Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 16th March 2023

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 15-Mar-23 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight and dry here in brackley at the present moment .
Today ,an easy day with cycling on TV later ,and maybe laundry catch up plus a small shop early as well.
Health wise , I seem to feel as though I am improving as to being breathless and a steady heartbeat.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 15-Mar-23 06:07:02

Good morning from a still dark E Kent. The birds have been singing their little hearts out for a good hour.
It good to learn that you are feeling better, Mick.
I had an exhausting day sorting things out. We found a charity that’ll take almost anything; it supplies families with the necessary “anything” to startup a home. Who better to give lamps, bedding, crockery, etc., to?
More packing, sorting, talking…
I received a frantic phone call from the estate agent asking why “l had refused to exchange contract until I had a date for my purchase”. A load of tosh! I rushed to the solicitors who showed me I had signed everything I needed for everything to do with the sale. It turns out that someone had decided that. I had always said that there should be no chain. Anyway, all sorted, contracts exchanged, all systems go. I am still homeless though.
We’ve been through boxes, cupboards, files, etc., and shredded any number of things.
DD has been wonderfully supportive - showed me how much I miss that sort of thing.
We had DGS and Philip’s girlfriend to dinner. Champagne all round a) to celebrate DGS forthcoming 19th birthday, and the sale of the house…
Hygienist this morning, more sorting before DD leaves this evening.
I hope that MD feels better today, and you all have a contented day. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Michael12 Wed 15-Mar-23 06:08:14

Should be the 15th not 16th,
Mick

Mizuna Wed 15-Mar-23 06:08:42

Good morning from a very still, dark, rainy south Cornwall. So glad you're improving, Mick. Yesterday my daughter-in-law brought me daffodils with trumpets so big they look like they were playing music. She stayed for hours and we talked upcycling and painting and art as usual.

Lots of kind comments for me yesterday, thank you so much. But you needn't have worried, I don't really have a fear gene in me (my mum was the same) and I wasn't at all disturbed by my breathlessness episode, more fascinated really. I love hospitals and am intrigued by all the equipment and machines. I know it's strange, but true!

Some of you will recognise this old photo, one of my very favourites. Just thought I'd add it for fun. My grandson is too big for being thrown in the air now!

BlueBalou Wed 15-Mar-23 06:21:55

Good morning from frosty Wiltshire, a wonderful misty moon in a clear deep blue night sky at 4am.
Good to hear you’re feeling better Mick, possibly the anaemia was causing the problem?
Good luck grandMattie with all the sorting, it’s a mammoth task at the best of times!
Yesterday morning was chaotic with carpenter, Ocado, dog walker and boiler service man all turning up in the same few minutes 🙄, somehow everyone and everything got sorted while (D)H sat in his chair complaining he couldn’t see the television (honestly my patience wears extremely thin sometimes!)
I sorted out the piles of unwanted plant pots, rehomed a few with more going this morning, in preparation for the new fencing. Plenty of snails were dislodged too!
I also tidied out some drawers and will do more today as well as make a teabread.
I see that the weather forecast is pretty much rain for the next 2 weeks ☹️, so little gardening will be done.
Take care everyone x

Sar53 Wed 15-Mar-23 06:25:10

Good morning from Essex by the sea where it is bright but frosty.
I finally managed to get a doctor's appointment yesterday. My blood pressure is very high so he has prescribed another medication to try and lower it. I also mentioned my overwhelming anxiety and he has put me on a low dose anti depressant. I hope it makes a difference.
DH will drop me in town this morning as I have a parcel to collect from Next and a few other things to buy. I'll come home on the bus.
Things are really moving for you GM, I hope it all continues to go smoothly.
Have a pleasant Wednesday everyone xx

Ashcombe Wed 15-Mar-23 06:29:20

Good morning from a chilly, dry Torbay.

Glad you’re feeling better, Mick; I expect the blood transfusion helped.

Things are moving apace for you, grandMattie, and having such useful help from DD is ideal. Every reason to crack open the fizz with a family reunion and birthday!

It is good you remain so calm in the face of your health issues, *Mizuna; I’m sure your heart is grateful!

You do sound busy, BlueBalou! What’s the secret of your energy?!

Sadly, DH isn’t here after all, due to widespread strikes in France which affected rail, ferry and air travel! Yet again, we’ve missed out on a ballet booked months ago! His next visit is in April and I’ve given the tickets for Birmingham Royal Ballet’s Swan Lake to a theatre contact who will go with his brother. It's reward enough to know someone goes who will enjoy it, rather than the tickets be wasted.

The flowers came from DH to compensate for his non arrival!

Last night, I was at a theatre committee meeting for three hours but at least we had cake and wine to celebrate the Chairman’s birthday!

Happy hump day, everyone! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

grandMattie Wed 15-Mar-23 06:34:04

Oh, Ash, how sad for you, both for DH to miss his visit and for you to miss the ballet.
How sweet that your DH should send you flowers. In the 49 years that we were together, my own DH never sent me flowers, and probably bought me some about 3 times!

Ashcombe Wed 15-Mar-23 06:44:41

Thanks, grandMattie! We are fortunate to have cultivated (pardon the pun!) the services of an excellent local florist who delivers to me regularly. Yesterday, she enquired after my health as she knew I’d had surgery last year. Like many folk, she’s rather intrigued by our unusual marital arrangement!

Susan56 Wed 15-Mar-23 06:47:19

Good morning from Shropshire where we have a frosty start.

We are going to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in Shrewsbury today.We will get the train as the River Severn is due to peak this morning and flooding is expected.The car park we would have used is closed due to flooding.

Sorry that olddudders wasn’t able to get over Ash😞more flowers from me!💐

I hope your new medication helps Sar.Anxiety can be debilitating💐

Thoughts to all unwell and to those with worries.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Susan56 Wed 15-Mar-23 06:49:36

I remember the photo mizuna!

NanaDana Wed 15-Mar-23 06:54:02

Good morning all, from a bright and frosty Windy Nook, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. Minus 5 outside this morning, and as we had snow late yesterday afternoon, the residue has frozen, so our two Cavapoos will be having reduced "walkies" as it's rather slippy out there. Looking forward to getting out later for coffee with a dear friend who has just "rung the bell" to mark the all clear after serious surgery for cancer. What a warrior she has been So proud of her.

Greyduster Wed 15-Mar-23 06:56:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire but it’s really cold. I slept through last night but woke early this morning. Have an early physio appointment at a local leisure centre this morning so no lie in! When I have finished there I will call and see my niece and take some of the Guinness and chocolate cake I made yesterday. Since you only need a small amount of Guinness, I had to drink the rest after tea. Maybe that’s why I slept so well! Then on the way home I will pop into the garden centre and buy a rose I have had my eye on. DD rang last night for a long chat as her menfolk were out and she was having some “me” time.
Ash I’m so sorry that DH couldn’t get home, but the flowers are lovely. April is just around the corner!
Have the best day you can, folks.

cornergran Wed 15-Mar-23 07:01:44

Morning Mick, morning All from a chilly, cloudy corner of Somerset

Yesterday went well enough although the consultant had some difficulty with my spinal procedure causing so much discomfort at one point she had to stop for a while.

A quiet one today, instructions are to keep moving but go gently for 48 hours. As rain is forecast Mr C has suggested an undercover shopping centre could be a good place for a walk. Now there’s a thought! I see two items I really need for the weekend are missing from todays grocery order. Someone’s law at work. Will go in search of those later in the week.

Good to hear you’re feeling stronger mick. Sorry your husband’s journey was blocked ash, disappointing for you both . The champagne was well deserved for you all grandmattie.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all

brook2704 Wed 15-Mar-23 07:04:40

Good morning everyone from another warm sunny day in Spain, there’s still snow and ice at home in Inverness as DD2 keeps telling me!
It’s good that you’re feeling a bit better mick
gMattie you’ve done so well with getting everything sorted in such a short time, lovely that you enjoyed a celebration yesterday too
The flowers are beautiful Ash but such a shame olddudders couldn’t deliver them personally and you’ve also both missed out on the ballet 😞
It’s our last day in Mojacar today before travelling onto Almeria tomorrow. I’ve really enjoyed the beautiful views from pueblo on the top of the hill and the long walks along the seafront. It’s still a bit out of season but there’s lots of people about and most of the bars and cafes are open.
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Mar-23 07:10:56

Morning all

It’s a bright crisp morning. My cleaning fairies will work their magic this morning, I am off to get my nails sorted. I may even tackle the ironing mountain 🤣

Sar53 I hope your new medication does the trick, grandMattie you seem to be very organised, Ashcombe beautiful flowers, but I guess you would rather have DH with you.

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Pittcity Wed 15-Mar-23 07:14:14

Good morning from a sunny but frosty Colchester. A sharp contrast to the warm, wet and windy of 2 days ago.
Wrapping up warm to walk into the City centre for the weekly coffee meetup this morning. Home for lunch with DH then back to Specsavers for a routine hearing test. Glad we live only a short walk through the beautiful park from the High Street. I'll need my sunglasses today.
Love to all 🦩 x

NanKate Wed 15-Mar-23 07:18:16

Good morning Mick and All.

Bright sunshine here in South Bucks.

Have fun at The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Susan56 we saw it in Brighton for my birthday last year. Rula Lenska was good and a much older actress, whose name I don’t know, was excellent. We really enjoyed it.

Off to visit my neighbour who has just moved into a private Home.

kittylester Wed 15-Mar-23 07:18:40

Good morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire where we had a frost overnight.

DH is off to the gym and then we hope to finalise the kitchen plans.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Grandmabatty Wed 15-Mar-23 07:18:49

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently -2°.
A quick visit from me this morning. Yesterday I, her former husband and another friend were sent for by my friend's partner as she was asking for us. I was there all day and I'm going back shortly. For all sorts of reasons, it was a difficult day. Have a good day all.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 07:21:52

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow, where its -3°C.

Ash, what a disappointment for you, hopefully Old Dudders will be with you soon.

Corner, I read your post in the kitchen, I had exactly the same procedure, it was excruciating when the doctor hit a nerve, despite anaesthesia and I swore never to have it again.
I hope you are recovering today.

Yesterday, I took Gwen up on her suggestion and made a video call to the Glesca Grannies, in the comfort of my conservatory, while watching the snow fall. They were most surprised!
It was so lovely to see and speak to my Granspals, you were all so kind. It certainly boosted my spirits.
Topsy sent me photos to post, but I still need permission from Litterpicker and Bridie.
I am not going to put names with them, some people like to keep their anonymity.

Much to my surprise, my visit to the garage was stress free, with my car passing its MOT, without any bother. The mechanic was shocked at how low the mileage was, considering the car is now six years old. Surprisingly, they didn't have a card machine and DH had to walk me to a cash machine nearby. Thank goodness, it wasn't too high a bill.
I will be using them again.

DIL is dropping Dollie off at school this morning to take me out for a coffee with a detour via Primark. wink. I'm not ready myself for that drive yet!
I need to replenish my pyjama stash, after my recent hospital stay and probably buy a load of stuff, I don't need.

Grandmabatty, you and your friend have been in my thoughts.
We were thinking of having a meet up in the summer, so hopefully see you then. 💐

Wishing you all the best of days.

monk08 Wed 15-Mar-23 07:26:24

Good morning all from a frosty Black country but it looks like the sun is breaking through.
Mick glad to hear your feeling better.
Ash such a shame DH couldn't get back and you are missing the ballet but your flowers are lovely and April isn't far away.
Nursery pick up today and then we have a carvery booked for later the vouchers keep on coming.
Enjoy your Wednesday whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 07:29:33

Sar, I am on three BP meds, but it is still not coming down, as quickly as I had hoped.
I have been researching ways to get it down naturally.
Walking is good, but obviously I have limited mobility.
However, there is scientific research to show that drinking pomegranate or orange juice (Vit C) can help.
Obviously not grapefruit, which interferes with the efficacy.
Now, where to find pomegranate juice. 😄

I hope your new medication helps. 💐

Alygran Wed 15-Mar-23 07:38:06

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It snowed at tea time yesterday the froze really hard. Beautiful starry sky last night.
Off early to a funeral in County Durham.
Will catch up,later. Have a good day everyone.

Gala Wed 15-Mar-23 07:45:05

Good morning all. Sunny & frosty here in Sefton this morning. Hope it stays sunny. Yesterday's bright start turned into dark foreboding skies, hailstones, sleet & rain....in that order.
Zoom exercise class first thing followed by a Pilates class in a nearby town. I will attempt to mount & frame a small cross stitch embroidery this afternoon. I don't have arthritis but I'm not as deft as I used to be.
Take care all.