Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:25:17

Here we are again
Happy as we can possibly be
ALL GOOD Friends
And jolly good company.

Welcome. smile flowers brew wine cupcake

Jaxjacky Sat 25-Mar-23 19:15:00

You sound rejuvenated Blossoming long may it last.
soop,good day for you too, apart from the ‘support’, sounds horrid.
Well done Nannytopsy wish us luck for our Monday night quiz.
Very industrious brook we’ve got oven f&c with mushy peas (drop of Worcestershire sauce).
MrJ cut thé back grass and tipped old grow bags into the raised bed, getting ready. Daughter’s car dropped back and she’s fine driving it with her solid splint, that’s me off school run.
Enjoy your evening all.

SueDonim Sat 25-Mar-23 20:37:20

Well, isn’t that just the best news, Blossoming? You must be spending the weekend on a high, especially if you have choo-choos to look at! smile

Mr Soop sounds such a dear man, Soop. Giggling is infectious isn’t it? My ds2 and I had a fit of the giggles on the flight from back from the US last week. Embarrassing but we just couldn’t stop! 😂

Surely you’re never too old for an Easter egg hunt, Brook? Along those lines, when a young friend got married she and her groom threw wrapped chocolates out of the car as they drove away from the church. All the old ladies who were waiting outside to see the bride suddenly forgot their aching limbs, bad backs and corns in their effort to elbow the children out of the way so they could grab as many sweeties as possible! grin

We’ve spent some time with our dd and the GC this afternoon, having not been able to see them earlier this week due to all of them having norovirus. It was lovely to see them, I’m sure they’ve both grown in the three weeks since I last saw them. Unfortunately, dd is now on her way to hospital with GS as he’s developed some breathing problems this evening. I suspect he may be asthmatic like his sister but it’s not been diagnosed as such because he’s only 18mths.

The NHS 24 system is appalling. She waited on hold for 45minutes then decided to drive him to A&E because she didn’t feel it could wait. They refused to see him because they only treat injuries and not illnesses at weekends! A different bit of the hospital has now said they’ll see him but she’s having to wait outside in the car, all the while looking in at an almost-empty waiting room. It’s madness. hmm

Blossoming Sat 25-Mar-23 22:41:43

Thanks all, I am feeling uplifted, it’s been a difficult time, not helped by Covid, but we got there. Hope your little GS is OK SueD

Naughtyneine Sun 26-Mar-23 08:37:02

A quick dive in to say.. lovely news Blossoming...I hope it's an onwards and upwards now too.
I'll be back later with a bit of news and a photo!!!!

SueDonim Sun 26-Mar-23 13:15:37

Thank you, Blossoming. A wee update. GS was eventually seen by a doctor who said dd was quite right to bring him in, as he has a nasty chest infection. The Dr was also appalled at the NHS 24 debacle. Dd says she’ll call 999 if it happens again.

GS slept all night and is eating so that’s an improvement. smile

Blossoming Sun 26-Mar-23 13:26:58

That’s good news, thanks for the update.

Grandmabatty Sun 26-Mar-23 15:16:24

Suedonim that's good to hear. Fingers crossed that he continues to improve. Blossoming good news from you too. I'm home from a short visit to my friend's partner. I think I'll have a nap as I didn't sleep at all well last night. Chicken curry for dinner.

brook2704 Sun 26-Mar-23 15:28:36

Your poor DGS SueD, hoping he’s feeling much better soon, thank you for letting us know
We’ve been having snow flurries on and off all afternoon so not really got much done in the garden, I think I’ll give up now and stay in. This morning I had a lovely video catch up call with DS in Switzerland, always good to see him and hear his news. It’s still the skiing season over there so he’s going with his partner to St Moritz at the end of next week. That boy certainly knows how to live it up!
Hope you can sleep a bit better tonight grandmabatty, take care 💐

Jaxjacky Sun 26-Mar-23 15:41:41

Pleased your grandson has been seen SueD May he recover quickly. The one time I’ve used 111, online produced a much quicker response than phoning.
brook Imogen is off next week skiing in Austria with her school.
It’s only just stopped raining here, so nothing done outside, beef in red wine is simmering in the slow cooker, pub at 5 for the meat draw, then an evening with Grace.
Enjoy yours.

soop Sun 26-Mar-23 16:20:48

SueDonim I would also like to send the best healing vibes to your grandson.

Grandmabatty A gentle hug from me to you.

I've had a bithee day! Decided to empty the wardrobe. Have at last given it a thorough dusting and sorting. Do any of you lovely lot have any suggestions regarding reaching garments on the top rails? I dare not use the steps. I fear losing my balance. Mr Soop reaches items down on my behalf. However, I would prefer to manage doing so myself.

The sun is shining brightly. Mr Soop is gardening. I told him to take good care of himself...or else there will be trouble. wink

The washing machine is beeping. After emptying it, it will be time for a refreshing brew. Later...a wee dram. Another excuse to raise a glass of cheer to my favourite Gransnetters. We restrict alcohol intake to Friday, Saturday and Sunday mid-evenings. Mind you, we also bend the rules on birthdays and anniversaries.

Much love to you all. I shall join you again tomorrow. smile moon

brook2704 Sun 26-Mar-23 16:33:55

Hope Imogen has a lovely time skiing Jax!

Grandmabatty Sun 26-Mar-23 17:23:44

Jaxjacky I hope Imogen has a fabulous time

cornergran Sun 26-Mar-23 17:24:49

Good news sued. A relief all round.

Sorry soop, can’t help. I’m a tall bod, never any problem reaching up. Down on the other hand is different grin.

Nothing to report from here. Quiet day, unfortunately the spinal procedure has left me with considerable difficult to manage pain.

More matters medical tomorrow. Mr C has audiology first thing and the Heart Institute with its travel challenges late afternoon. What would we do without these medical appointments to fill our time? grin.

Take care everyone.

Naughtyneine Sun 26-Mar-23 19:23:58

SueD... That is good news...eating is always a good sign too.
Soop there are some hangers that you can get that sort of unfold on themselves. I'll try and see if I can find them for you.
Cornergran... I'm not sure where you are in Somerset but if I can help with transport I'm happy to do so.
I said earlier I had a bit of news...well see attached photo of the latest addition to our family... Meet Finlay...Finn for short. Most Mums get flowers for Mother's Day...I got a puppy. He is a cross Springer/ Labrador....a Springador. He is 8 weeks old. The resident dogs are not overly impressed at this stage. I think dog no 1 expression says something along the lines of..you b.....s how could you. If he wakens me up at 3am my look to DOH will be similar. !!!!!

Grandmachrisy47 Sun 26-Mar-23 19:43:20

Naughtyneine, how adorable is he?

dustyangel Sun 26-Mar-23 21:04:16

Naughtyneine, a lovely pup but I really love the expression on your older dog’s face grin

dustyangel Sun 26-Mar-23 21:07:23

Did they know in advance that that you would willingly take on a puppy?

Naughtyneine Sun 26-Mar-23 22:10:24

Dusty..Not me or the four legged housemates were expecting him...but he's most welcome to join the love that we all share here...

Ali23 Sun 26-Mar-23 22:15:03

He is a beauty!
I’m sure dog number 1 will forgive you eventually 😊

Grandmabatty Mon 27-Mar-23 14:09:50

That is a beautiful dog Naughty. Cornergran I'm sorry to hear that you are still in pain. Hopefully it'll settle down soon.
I have dgs1 with me now. I picked him up from the nursery as he wasn't feeling well. So a dose of Calpol and a mini magnum for him. Dgs2 has fortunately gone for an extra nap so it's quiet and peaceful here at the moment 🤞

brook2704 Mon 27-Mar-23 14:31:34

What a beautiful puppy naughty, so adorable and what a lovely surprise gift too
Hoping your DGS1 is feeling better very soon grandmabatty, I think a mini magnum might just do the trick.
I could do with one myself as I’ve been feeling a bit ropey since yesterday evening, very tired, lethargic, coughing and feverish so I did a covid test and yes that’s what it is… so I’m dosed up on paracetamol and sat on the sofa reading. Such a shame too as it’s a beautiful sunny day here, ideal to be out in the garden but no chance!

Grandmachrisy47 Mon 27-Mar-23 14:40:58

Snap, Grandmabatty, I’ve just collected dgd from school as she wasn’t feeling well. Thought she was very quiet when I walked her to school this morning. She’s had a dose of calpol and is now sleeping. An excuse for me to do nothing 😀

Grandmabatty Mon 27-Mar-23 14:44:15

Brook I'm sorry to hear that you have got covid. Lots of fluids and rest. GrandmaChrisy sympathy to you. Dgs1 is playing at trains and seems better. His colour was poor earlier but he's not unhappy. I hope your dgd gets better soon too

soop Mon 27-Mar-23 15:24:56

Naughtyneine Finn is gorgeous. I like the expression on your other dog's darling face.

soop Mon 27-Mar-23 15:58:05

Brook Listen to your body. Rest is the best way forward. flowers

Grandmachrisy I may not have welcomed you to our kitchen. On the other hand...I may have. Anyway, I wanted to make certain. smile

corner Our calendar suggests that we get out and about a lot. Truth is, nine out of ten outings are to hospital appointments. wink
I hope that your husband's "outings" are successful.

Our great grandchildren have had poorly episodes recently. High temperature and listlessness. One in particular had shortness of breath. Good wishes to our Kitcheners who are helping to care for poorly children. I trust that the worrying symptoms are short-lived.

Another gloriously sunny day in bonnie Kintyre. The birds are busy collecting nest building material. Their antics put a smile on our faces.

Our granddaughter's 34th birthday is very soon. I must away to write her card. The postal service appears to be returning to a more settled routine. Although a parcel and greetings card posted to our address (weeks ago) never did arrive.

smile moon

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion