Gransnet forums

Chat

Tell something to GET LOST

(33 Posts)
VioletSky Fri 27-Jan-23 16:51:29

The cold can get lost. I've got chilblains on my toes, my joints are frozen and I'm just fed up with existing in a dressing gown.

The gap down the side of the cooker can get lost. It's a pain to move and I can see at least 2 teaspoons amongst the detritus down there that needs cleaning.

People who don't pick up their dog poo can get lost. Seriously why is it in the middle of the footpath?

People who drop litter can get lost. They must be within arms reach of a bin several times a day and it is no more effort than dropping it out of a car window.

What do you want to tell to get lost?

Fridayschild Fri 27-Jan-23 23:49:52

CanadianGran

Yes, the ads can get lost. Do you think Mumsnetters are getting adds for orthopedic shoes and stair lifts?

Oh I hope so! 😂😂

cornergran Sat 28-Jan-23 00:20:38

Thank you violetsky, I’m fine. Just the dignity hurt.

grandMattie Sat 28-Jan-23 06:17:17

Fridayschild

CanadianGran

Yes, the ads can get lost. Do you think Mumsnetters are getting adds for orthopedic shoes and stair lifts?

Oh I hope so! 😂😂

What a great idea. Add incontinence pads. Give them an idea of what patronising ads to look forward to!

Greta Sat 28-Jan-23 07:19:34

The visiting cards left in my garden by neighbouring cats can get lost. Along with our government.

Sara1954 Sat 28-Jan-23 07:27:31

SueDonim
I’m with you about the spiders, I hate this cold weather, it’s making me miserable, but I think it maybe killing off all the horrible insects.

Who I would seriously like to get lost at the moment is one of my colleagues who can never, ever admit to making a mistake.
No one is going to be cross, we all occasionally make mistakes, but she either shifts the blame to someone else, saying things like, don’t worry xxxxx we can soon sort it out.
Even when I confront her with the evidence, not in a nasty way, just I think you may have sent this to the wrong person, or something, and it’s absolutely clear that she has, she still BLOODY denies it!
I want to smack her (I won’t)
This fat tummy can definitely get lost, caught sight of myself sideways on yesterday, and was horrified, that has got to go

dragonfly46 Sat 28-Jan-23 07:30:45

The number of bags my DH has collected over the years. Apparently he needs every one of them although they never see the light of day.

Cornergran I think phones should be banned on the street!

Alioop Sat 28-Jan-23 07:43:02

My friend's mobile phone, she's never off it it. Our meet ups now consist of pics of her grandson eating, sleeping, bathing, crying, etc. She takes photos of everything she eats to put it in fbook. I know if I drop any more hints about it she'll huff and I could maybe lose a friendship of 40 years. It's just so damn rude.