Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:25:17

Here we are again
Happy as we can possibly be
ALL GOOD Friends
And jolly good company.

Welcome. smile flowers brew wine cupcake

hulahoop Fri 26-May-23 16:40:07

We have been out and about shopping for food.I have been looking for some comfy sandals to wear with dresses no luck so far .It's been a lovely day here ,I have just done some strawberries to have after tea they smell lovely.

Grandmabatty Fri 26-May-23 16:43:35

Soop I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell. Being shattered isn't good. I'm feeling a bit exhausted myself. I think everything is catching up with me! Housework, washings done, ironing done, bedding changed and floors washed. Rooms all cleaned. A visit to mum later then a steak casserole for dinner. Have a good evening Kitcheners.

Blossoming Fri 26-May-23 17:01:01

Good afternoon all, I slept much better last night, belly seems to have settled down. It’s a beautiful day here. The new oven arrived just after 9am, the old oven was removed and the new one fitted in no time at all. I thought it would be much more complicated.

Been out for a walk around the Marina, enjoyed a naughty cake in the coffee bar! It will be something light for tea. The hedges are full of wild roses after the recent sunny weather.

Good news re the portrait soop, but not good news about another health wobble.

Have a pleasant evening all.

brook2704 Fri 26-May-23 19:55:03

Sorry to hear you’re feeling shattered soop hope things improve a bit soon and try to rest as much as you can

It’s been a bit cloudier here today but still very warm. DH was at the hospital first thing for his pre op assessment as he’s awaiting knee replacement surgery. Hopefully it won’t be too long a wait. I was at the gym for a couple of classes and then a trip to Tesco. I was really lucky and won a bottle of sparkling wine in the raffle at the gym so that’s just been opened - I’ll share it with you all 🥂

Lovely picture Blossoming and hope your new oven is good

Take it easy grandmabatty you sound very busy!

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 26-May-23 20:25:54

Hello everyone. I’m sorry to hear that you’re under the weather Soop.
I’m back in Kew for the weekend.The traffic was appalling! A lane closure on the M4 and huge problems in Kew. Elder son and his partner took over 4 hours to get to Norfolk for the wedding they are attending. Anyway it is lovely to be back with my granddaughter. We went to a toy shop to spend her tooth fairy money and then to a favourite cafe for smoothies and chocolate cake. My daughter and younger son are coming tomorrow to join in the fun. Lunch at Pizza Express and a wander round Kew Gardens. Have a good evening.

SueDonim Fri 26-May-23 20:53:42

Thanks, Nannytopsy! That’s a cheap enough remedy. 👍

I’m sorry you’re not quite right Soop and I hope the dr. can help.

Another busy day today, with my friend visiting and also wrangling with GS at the same time. Then when we took him home his elephant got left here so I had to come back and find it and return it to him, otherwise no sleep will be had all night. Then a quick dash to Tesco for vittles for ds2 & family and a sprint into B&Q for a hose pipe so we can water the garden. I managed to fit in bed-changing and bathroom cleaning round this, too.

I’m worn out now but still have to do our PT session before we can go to bed! Then tomorrow we’re off to dd1’s again to look after the children while they attend a wedding. Ds2 will be here by the time I get back. It’s all quite dizzying!

Take care, everyone. Xxx

soop Sat 27-May-23 12:43:37

Dear Kitcheners, there is a plant and bake sale in the village starting at one o'clock. Although we have no need of more bedding plants, we do need a couple of good size shrubs. So, early lunch and away we go.

I shall pop into our kitchen when we return. We may need to open our new gathering place sometime this afternoon. I have the key. A virtual buffet is ready and waiting. Rest assured, no one will be left to wander aimlessly. grin

Hiraeth Sat 27-May-23 13:00:48

I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful,weather it’s arrived here in Germany so I’m „ out and about „ this afternoon going for a walk round the lake . No time for baking or cooking today I want to enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts !
Glad you’re back on your feet again * soop* sounds like a lovely village sale.
Enjoy the day everyone . Doesn’t blue sky and sunshine make us happy 😎

soop Sat 27-May-23 15:28:14

I totally agree, Hiraeth. Blue sky, sunshine, the air filled with birdsong and a garden that is a mass of blooms. All good stuff.

The village sale was a near sell-out. Very little cake remained by the time we arrived. We did buy some apple cake squares. The plant stalls were doing brisk business. We bought a number of plants that will fill two very large terracotta pots. I also fell in love with a substantial and striking cactus plant.

I popped in to check on the status of our kitchen. The computer took an age to engage. I see that we are not yet ready for the new kitchen. I shall however check again later on.

Blossoming Sat 27-May-23 16:14:32

Good afternoon dear Kitcheners. It’s very hot here and busy with visitors=attending a teddy bears picnic at the railway museum so didn’t stay out for long. We retired to the garden and have been attempting to identify the pond wildlife and general pottering smile

Tea this evening will be things from the fridge with tortillas and various sauces. I love super hot sirracha, Mr B thinks I’m mad!

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 27-May-23 16:35:28

Hello everyone. Another busy day in Kew. Daughter and younger son turned up for lunch with their niece and me. They have now taken her to Kew Gardens while I continue trying to shake off the cold which I caught when I was here last week! Have a good evening.

Nannytopsy Sat 27-May-23 16:43:51

I’m supposed to be ironing in front of the rugby final but I just sat down for a minute or two. 🤣
It’s hot here too, so I shall finish weeding the lowest tier of the ”hanging gardens” once there’s more shade. We are away for a couple of days from Monday and I want to do more planting before we go. Photos later.
Keep up the good work girls - those deckchairs won’t sit in themselves!

Charleygirl5 Sat 27-May-23 16:57:09

Another beautiful day here again. It is so lovely being able to hang clothes outdoors and my selfish neighbours have not had a BBQ for ages. They have been known to have one around 12 midday without having the decency to warn me. Admittedly they would have to trim the mini "field" and I doubt if that will happen anytime soon.

Tomorrow is apparently going to be another warm day- I can live with that.

soop Sat 27-May-23 17:06:46

Hello again, dear peoples. I have a few garden photos to share with you. Here goes.

soop Sat 27-May-23 17:10:45

and a few more...

soop Sat 27-May-23 17:13:59

final three...

soop Sat 27-May-23 17:16:12

I am away for a while. I won't log off. I shall return before bedtime to open a new kitchen if needs be. smile

I shall raise a glass of cheer to you all at 8:30 sharp.

mrshat Sat 27-May-23 17:19:27

soop what a magnificent garden! I am just 'green' with envy. A lot of very hard work has obviously been spent in keeping it thus. Well done to both you and your wonderful "Mr Soop". Look after yourselves flowers

brook2704 Sat 27-May-23 19:16:43

What a truly beautiful garden you have soop it just looks so green and peaceful, well done to you and mr Soop it must have taken such a lot of hard work! 🪴 🌼🌸🪷🌾🍀

Hiraeth Sat 27-May-23 19:34:14

Your garden is a place of tranquility soop the hard work was worth it .

Grandmabatty Sat 27-May-23 19:38:43

Soop a beautiful space and clearly well looked after. I'm just home from visiting mum. She was much brighter and talked for over half an hour. She also was really kind and asked about my friend. Mum isn't known for her kindness! All in all a positive visit. The health care workers have been marvelous and updated me as soon as I set foot on the ward. They've been so kind to mum. I appreciate them very much. Steak and potatoes for a lateish dinner. Have a good evening Kitcheners

brook2704 Sat 27-May-23 19:45:00

Grandmabatty sounds like a better visit to you mum, so pleased for you

Nannytopsy Sat 27-May-23 19:54:12

Glad you had a better visit GrandmaB.
I was pleased with my garden efforts until I saw soop’s photos! There are three tiers here, rising from the patio, so its all very visible.

soop Sat 27-May-23 20:40:26

You lovely lot are the best pals anyone could wish for.

I am about to wander over to our new kitchen...see you there very shortly.

soop Sat 27-May-23 20:42:12

I have a number of extra chairs to add to our new kitchen. Something comfortable to suit all tastes. One last look around. Farewell present kitchen. Thanks for the memories.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion