Gransnet forums

Chat

Eventful Day…..told to f*** off

(104 Posts)
Kateykrunch Sun 29-Jan-23 13:37:51

In our local Town today, in a shop and passing behind a young man (30’s), so I could pass behind him, I said, breath in, he didnt move, so I thought he hadn’t heard me, so a bit louder I said excuse me, still no response, so I squidched past him, but tutted, he never moved, but told me to not f***ing tut at him and he had a really intimidating rant at me. Honestly, I thought I was being friendly saying breath in and my tut was a bit involuntary (perhaps his f***ing and ranting was as well). But, for a good few minutes I felt really scared and definitely wished I hadnt said anything. Its getting horrible ‘out there’ and could easily scare you into staying in, but after about 10 minutes or so, I felt less scared. Just need to get the event off my chest, thanks for reading.

VioletSky Tue 31-Jan-23 18:26:38

Phew

magshard20 Wed 01-Feb-23 11:13:12

On a visit to Nottingham a few years ago, walked through a shopping centre with OH, came to an exit, so opened door to walk through and a woman walked towards the door from the other side, I stepped back and said "sorry" to which she replied in an eastern european voice " sorry, you will be sorry b**ch" and stormed through. Must say it took me a while to recover, and the exit lead to nowhere so had to go back into the centre, but was wary about bumping into her her!! Both me and OH were pleased to get outside again.

effalump Wed 01-Feb-23 15:19:08

I hate to say it but the current child-rearing way of letting them do as they please without any discipline is leading to disrespectful young people. I think that's what we used to refer to a 'molly-coffling'. That's apart from the fact that a lot of youngsters would like older relatives to roll over and die so they can get their inheritence faster. I'd be tempted to leave my money to animal santuaries.