Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday 13 March

(65 Posts)
grandMattie Mon 13-Mar-23 05:27:37

Good morning from a very stormy E Kent. As usual, this is not accompanied by rain. We seem to have a sort of magnetic repulsion to rain…
I had a very quiet day yesterday. Church at 8, then the rest of the day was mine.
I hadn’t read Saturday’s paper, then extraordinarily found a whole series of articles that would interest DD, from Bristol zoo, now closed, to perennials to plant in her garden for year round colour.
DD now calls me every Sunday on her way to her town centre church to officiate at the evening service. Poor Iris is to have a load of molars out as they never calcified properly and are crumbling. I think they are removing her matching permanent teeth at the same time, as they are not forming properly either.
My car is being service this morning, the Bishop is coming for a cuppa this afternoon and DD is arriving late this evening.
May you have a quiet, contented day. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩❤️

Pittcity Mon 13-Mar-23 08:00:27

Good morning from windy Colchester. It's already 12° and the heating hasn't clicked on for the first time in forever. Rain and wind is today's forecast.
Pottering today and looking at spaces in the garden to make a list.

Happy Birthday Maw 🎂
Love to all 🦩x

Marydoll Mon 13-Mar-23 08:03:16

Good morning all from a very wet Glasgow.

A very early start from you GM, thank you for opening up.

Birthday greetings to Maw. I hope you have a good day.

Good luck Ash, I had an echogram done in hospital recently, it's always a bit of a worry, until you are told the results.
That was a bonus of being so unwell, all the heart tests were done immediately, without waiting for appointments.
Every cloud......
After comparing with previous one, much to my relief, it was found that the damage to my heart wasn't as bad as feared.
Mizuna, its entirely painless and doesn't take long. I hope it helps with a diagnosis.

Yesterday was a very quiet day. A visit from DD and SIL, who had bought me a fakeaway Chinese cookbook and nothing else done.
I have been plagued by severe headaches for weeks, so much of the day was spent doing nothing. What a waste of a day.
I still have it today.

I wish you all a pleasant day and best wishes for tomorrow Corner

monk08 Mon 13-Mar-23 08:03:49

Good morning all from a very wet Black country, rain nonstop since midday yesterday.
Need to go to post office but will wait to see if the rain stops, they are closing it down at the end of this week it will be missed such lovely staff.
DH has his fishing AGM this evening so I've an empty, will continue with my book.
Happy birthday Maw🎂💐
Hope all medical procedures go well, virtual hugs where needed. Enjoy your Monday and may you all find some ☀️.

ginny Mon 13-Mar-23 08:04:53

Good morning all .
Happy Birthday Maw as you said it is a bit blowy around these parts.
Not venturing out far today, so house jobs to do and an on line art class this evening.
I will pop down to the surgery in the hope of getting a fairly quick appointment, it’s quicker that trying to ‘phone for one.
Hope today is kind to all and healing thoughts to those who are poorly.

Grandmabatty Mon 13-Mar-23 08:13:31

Mizuna that all sounds wonderful, particularly the gooseberries. I'm very fond of them. And I would love your ponds

Jaxjacky Mon 13-Mar-23 08:19:43

Morning from a blustery S Hants.
Good luck with medical procedures Ashcombe and corner. Iris has a tough time ahead gMattie, she’s very stoic.
We’re off to Bristol today for a few days at Cheltenham, meeting up with nearly all of MrJ’s family
I’d paddle brook, in and out swiftly!
Enjoy your day all 🦩🦩

Grammaretto Mon 13-Mar-23 08:24:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's cold and raining.
I called on DMiL yesterday. She was at home for her birthday. My DS and DGS, several nephews and nieces called too so a good chance to catch up over tea, cake and champagne.

Happy birthday. Maw. I hope you are spoiled wine
Sorry for Iris gMattie sad
I am glad that you will be nearer to her growing up.
Have a pleasant Monday whatever you are doing

Wyllow3 Mon 13-Mar-23 08:31:02

Happy birthday Maw and oh I wish I were there Bluebelle its where I've always wanted to go.

Here in S Yorks our huge snowfalls have mainly melted, quite a few people locally will get out and about for the first time judging by the snowed in cars even yesterday. I missed local Quakers yesterday although there was a Zoom to go to.

Feeling feak and weeble but will try and go to the gym.

Very bests with procedures and appointments today, and enjoy meets and family.

Alygran Mon 13-Mar-23 08:36:56

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s wet and windy. Off to the village walk today. We are starting out at Masham, the home of Black Sheep beer.
Happy birthday Maw
Sorry to hear about Iris. She has a lot to contend with.
Hope all the appointments do well.
Have a good day everyone.

karmalady Mon 13-Mar-23 08:47:24

Good morning, stormy, wet with bright white sky today in s somerset

Happy birthday Maw flowers

This evening I will prep for a good drying day tomorrow, washing has built up so I will set a timer on my machine for the first and slowest load. Today, just keeping my house in order and knitting a sleeve. I had planned to go out for a drive but I shall forget that. At least this is proper early-march weather

Georgesgran Mon 13-Mar-23 08:52:29

Good morning from Durham, where it’s wild and wet. A lovely weekend with the DDs and DGSs - Newcastle really is a vibrant City.
Today, I must visit Virgin, who ‘appear’ to have lost my money, as it’s not showing on their App!
Coffee this afternoon with one of DH’s old friends - I’ve been so busy (and a bit poorly) recently that I’m sure he thinks I’m just putting him off.
Must catch up with BF later - I owe her for our holiday, if Virgin can locate my lost money!
Best wishes to all. X

MawtheMerrier Mon 13-Mar-23 08:53:07

Update - happy granny! Just had a phone call from the younger Brum grandchildren en route to school, singing Happy Birthday.
If only they knew how little it takes to bring us joy!

EkwaNimitee Mon 13-Mar-23 08:58:33

Good Morning Everyone from bright, showery and very windy Carlisle. The latter woke me up in the night briefly.
I soon gave up the idea of some gardening yesterday, the wind got up and by lunchtime it was raining. I got down to some serious and very tedious admin instead. What is left now is to make a decision on my BT contract. I must also chase the garage re the part for my car. If they have it, I'll probably go out there, if not, I'm staying firmly in!
Today, housework and a little laundry and I still have some of the weekend papers to finish off.

I'm really sorry to hear about Iris, I hope it won't be too bad for her and that she'll cope with it.

Happy Birthday Maw, enjoy the day.

And wishing you all a pleasant day.

luluaugust Mon 13-Mar-23 09:03:35

Good morning from a windy W Kent. A day in today I think, plenty needs doing, I had some plans but they can wait.
Happy birthday Maw
Best wishes to all

Urmstongran Mon 13-Mar-23 09:03:55

No Matt = Monday.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It rained hard during the night. It’s just damp out now. Himself goes for his penultimate Vit.B12 injection late morning and I will join him in Starbucks downstairs on his return. We are taking the Boy Wonder and L’il Miss to their swimming lessons and they love it when we arrive at the school gates with 2 warm Gregg’s sausage rolls for the walk round the corner to their house!

Himself has just made me a second mug of tea and I’m going to read all your posts now. Let’s hope Monday is a good day. x

Sar53 Mon 13-Mar-23 09:14:01

Good morning from a very windy Essex by the sea.
Happy Birthday Maw have a lovely day.
DH has just been to see the nurse for his diabetic check, he has to go back this afternoon to see the doctor for the results of his recent blood tests and x-rays.
I have some admin to do and washing and vacuuming, what fun.
Have a marvelous Monday everyone and don't get blown away xxx

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 13-Mar-23 09:29:55

Good morning all from blustery Harrogate
Poor Iris. She has a lot to contend with GrandMattie
Hope your procedure goes well*Cornergran*.
Good luck with your echo scan Ash
Watched church online, though Utube tried very hard to make me watch Riverdance which I would probably have enjoyed! Found bits in the attic that I have been looking for including a school exercise book of DDs when she was in the same class as DGD. It might give DGD food for thought!
Today is my telephone day, maybe do some cleaning in between calls
Have the best day possible folks

Marydoll Mon 13-Mar-23 09:33:45

Watched church online, though Utube tried very hard to make me watch Riverdance which I would probably have enjoyed!.

Gwen, I have the same problem, but it's the next episode of my Turkish drama, so much more enjoyable! wink

Taichinan Mon 13-Mar-23 10:02:56

Good morning everyone from a very wet and breezy Angus coast. Judging by all the posts, it's nationwide. I feel so sorry for my lovely gardener and his wife who have taken a cottage for a week on a lochside near Ballachulish (between Glencoe and Fort William ish). The scenery round there is breathtaking - but not in this weather 😢.
Thoughts of those having warm sunny hols in Spain and S Africa!!
Happy Birthday Maw. You sound to have had a lovely celebration so far, with that phone call from the DGC being the icing on the cake. Enjoy the rest of your special day. I remember when mine used to do that, but the mind picture of my long haired and bearded 6ft 5 30 year old grandson doing that now brings a huge grin to my face!!
So sorry to hear that Iris is having to go through more trauma grandmattie - how much more 'bad stuff' can she take. She's a little trouper and I'm glad she will soon have her granny nearby for more support.
Mizuna that sounds like small market garden! No wonder you're itching to get back to it.
Wyllow - feek and weeble is new to me. Love it! I'm assuming it means something like 'washed out'. If so I hope you feel less of it soon.
Nothing to report from here. It's a batten down the hatches sort of day, with a week of the same forecast. Thank goodness for tai chi tomorrow - always cheers me up.
Have the best day you can everyone x

Annapops Mon 13-Mar-23 10:04:35

Good morning from a damp and windy County Durham.
Wishing the birthday girl the happiest of days and yes, just the simplist of things can make us feel full of joy.
So sorry to hear about Iris too*gM*, so hard for her and the family too.
Lovely photos Georgesgran, but it's so sad to see the Tyne Bridge in such a sorry state close up. I was shocked when we drove over it last week to wander around Ouseburn. It is in desperate need of repainting.
Mentioning Ouseburn, what a hidden little gem for anyone who has not explored it. We came upon this weird and wonderful contraption on our walk. Don't think the owners have sailed it for quite a while 😉!
Have the best day you can everyone.

Grandmachrisy47 Mon 13-Mar-23 10:06:07

Morning from a windy, damp Co Durham. Why does it always rain most heavily around school hours? Got soaked on the 12 minute walk with dgd.
Happy Birthday, Maw. Have a lovely day.
Good luck to those with medical appointments and issues today.
Lovely pictures of Newcastle, Georgesgran, with a corner of the Sage creeping in. We do have some beautiful buildings both ancient and modern here in the North East.
Thanks for the picture of Ushaw, Annapops.
Off to start house cleaning before Fridays visitors.

hulahoop Mon 13-Mar-23 10:14:11

Happy birthday Mawsounds like a good time was had.
Good luck to all having tests .I am out for lunch with a friend today and a good catch up.It's very windy here the types of day when you don't know what to wear.

harrigran Mon 13-Mar-23 10:21:58

Very late good morning from the NE where it is dry but very windy and 11 degrees.
I woke at 2.30 and put ear plugs in, woke again at 5am with the wind buffeting the bedroom window then slept until after 9.30 I know I am not going to sleep tonight.
Quiet day yesterday, watched Fall and one or two other programmes before throwing all good intentions out of the window and having pizza for my Sunday dinner 😳
Happy Birthday Maw, have a good day.

Blossoming Mon 13-Mar-23 10:49:09

Good morning everyone from a damp, grey Preston. It’s been raining on and off and it’s much milder at 10°C. I have put some clean clothes away and bunged the towels in the tumble dryer to finish off, they were almost dry from hanging in the warm kitchen overnight. I reckon that’s 3:spoons used so far Marydoll including folding which kills my shoulder. I have now had my shower and am going to read the thread.

Happy Birthday Maw 🌹

GrannySomerset Mon 13-Mar-23 11:07:37

After a run of bad nights I overslept this morning so I have been catching up ever since. A book group this afternoon and a Zoom P CC this evening, so not too demanding a day. Hope today goes well for everyone.