Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 16th March 2023

(70 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 15-Mar-23 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight and dry here in brackley at the present moment .
Today ,an easy day with cycling on TV later ,and maybe laundry catch up plus a small shop early as well.
Health wise , I seem to feel as though I am improving as to being breathless and a steady heartbeat.
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 15-Mar-23 07:46:08

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It’s damp out but seems mild enough. Himself goes for his final Vit B12 injection this morning then we shall see how he goes. I wish I were more like you Mirzuna without a worry gene.

Our teacher daughter is on strike today. I’m not sure this is doing any good but I don’t say anything. So far it’s cost her hundreds of pounds in wages they can ill afford. The Boy Wonder and L’il Miss haven’t missed any days out of their little school.

Glad to hear you’re feeling easier Mick. It’s easy to get the day/date wrong occasionally I expect! Actually I wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t told us. Huge disappointment for you Ashcombe. Yes, I can well imagine the curiosity about your set up with olddudders! As they say ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’. 😊 Beautiful flowers!

cornergran Wed 15-Mar-23 07:50:09

Exactly what I’ve commented marydoll, a procedure I’d not agree to again. When I emerged Mr C said he’s never seen me look so pale. The consultant did apologise, said she’d needed to ‘dig around’. Hmm. Just hope it works!

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 15-Mar-23 07:50:25

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. It is the monthly U3A lunch today. It will be held somewhere we’ve never been before, but it has good revues. A final sort out this afternoon for tonight’s WI AGM. OH has an AGM too, for his Shooting Club. I suppose it’s that time of year. But, whereas we have managed an AGM the last few years, even on Zoom, OH’s Shooting Club haven’t had one for three years. I had a nice chat with my sister in Australia last night. She and my niece are looking forward to their visit next month. My brother and his partner are also coming. Fortunately there is an AirBnB in the village as I haven’t room to put them all up! Have a good day.

Gingster Wed 15-Mar-23 07:53:18

Good morning all and yes, it’s frosty but bright here in Essex .
Dh has planned to go fishing after having breakfast with his two old school pals.
I have an eye test booked. They say ‘allow 2 hours’ 🙄.

BlueBalou your (D)H 😂 sounds much the same as mine. 😤.

Sar sorry to hear you have overwhelming anxiety. The meds should make you feel much better. Always remember GG and I aren’t far away and will always have time for a coffee/lunch if you’re in need of a cheerful chat. 💐☕️.

* Marydoll* I’ll tell my DD about the vitamin C as her blood pressure is always high.

Hoping you all have a ‘good’ day. 🌷

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 07:55:22

cornergran

Exactly what I’ve commented marydoll, a procedure I’d not agree to again. When I emerged Mr C said he’s never seen me look so pale. The consultant did apologise, said she’d needed to ‘dig around’. Hmm. Just hope it works!

That was me too! I thought at one point I was going to pass out. Never again!

ginny Wed 15-Mar-23 08:00:01

Good morning,
DH has just gone off to golf and
I’m looking forward to meeting eldest “DGS ( 20) for lunch today. Will be lovely to have him to myself for a few hours.
Hoping all who have health issues can find some relief and wishing all a good day with some sunshine and smiles.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 15-Mar-23 08:17:33

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull a frosty misty Hull.

Today I’ll be picking up GS from school and again they are open. Urms my sons partner is a teacher and today she is going in but she has been out on strike. I can’t talk about it with her.
Matt is so funny this morning.

Cornergran I would have been awful with the back procedure. When I had my one and only epidural my BP shot through the floor and I fainted causing all sorts of panic.

You are all so busy today. Mizuna love the photo.
Marydoll so pleased you managed to join in with the Glesca Grannies.

Take care everyone 🌻🌻

dragonfly46 Wed 15-Mar-23 08:17:40

Good morning from a very frosty Leicestershire.
Pilates this morning then maybe a trip into town.

So sorry OldDudders didn’t make it Ash. Interesting that they are having strikes in France as well.

Tough times for you Grandmabatty flowers
Corner hoping you procedure works it sounds horrendous.
Marydoll I am not allowed grapefruit or pomegranate with my meds.
Wishing everyone a good day.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 15-Mar-23 08:18:47

NanaDana are you new on here. It sounds lovely where you live. X

Sar53 Wed 15-Mar-23 08:19:39

Thank you for the advice Marydoll. I now take 2 medications for my blood pressure but as I told the doctor I believe the anxiety is a big factor in the raised pressures. Hopefully all medications will now make a difference.

Grammaretto Wed 15-Mar-23 08:19:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Frost on the grass and droopy daffodils. When are we getting our Spring back?

A fun day out in Glasgow yesterday. Sorry you could only join on video Marydoll
We must do this again when it's warmer.
The blizzard on the M8 was a bit too exciting.
I left my phone on my final bus but a woman came running and shouting after me to give it to me. Aren't people kind.

Today I am having lunch with a colleague of DH who is going to take some archives and use them for teaching purposes. DH would have been so pleased. Together they rediscovered the Polish Map of Scotland and started the restoration process. The Map is now literally on the Map.
www.mapascotland.org

Well done gMattie you deserve champagne every day

I am sorry DH didn't make it back yesterday Ash but glad you found a home for the tickets.
I'm very glad your break did you so much good Mick
Hoping everyone has some joy today.

Liberty Wed 15-Mar-23 08:20:04

Good morning from a very sunny and frosty Suffolk. Such a pretty combination..

Not up long and DH just making a second cuppa. I haven’t had time to read your posts yet and will do so after my keep fit class which starts in just over an hour…so must get a move on.

Hope today is a gentle one for all especially for those with worries or illnesses.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 08:25:22

Dragonfly, it's a bit of a minefield, isn't it?

I'm allergic to many of the antibiotics and now I find I cannot have one of the alternatives with my heart meds.

Always best to check with your GP, of course.

Stilllearning Wed 15-Mar-23 08:27:01

Morning all from very frosty S Lanarkshire. A really lovely get together yesterday with the Glesca Grannies, it was most enjoyable and a surprise video call from Marydoll put the icing on the cake. At one point it looked as if the snow on the road from Fort William was going to prevent the arrival of my connecting bus at Tyndrum, but eventually all was well.

Talking of cake, it’s my happy birthday today and I’m looking forward to taking one to our exercise class to share when we have our post class coffee. Later on a meal at a favourite Italian restaurant with DD2 and family. I’ll see the others over the next few days which is so nice.

Thinking about Grandmabatty at this difficult time, and wishing everyone the best day possible.

monk08 Wed 15-Mar-23 08:34:53

Happy birthday Stillearning🎂🍷💐
And welcome NanaDana👋 dont recall seeing you before great news about your friend.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 15-Mar-23 08:40:20

Happy Birthday to you Stilllearning 💐

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 08:41:27

A happy birthday from me too, Stilllearning!!!

luluaugust Wed 15-Mar-23 08:44:48

Good morning all from a sunny W Kent, plenty of frost on the roof tops.
Off to see a local friend this morning and see how her house move is going along, she would sympathise with all the getting rid of stuff gM.
Happy birthday Stillearning
Welcome *NanaDana
Best wishes to all

EkwaNimitee Wed 15-Mar-23 08:46:38

Good morning Mick and everyone from chilly bright Carlisle where it was -2C a short while ago. Things are due to go downhill weatherwise later I gather.
Yesterday I went back to the garage and had the right 'bit' finally fixed to the car. The dealership seems perfectly satisfactory here so I think I will permanently transfer my custom to them rather than drive back down to the family dealership that has serviced and provided our motors for so many years.
After lunch I spent an hour in the garden digging out the demised shrubs and making a start on putting new ones in, working away in pleasant sunshine. I went in for my afternoon coffee break and sat inside basking in sun so bright I had to pull the blinds down. Result---within 5 minutes it clouded over and became really dark. Then we had over 2 hours of sleet and snow which has partly thawed now.
Today a bit of housework and admin and maybe that ironing which is still looking at me. There's also plenty of reading to catch up with.
I'm sorry to hear Olddudders could get over Ashcombe. Let's hope things settle down over there before the next time.

Have the best possible day all.

dragonfly46 Wed 15-Mar-23 08:51:05

Happy Birthday Stillearning.

baubles Wed 15-Mar-23 08:52:16

Good morning all from cold and frosty South Lanarkshire.

Good to hear that you’re feeling better Mick.

Thinking of you Grandmabatty.

That procedure sounds awful Cornergran!

Sorry you had to miss the ballet Ash, hope your DH manages to get over soon.

Happy birthday to you Stilllearning, have a lovely day. cupcake

Yesterday’s meet up was lovely, so good to see so many Gransnetters in person as well as Marydoll on screen.

Yarn group this evening so I’ll have to get a few more bunting triangles crocheted today, I’m not as productive as many of the women.

Wishing everyone the best possible day.

Grammaretto Wed 15-Mar-23 08:52:24

Happy birthday stilllearning 🎉🥳 congratulations 💐
You kept that quiet yesterday xx
Glad you got home safely.

GrannySomerset Wed 15-Mar-23 08:57:01

I know it’s driven by necessity, gMattie, but I am in awe of your ruthless efficiency and wish I could emulate it. Your are such an example in so many ways.

Glad the meet-up went well with its on-line important guest, and I have enjoyed the reports of outings and birthdays. Today I have singing this afternoon but nothing else planned. Thoughts with Grandmabatty at such a difficult time.

Taichinan Wed 15-Mar-23 09:01:08

Good morning Mick and all. Sunshine out of a cloudy blue sky, and plenty of snow on the far hills to be seen from my little eyrie on the Angus coast.
So sorry olddudders couldn't travel, Ash, such a disappointment for you both. The flowers are lovely though!
That's a super photo Mizuna!
Tai chi was it's usual lovely self yesterday, but the highlight of the day was DD saying that she and DGDs 1 and 3 are coming here on Sunday and bringing lunch with them! What a lift to the spirits that brought, along with a huge increase in energy levels. I don't really mind living alone - I find myself good company 😉 - but I suppose it makes family time so much more prescious.
Today I shall take my friend up-country again for lunch. I've given her other options, but she loves this particular place, so that's that. I do worry about taking her out as she is becoming more and more infirm, and very quickly, and is a very large and heavy lady who I just wouldn't have the strength to lift up should she take a tumble. Don't get me wrong, I love our weekly outing too - good company, good food and beautiful scenery! - and will be sad when it has to stop. We are the last two left from our little art group of six. For 23 years we met here each week to paint together, and then latterly to just natter over tea and cakes. Happy memories.
Now I had better move from my cosy chair by the radiator looking out to sea. The tide's on its way out - which is not as interesting as watching the trains, Urms!
I hope all of those recovering from nasty medical 'events' feel better today and that everyone enjoys whatever the day brings - hopefully plenty of warm Spring sunshine x

Beechnut Wed 15-Mar-23 09:04:22

Happy Birthday Stilllearning, have a lovely day 🎂🎉