Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 1st February 2023

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 01-Feb-23 06:03:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark as usual but remains dry here in brackley this morning.
Yesterday was OK I went to see the Steven Spielberg The Fabelmans, and enjoyed it.
I also had a letter as to my operation I will be getting a pre-op phone call later this month from the hospital in banbury ,more later .
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBalou Wed 01-Feb-23 06:08:57

Good morning, good to hear your day went well Mick. Not long now until your operation, I hope everything goes smoothly.
It’s a dry start here in Wiltshire, I’m hoping to start doing a few bits in the garden, I have lots of bulbs needing planting 😊
I see that I have snowdrops, crocuses, primroses and tiny daffodils flowering, a very welcome sight!
I hope everyone has a lovely day x

grandMattie Wed 01-Feb-23 06:11:38

White rabbits 🐰🐇
Good morning from a still dark, dry E Kent.
It must be reassuring to get appointments for your operation, Mick. All the best.
I went to instruct the solicitor re. the house sale and was rewarded by a flood of paperwork, questionnaires and legal stuff. I haven’t a clue where to start. DH always dealt it’s that sort of thing, having been a “money man”. I shall drop into the estate agents for help.
I’ve got my keep warm knitting at Age Concern this morning. I must go through more of DH’s rubbish. Nthe problem is that a lot of stuff means nothing to me but my DC may well want it. Do I keep or throw away. Unfortunately, they don’t reply to my mails, DD is particularly bad.
I hope today is kind to everyone. Carpe diem

Whitewavemark2 Wed 01-Feb-23 06:31:27

Good morning from the South Downs.

This time in 1946 I was 6 hours old😄. So today we are celebrating by going to a rather smart restaurant for lunch then changing footwear and going for a walk to enjoy the air and birdsong, which I have noticed is beginning to ramp up for spring.

Enjoy your day everyone.

baubles Wed 01-Feb-23 06:39:47

Good morning Mick, morning all from dreich South Lanarkshire.

Good to hear that your operation won’t be too long now Mick.

Good luck with all the paperwork Mattie.

Happy birthday Whitewave.

I’m up early as I have to go to Glasgow for a first aid course. My back is still giving me trouble so I’m not sure how I’ll manage getting into the recovery position and I really hope the mouth to mouth model is on a table and not the floor. I’ll be the oldest person there by far and don’t want to look decrepit!

Have the best day possible everyone.

Ashcombe Wed 01-Feb-23 06:51:23

Good morning all from a milder Sarthe at seven degreees today.

Happy birthday, Whitewavemark2 and enjoy your day. It is lovely to see those early signs of Spring, BlueBalou. Here the daffodils are pushing through but no sign of buds yet. Let’s hope February weather is not too severe!

I recall the mountain of paperwork received from our solicitor when selling our home in Staffs, grandMattie. It makes one wonder what we pay them for!

Good news regarding your hospital appointment which suggests that your operation must be fairly imminent, Mick. On a related note (sort of) I hope the First Aid course goes well, baubles. I guess the reality is that a real live victim would probably be on the floor when needing resuscitation. I would struggle similarly so perhaps a conveniently placed chair would help you to get up afterwards.

Our kitten has toys but prefers to invent his own entertainment. Yesterday evening, he thought it great fun to remove washing from the airer to bring us. He started with a scarf of mine, about which I admonished him, so he opted for a sock belonging to DH, duly delivered to our feet. No doubt when he’s allowed outside he will progress to the remains of vermin, carefully laid on the front doormat to catch the unwary!

Happy hump day to everyone! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

cornergran Wed 01-Feb-23 06:53:40

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset is windy, forecast to have low cloud and glimpses of sun

Got very wet in fine rain yesterday morning, worth it as Mr C’s repeat eye test had a positive outcome. One concern off the list. A very full day included beginning a search for new flooring, who knew it was so complex, and a long chat with our friend who still is unable to independently visit her husband. They are both very miserable

Dust removal this morning and a long PPG meeting at the GP practice this afternoon. Hope I leave with less fear for the future than I did last time.

Good luck grandmattie. I’m the paper person here and know how Mr C would struggle if he were in your situation. A very happy birthday whitewave. Hope the sun shines for you. Sounds as if you now have some clarity mick, you’ll be able to prepare. Good luck baubles, please care for your back, we do need them.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

kittylester Wed 01-Feb-23 07:01:55

Good morning all from North Leicestershire where it is 6° and dry.

Our new cleaner is coming this morning to blitz the house before she and her colleague start to come regularly.

Many happy returns, Whitewave. Enjoy your lunch and walk.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 01-Feb-23 07:16:01

Pinch punch and white rabbits 🐇!
Morning all from a blowy sounding West Oxfordshire. I will be mainly baking and doing admin today. OH is going to a funeral around lunchtime. This evening it is a WI committee meeting which I’ll be taking notes at. Probably a spot of ironing at some point. Have a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 01-Feb-23 07:18:15

Morning Mick and all

White Rabbits 🐇🐇🐇 I blinked and January has been and gone!

My cleaning fairies are here today, I have the gym and the 7yr olds school is closed so Granny duties also.

Happy Birthday Whitewavemark2 🎂🥂

Had some sad news last night, hopefully some clarification later today.

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Beechnut Wed 01-Feb-23 07:32:16

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Here we are again at another pinch punch.

Happy Birthday Whitewave. Enjoy your meal and walk 🍷🎂🎉

It’s little warmer this morning. My brother when he came said he was tired so finished work early yesterday. We had a nice chat. After pegging out the washing yesterday I took a stroll around the garden to find I have a few bulbs coming up. Most of the garden looks a dead stalk mess 😩

Have a good day all and not long now until your operation Mick 💐🦩

SunshineSally Wed 01-Feb-23 07:41:25

Good morning Mick and all from a ‘can’t make up its mind’ south Hants!
Happy Birthday Whitewavemark2 🥳🥂🍾
The amount of paperwork is always frightening grandMattie - just tackle it bit by bit, you can do this x
Yesterday I did some baking - only chocolate butterfly cupcakes but I quite enjoyed it. Just as well as I need to make the banoffee pie tomorrow. Was going to try a pavlova - but forgot to buy the cornflour!
I’ve been invited to a ladies coffee meet this afternoon with some neighbours - DH is quite miffed he’s not invited!
Sobering news from the garage - apparently the SOS unit needs replacing as it was damp. So that together with removing/putting back the headlining etc will be approx £1300! Think once it’s been done I’ll trade it in … can’t be doing with these gadgets that you can’t turn off!
DH still complaining about feeling unwell - my telling him to make an appointment with the GP keeps falling on deaf ears!
Have a good day all. Thoughts to those that are unwell 🦩🦩🦩
🤗 and 🌻 for you all x

Susan56 Wed 01-Feb-23 07:43:41

Good morning from Shropshire.

I have another two appointments today🙄one at 9 and one at 11.DH is coming with me as he is worried I won’t find a parking place.I said I’m not worried and he said well I am!

We will hopefully fit in coffee and tea cake between the two appointments then we will go into town and hopefully tick everything off our list.

Happy birthday Whitewavemark2🥳🍾🥂

Sorry to hear you have had sad news GrannyGravy💐

Hope all appointments and meetings go well.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

karmalady Wed 01-Feb-23 07:45:46

good morning, s somerset will be dry and partly sunny. I did enjoy the afternoon sun yesterday, it motivates me to do some pottering in the garden

Just a hairdresser appointment today, just the usual good cut

an evolving day, it all depends on the sunshine

ShazzaKanazza Wed 01-Feb-23 07:45:54

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a windy Hull. It was a noisy night.

I’ve been up since 5 I couldn’t get back to sleep with this irritating cough. I’m supposed to go to the gym but I’ll see if I can be bothered I may do a yoga recording instead. Picking up GS from school this afternoon which is open today. He is special education needs so I’m pleased he’s not missing school he needs routine. DS will stay and have chilli when he picks him up after work.

Happy birthday Whitewavemark 🎉 enjoy your lunch and walk.

Wishing everyone a lovely day. Thinking of poorly friends and those suffering stress and worries. 🌻🌻

NannyJan53 Wed 01-Feb-23 07:47:16

Good morning from a slowly brightening Black Country, where it looks like a blue sky emerging. Wow February already, where does that time go?

Lovely day with Mum yesterday (outing with friend was cancelled). Took her to Pavers at a garden centre near Bridgnorth, where she found a lovely pair of blue shoes. Then lunch in DD's village where I rang SIL and he had just finished a job, so he joined us.

Gym shortly, then meeting my friend at noon for lunch out. She suggested we use the little shuttle train here to the pub, but I have just realised there are train strikes today, so I doubt the shuttle will be running.

Happy birthday Whitewave enjoy your special day flowers

Sorry to hear you have received bad news Grannygravy flowers

Realised I have not seen monk posting recently (fellow Black Country girl) hope all is ok?

Wishing you all a lovely day

Pittcity Wed 01-Feb-23 07:48:56

Good morning from a brightening, dry Colchester. Once again the forecast is for a high of 10° feels like 5.
We endure a cold, dark January and are rewarded with February!
Usual Wednesday coffee meetup in the city centre this morning and a supermarket top-up this afternoon.
Happy Birthday Whitewave cupcake and love to all 🦩 x

Wyllow3 Wed 01-Feb-23 07:51:52

Morning from a blustery and overcast S Yorks. The shed door banged open in the night, so it was out with wellies oat 3am.

I’ve a long-awaited fretted about Consultants appointment this morning for big TMI issues:

long taxi journey as parking it notorious at the hospital.

Unfortunately they dont anymore do scans the same day so tis going to be limited what I find out today, but an indication would be helpful.

Happy birthday Whitewavemark may it be the best it can and I’d also be leaning heavily onEsate Agent for support, Grandmattie. with every penny with a good ‘un.

ah, getting some DH’s to GP, not always easy SunshineSally

Marydoll Wed 01-Feb-23 08:00:47

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow, where it is 6 °C.

Good news about your op Mick and that you are being well looked after.

Happy birthday, WM. 🎂🎁🎉

Baubles, we once had to do a First Aid course in school, my dummy was called Sean Connery.
Popping into Tesco I was stopped by a parent, who asked if I was OK. Apparently, I had a ring of dark blue bruising around my mouth, due to being over enthusiastic with the mouth to mouth resuscitation. It took ages to go away.
To be fair, I was on steroids at the time, which always made me bruise easily.

GM there is no escaping the stress of house selling and buying.
Would a phone call to your DD be more successful than an email?
DH and I had a session going through everything, especially passwords, bank accounts etc, just in case either of us becomes incapacitated.

Yesterday, I had a call from the Professor's secretary regarding my appointment. There was no record of the GP's promised email., despite the secretary trawling through her emails from the last fortnight. Not surprisingly, I felt let down again!
She was very kind and explained that the waiting list was very long, but a visit to A&E ,two referrals to cardiology and a quick deterioration, without any action, was worrying.
She said she would contact the professor on my behalf.
The NHS is indeed failing some people.

Yesterday evening, we received a call from the plaster, (he has a slot today), before starting a big job and is coming to repair the kitchen ceiling, so I need to stir myself and get up.
He needs to replaster the whole ceiling, to hide the large repair. 😭 I shall hide upstairs.

For all in the sick bay, I hope you have a gentle day and for those with plans, enjoy!

Gingster Wed 01-Feb-23 08:02:25

Good morning all and we have bright skys here in Essex.

Dh was going fishing today but he’s not feeling great. Last night he went to footie with ds1 but they came home early.🤔.

Little gd ‘s teacher is not on strike , so school is on for her. She’s delighted as she loves school.

I made some peanut butter cookies last evening in the air fryer - only 3 ingredients - very tasty!

Good luck with all appointments, visits and general busyness.
A lot for you to do GM - get help where you can.

Happy birthday Whitewave. Have a lovely day.🎈🎂.

Hope your sad news isn’t too bad GG.🙏.

Wishing you all a ‘good’ day. 😉

Georgesgran Wed 01-Feb-23 08:04:23

Good morning from Durham. After another wild night, it’s still very windy this morning. Like SSSally I am carless and dreading the bill – it’s got to go. Luckily DD2’s school isn’t closed so I don’t need transport today. I’m actually contemplating buying a new car, then getting what I can for my current car from one of those car buying companies.
Happy birthday WWM2
Hope MaryD is feeling better.
Best wishes to all. X

Marydoll Wed 01-Feb-23 08:04:48

Good luck, Wyllow.

GrannyGravy, 💐

Grandmabatty Wed 01-Feb-23 08:11:25

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 5° and damp but not actually raining as the sky is clear. Yesterday we had humdingers of showers. Mick good that you have your operation date. Grannygravy sorry to hear that you have had bad news. Susan a busy day for you ahead.
Yesterday was such a good day. I had a lovely time with the boys. Dgs1 was very well behaved at nursery and very proud to tell me so. His teacher agreed so that was all good. Dgs2 walked seven or eight steps in my house and then he called me Gaga and touched my arm. Apparently he's been calling for Gaga at home but dd wasn't sure who he meant. It's a small thing, but it made me very happy. His wee personality comes out more when his big brother isn't around.
Today is my recovery day! I will wash the floors and the living room window as both show evidence of small children. A chicken casserole for dinner I think. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Wed 01-Feb-23 08:12:45

Happy birthday WWM and good luck Wyllow. I meant to say in my post!

Susan56 Wed 01-Feb-23 08:13:46

Good luck at your appointment Wyllow💐