Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 27-Jan-23 13:21:47

Welcome dear Kitcheners. Make yourselves comfortable. There is a tasty, virtually calorie-free buffet ready and waiting.

brook2704 Mon 13-Mar-23 19:51:53

Hope you have a wonderful holiday nannytopsy and enjoy every minute 😎
We’ve had another lovely day here, we wandered along the beach - just a little paddle Jax! and then up to Mojacar Pueblo. We sat in the sunshine and enjoyed a tapas lunch then back to the apartment this evening. DD2 send me a picture from home in Inverness this morning, she was doing the school run in the snow and ice, we’ve been lucky and picked a good couple of weeks to be away!
Good news on your test results Llfl
Take care Soop and hoping Mr Soop is better now
Won’t be long until May Yia 😎

Blossoming Mon 13-Mar-23 18:42:57

Good news re mammogram LadyLFL

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 13-Mar-23 18:05:07

Cheese scones!

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 13-Mar-23 17:43:33

Hello everyone. I hope you’re all having a good day. My day started well with a letter from the hospital letting me know that my recent mammogram was clear. Having had the other type of letter, I am always a bit nervous until I get the good news. Later a quick trip to Waitrose and then my friend’s house for Craft. Most of them were learning macrame. As my thumb is still very stiff I did knitting instead. Someone had brought flapjacks made with black treacle and a pile of cheese. This was all very delicious. OH is cooking tonight so I think we’re having a Charlie Bigham. Have a good evening.

Yiayia4 Mon 13-Mar-23 16:11:36

What a terrible thing to happen to your DD Baggs. Hope she gets plenty of counselling.
Hoping MrSoop is recovering well.
Have a great holiday Nannytopsy; so many lovely holidays and pics on here,we are looking to go to our beloved Greece in May.I think we will need a holiday by then with all the house buying and selling!
Of course you’re excused* Soop,* but make sure you don’t over do it.

Have a very pleasant evening Kitcheners.

Nannytopsy Mon 13-Mar-23 16:08:27

I am still sewing the new top I am making to take away …,

Jaxjacky Mon 13-Mar-23 15:20:51

Have a great holiday Nannytopsy 🌞

soop Mon 13-Mar-23 14:19:18

Baggs I am horrified to hear of MiniBaggs heartbreaking discovery. Those poor parents. How on earth will they be able to process the news.

My apologies to all our Kitcheners. I am well behind with every aspect of the to-do agenda. We were out all day yesterday. I have the pet portrait needing my concentration. There is a pile of ironing awaiting attention. I also need to alter a garment sometime this afternoon.

Am I excused? THANK you for understanding. You are amazing Gransnetters.

Grannmarie Mon 13-Mar-23 11:31:05

Nannytopsy, have a wonderful family holiday in Tenerife, enjoy the sunshine! ☀

hulahoop Mon 13-Mar-23 11:16:23

Hope Minibaggs and students are getting support for this tradgedy.
There are some lovely photos from far going places like you become we are hoping to book somewhere soon .

Blossoming Mon 13-Mar-23 10:59:40

Good morning dear Kitcheners, hope today brings some good news and comfort to the kitchen. The weather is much milder here so my seasonal aches, pains and stiffness are easing. I will pop back later for a catchup.

harrigran Mon 13-Mar-23 10:39:50

Long time since I ventured into the kitchen but wanted to say how sorry I was about Mini Baggs college friend. Mini will be traumatised and will need TLC. My thoughts are with her and her friends.
Thinking of the soops, been a difficult time.

Bellanonna Mon 13-Mar-23 09:47:16

soop I hope Mr s is on the mend. All that blood must have been a shock.

Bellanonna Mon 13-Mar-23 09:45:57

Baggs, that’s a terrible tragedy for Mini to have discovered. Shocking for everyone. The poor family, and all the college friends. I hope they are able to have some counselling

Naughtyneine Mon 13-Mar-23 09:32:27

I'm very jealous of all these holiday posts...DOH and I have promised ourselves that we will be booking one very soon. We thought it wise to wait a couple of months to let him settle into his new role ...so come May or June and we will be off.
I hope Mr Soop and chief nurse have had a more peaceful weekend and healing is well underway. (And for your daughter too Jax).
Baggs...what can I say...I hope minibaggs can come home to be with you soon and the love and care that only a Mother can give will help her get through these traumatic early days. My thoughts and prayers will be with her and for her housemate and their family too.
It's blowing a houli here today... Thankfully I had decided that this week a sort of mini spring clean would happen....well that's until the wind lowers and it stops raining then I'll hotfoot it to something more exciting like planting the tray upon tray of plants that have somehow found their way onto potting station (on it, under it,beside it and more) ooops.
I've set a challenge to clean out at least 2 kitchen cupboards a day ( I don't want to over excite myself 🤣). I really am not going to get the domestic goddess award anytime soon!!!!

Nannytopsy Mon 13-Mar-23 07:53:24

Morning everyone!
Hoping that everyone is continuing to recover , particularly both soops.
Poor mini Baggs. That’s something that will always be with her.
We join the holiday gang tomorrow, flying to Tenerife for a week. The packing is nearly finished then it’s a quick clean and an early night. We leave home at 4.30 😱
Hope everyone has the best day possible.

Grannmarie Sun 12-Mar-23 22:24:13

Good evening, Soop and lovely Kitchen people! 🥰

Aww, Soop, you and your lovely man have been through the mill lately. Hoping and praying that things are improving for you this week. Gorgeous GGC photos, what happy wee faces!

Glad to hear that Jaxjacky's DD is beginning her recovery, and that Annsixty's DGD is well enough to return to work. Best wishes to all recovering from procedures / illness.

Stunning photos, Brook and Blue Sapphire, thank you for sharing your lovely holiday experiences. I hope SueD is able to spend lots of time supporting her DS.
I'll try to attach my sister's photo of the green Chicago river yesterday, I tried earlier and lost my whole post🤣

Great to hear of Grans enjoying outings and family meet ups. DS1, DGS1 and DGranddog were here yesterday, then we in the evening we met up with DS2, DS3 and DDIL3 for a wee music festival they were involved in, fundraising for the local hospice. Great to see them all.

Urms, thanks for your recommendation, I'll give that a try. I'm a wee bit partial to James Norton and I do love a spy movie.

Baggs, what a tragic shock for Minibaggs, poor girl. I hope that she and the heartbroken family get all the help and support possible. Sending love and prayers for all affected. 💕🙏

I visited DSister1 this evening, her new baby granddaughter was visiting with her proud Mummy and Daddy. She is two months old now, coming on leaps and bounds. It was lovely to enjoy some cuddles with her.💕

Wishing you all a peaceful night, TOYA, NNGB.

cornergran Sun 12-Mar-23 19:59:46

Bristol seems to be a theme today. We travelled there to meet family for a celebratory brunch. Two teenager birthdays. Had to wander the Mall before we came back, would have been wrong not to grin.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

brook2704 Sun 12-Mar-23 19:33:51

Hope you have a lovely time in Bristol Jax, I’ve been there a few times and always enjoyed it
We’re in Mojacar now, we travelled down via Murcia this morning on the local bus network, just one slight hiccup in that I’d booked our two tickets online in advance but at different times. One for the 10am bus and the other for the 2pm bus - duh! I had to apologise and ask the driver if we could still travel together or did I need to buy another ticket? All this in my basic Spanish but thankfully the driver understood, took pity on me and let us both on the same bus 😀
Gorgeous sunny weather, a new apartment to stay in with a sea view and a tapas bar right next door 🍷

brook2704 Sun 12-Mar-23 18:16:53

Oh my goodness baggs what awful tragic news. I hope minibaggs and her friends have all the support they need. So sorry for the family ❤️

Jaxjacky Sun 12-Mar-23 18:09:55

Unimaginable Baggs a big shock for everyone.
Took daughter en famille to hospital for Imogen’s blood test this morning, why it’s not at the surgery any more, who knows.
An easy dinner, we’re off to Bristol tomorrow to meet up with a lot of MrJ’s family for a couple of days at Cheltenham. I’ll be wrapping up warm.
Enjoy your evening all.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-Mar-23 17:43:31

Just starting to cook dinner, have been a #lazygran , watched the last two episodes of Happy Valley and little else.

Hope MiniBaggs is ok🌸

Urmstongran Sun 12-Mar-23 17:29:10

‘Evening All’.

We’ve been out for a pub lunch. It was a nice change but the food wasn’t as good as we’d remembered. The prices were similar but my stepfather wondered if that meant the quality of the food had been compromised. Yes, probably. Ah well, it was a buzzy pub, warm, nice atmosphere. We laughed when Himself suggested it went to the back of the list now.

The Class Bear went to Total Ninja yesterday apparently for a jump around peli and off to the cinema en famille to see ‘Mathilda’. I think our daughter is glad he goes back to school tomorrow!

I forgot to post last night! I was so immersed in a film ‘Rogue Agent’ on Netflix with the divine James Norton (the baddy in Happy Valley). Highly recommend it to you all dear kitcheners. A great story, based on true life events, with no violence or gruesome scenes.

Baggs what a tragic shock for mini. That poor family. It doesn’t bear to think how they must all be feeling today.

Your cakes, as ever, sound totally fabulous LLFL. My mouth waters just reading about them!

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 12-Mar-23 16:31:28

I hope everyone has had a good day so far. I went to a tiny church two villages away. Fortunately I didn’t have to wipe bat poo off my pew for once. I baked a new recipe this afternoon - a Diane Henry chocolate cake recipe with olive oil, ground almonds, 5 separated eggs and lots of chocolate. I made two batches of chocolate fudge icing too. I am going to search for a vegan cake recipe - unless someone has one - as my brother’s partner is vegan. All the cakes I have made contain eggs and butter,

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 12-Mar-23 16:25:48

We never looked after the class hamster as we have cats. A friend did though and her cat ate the hamster! They managed to find a replacement, which I think was identical to the eaten one.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion