Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 14th March 2023

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 14-Mar-23 05:59:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight start but dry ,with signs of wetness on the ground here in brackley.
After a few days in Harrogate relaxing etc, I did meet up in the hotel with Gwen and Hubby Richard on Saturday .
Hotel wise dinner times offered a carvery option .
Today, a trip into Bicester hoping I do not sffer with breathlessness .
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Tue 14-Mar-23 07:50:42

Good morning from Shropshire.

We are off to Staffordshire today to collect our lovely B from school.I drive there and DH drives back.As there has been so much rain and snow there is a lot of flooding on our route so I will have to go on the motorway.It’s a quicker journey but not as enjoyable, no lovely views and lots more traffic☹️

Grandmabatty, H had a bad day at nursery a couple of weeks ago.DD was really upset but the next day he was back to his charming self.I am sure your DGS will be fine today.

Mary I can feel your disappointment at not being able to surprise the grans at the meet up💐Also we used a local dealer for our car service last week.As well as the convenience and a good job done the price was a pleasant surprise.

What a shock mizuna.Hope today is a better day for you.

Safe travels to olddudders and all on the move.

Welcome back mcs💐

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Taichinan Tue 14-Mar-23 07:53:20

Good morning Mick and all. So glad you enjoyed your Harrogate trip and meet up with Gwen. Mizuna what an ordeal for you yesterday- I hope you're feeling a bit better today. Your house and it's position sounds lovely.
Multi I'm so sorry flowers. I'm glad you have support - it's such a hard, hard time. Ash sorry the outcome of your tests wasn't as good as hoped - but it's lovely that your DH will be with you for a few days. Have a lovely cosy restful time together.
I was awake at the crack of dawn this morning, I know not why. So I just got up. The sun is now shining on the hills which seem to have more snow on them - beautiful to look at ....... I'm off to tai chi soon, my new-to-me class. I'm going to enjoy bringing them on so that they gain as much as they can from performing this lovely set of slow gentle movements.
Other than that I shall just hope the sun is still shining when I get home so that I can find a sheltered corner to soak up it's rays. After an awful 24 hours of battering rain this is much needed!
Enjoy your days as best you can everyone x

Grammaretto Tue 14-Mar-23 07:53:37

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Light snow here. Minus 2°c.
I'm looking forward to my trip today for the Glesgu Grannies meetup.
Sorry that Marydoll Kalu, brook and grandmabatty won't be there this time.

Glad you had a good break in Harrogate Mick
Sorry your medical results weren't brilliant Ash but so long as you can still do most things and see DH again soon.

I'd better get a move on!

Susan56 Tue 14-Mar-23 08:06:48

Ash, I’m sorry your results weren’t as good as you would have wanted.💐

Liberty Tue 14-Mar-23 08:10:13

Hello all and good morning from a wet Suffolk. H

Haven’t had time yet to read your posts but shall enjoy doing so over a second cuppa.

I had a really lovely long weekend in London with my school friends,the main activity being hours and hours of conversations ranging from a little about how very different our education at our grammar school was….careers advice for university subjects…..what’s that? to catch ups about our families and future plans.

We realised we are all so lucky to still have our DHs which at 77 must be quite a privilege.

As well as putting the world to rights over several glasses of wine( not all at the same time) we visited the British Museum and were really impressed with the new roof and alterations which none of us had seen before.

We had tickets for the new Hockney exhibition held at the Lightroom behind Kings’ Cross station. Hockney himself gives the commentary and since we all are Yorkshire born and bred we particularly enjoyed that plus amazing moving visuals around the 4 walls and floor sometimes showing his use of camera,iPad and paintings. Very different but very well worth seeing.

Keeping the Sky garden and Dennis Severs house,both of which we all want to visit,til our next London jolly in November.

I have some admin to do today and lunch at a local pub with DH. We were to go yesterday after he collected me from the train but I missed the one I was due to get because of a 25 mins delay on the tube at Farringdon….an obstacle which turned out to be a mattress on the line! So no time.

I hope all have a pleasant day and those with worries find some comfort.

Greyduster Tue 14-Mar-23 08:16:18

Good morning, Michael and welcome home! Glad you enjoyed your few days in Harrogate and met up with friends. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire today. I cleaned all the inside windows yesterday so the sun might actually be able to get through😁! I bought some elastic shoelaces for my walking shoes so I’m going to give them a try. If they help me to go “all terrain” I will be delighted. If not, back to being patient and sticking to paths.
Thinking of Corner and her med appointment today. 🤞🏻
Have the best day you can, folks.

Marydoll Tue 14-Mar-23 08:19:18

Well I'm back safely.

DH cleared the drive and my car and followed me to the garage, where I even got parked outside!
It was stress free, which was a bonus. I don't cope well these days with hassle.
What a difference from the drive to the dealership in rush hour.

It's started to snow again, I hope it doesn't lie!

Safe journey Grammaretto, we will just have another meet up soon and find a date to suit all the absentees.

Stilllearning Tue 14-Mar-23 08:22:42

Morning from Connel where it’s minus 6 and very snowy. I’m setting off soon for the bus to Glasgow with 🤞. Apart from wanting to drop into the Glesca Grannies meet up I foolishly didn’t bring any extra meds so home I must go! I never usually do that, old age definitely creeping up!

Wishing everyone a good day🦩

monk08 Tue 14-Mar-23 08:24:21

Good morning all from the Black country where the sun is shining long may it last.
Welcome back Mick glad you enjoyed your break and how nice to meet up with Gwen and her DH.
What a fright Mizuna but good that all results clear take it easy.
Good to see you Multi
Hairdressers today and little else planned.
Enjoy your day whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

notgran Tue 14-Mar-23 08:32:31

Harrogate, one of my very favourite places and hopefully we will be there this August. I am trying to keep my spirits up as I am waiting for an urgent hospital appointment, which I should hear about this week. So! I have booked 2 swimming exercise classes for tomorrow and Thursday and have started to decorate the house for Easter. A tenuous Harrogate connection, the window blinds in Betty's Harrogate, are the same as the wallpaper in our dining room, shown here in the pic of my Easter decs so far. Will try to find some more things to keep my mind occupied to-day.

luluaugust Tue 14-Mar-23 08:40:10

Good morning from a grey W Kent. Off to visit a friend this morning and then a U3A meeting this afternoon, a very full day for me now hope I can stay awake.
Multi so sorry to read your news and glad you have some support.
Mizuna glad the results were all clear.
Marydoll pleased you are back safe and sound.
Take care everyone

Kalu Tue 14-Mar-23 08:42:01

Good morning all from a sunny, lightly snow covered Glasgow.
Just noticed, it’s snowing again.

Cause for a little celebration yesterday as DH made his first phone call since his OP last year. Nothing short of a life changer for him and I am delighted he has achieved this hurdle.
Clinic check up later which I will be going to with him later today.

So disappointed I won’t be meeting up with the lovely GNetters who make up the GlescaGrannies group, every meet up is a tonic. Next time🤞

Welcome back MCSS 💐

Best wishes to all for a good day.

Gala Tue 14-Mar-23 08:42:48

Good morning from a bright & sunny Sefton. What a change from yesterday. And some of you still with snow. Oh the vagaries of the our British weather.
Back to my morning exercise classes today after far too long a break. That "cold" lasted weeks. No planned plans for the rest of the day.
Must make a move to get some washing on & take advantage of the sunshine which has at last moved round to the back garden & the washing line.
Take care all.

hulahoop Tue 14-Mar-23 08:49:36

Morning from a bright west Yorkshire.I had a lovely afternoon with my friend although we got drenched the wind and rain was horrendous .have a good meet up ggs pity you can't go marydoll.

GrannySomerset Tue 14-Mar-23 08:57:52

Supermarket shop this morning and I think some rigorous clothes sorting this afternoon. I have far too many, most of which are too small, and nothing ever looks nice so I need to take myself in hand. The local charity shops will be pleased

So sorry Marydoll will miss the meet up, delighted that Maw had such a good birthday, and thinking of Cornergran and hoping for a good outcome. Hope everyone has a satisfactory day and that after this week the weather remembers that it’s spring.

hollysteers Tue 14-Mar-23 08:59:57

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast
My DF had a nice stay. We had an Italian meal, I gave him the rest of his birthday presents and we made enquiries about a trip to Salzburg in July. The weather here was atrocious. I find ‘hostessing’ rather tiring…
Today to dentist, another appointment. Rather strange, it seems there is a foreign body in my gum. A tiny sharp point was evident yesterday and with my tongue I dislodged it. Heaven knows what it is.
I will go along to the music club but leave early for the dentist.
Glad you had a nice trip Mick and the reunion, hope things improve Ashcombe and thoughts to anyone with worries.

aggie Tue 14-Mar-23 09:01:05

Good morning from a clouding up Co Armagh, looks like rain isn’t far away , at least I hope it’s rain and not snow !
I am caller no 10 in the queue for the Doctor, bad night with a UTI , So hoping for a prescription , if it snows the road between here and the Surgery is very slippy !
I’m sure the ladies at the meet up will miss you Marydoll , better in the summertime

Annapops Tue 14-Mar-23 09:09:18

Good morning all form a much brighter County Durham.
Not much happening today other than some packing for a trip to the Lakes tomorrow. It's our wedding anniversary this week and we usually visit somewhere different to celebrate.
We'll collect 3 DG from school. We've been involved with childcare since DGS2 was a baby and then continued until we had 3 under fives for two days a week. DH helped a lot, and still does. I can still recall those days of pushing pushchairs through parks, sandy beaches, museums, play centres, and recall just how exhausted we were when the children were collected.
Like you Grandmabatty we would have days when there would be the odd tantrum from one, if not all three on occasions. Those times seem like a dream now and I ask myself "How did we do that?"
Today I'm teaching GS2 how to play chess, our second practise session. We have pirate ships and a castle for GD2 to complete. Between that and having their tea, time should pass fairly quickly before they are collected at 6.
Enjoy your meet up "grannies in Glasgow". thanks for mcss.
Have the best day you can you gentle folk. X

dragonfly46 Tue 14-Mar-23 09:15:12

I was brought up in Leeds and did my uni dissertation on the growth of the Spa of Harrogate. I spent many a happy hour there doing research there but it has to be one of the coldest places in the UK. There is a wind tunnel through the Pennines.

EkwaNimitee Tue 14-Mar-23 09:17:03

Welcome back Mick and good morning all from cold sunny (at the mo) Carlisle. We had a brief sleet shower earlier and there may be more...
Yesterday I drove over to the car dealership to have my spare parts put on the car. One was the wrong one for my aged 3 year old car, it was for the latest model. It will be back there again today or tomorrow I expect.
Today I'll have good clean up in the kitchen and maybe some ironing. I also want to get my head around some developments I fancy in the house. I just don't enjoy the business of finding a suitable tradesperson and then the disturbance of having the work done.
After that, possibly a new book, I don't think it's gardening weather today.

What a disappointment for you Marydoll, missing your meet-up. It sounds as if you are being thoroughly policed and wouldn't be able to sneak out even if you felt like doing so!

And Mizuna, no more alarms for you today, I hope.

Wishing you all a good day.

Wyllow3 Tue 14-Mar-23 09:19:55

Sunny south Yorks - lovely.

Hope it helps terrain wise Greyduster

I'm probably going to the gym and have a counselling Zoom later.

Sorry to hear your newsAsh and the very bests for poor lies. Lovely to read of trips; may the day be kind to us all.

Anniebach Tue 14-Mar-23 09:45:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Blossoming Tue 14-Mar-23 09:48:22

Good morning everyone. It’s 4°C and raining here in Lancashire. Today I need to tidy my sewing stash and hopefully start on clearing a low cupboard. The latter depends on how my back feels, I may need to sit on the floor. Have a good day all 🦩🦩

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 14-Mar-23 10:00:28

Good Morning all from bright and sunny Harrogate. You must have been here at a bad time Dragonfly there are plenty of places round about that are colder!
Marydoll why don't you arrange to phone one of the Glesca Grannies on FaceTime or Messenger then you can "Be there" briefly anyway? You will be there anyway in spirit I am sure.
Mizuna what a fright you must have got, good you are just chilling today.
Good to see you back Multi sorry about your lossflowers.
Sorry your echo scan didn't give you the results you wanted Ash, but at least they will know where to look if a problem arises?
Thought I had nothing doing this morning apart from making coffee and finishing my shopping list and baking, but DH has just dumped a lot on me, so e everything may not get done. I have hairdresser this pm to get my wild locks tamed!
I'm always delighted to meet up with a visiting granny if they have time during a stay in this lovely town.
Have the best day possible folks