugs and matching cushions.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:20:51

About to lock the door and open our new abode.

soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:22:18

There is a buffet. Gentle music playing in the background. Soft drinks AND Champagne. See you soon.

dragonfly46 Tue 14-Mar-23 14:22:31

Love the picture of Mr soop such a handsome gent. Hope your support comes soon soop.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion