Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 16th March 2023

(70 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 15-Mar-23 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight and dry here in brackley at the present moment .
Today ,an easy day with cycling on TV later ,and maybe laundry catch up plus a small shop early as well.
Health wise , I seem to feel as though I am improving as to being breathless and a steady heartbeat.
Take Care,
Mick

multicolourswapshop Wed 15-Mar-23 09:10:49

Good morning everyone from a bitterly cold but sunny day here on the east coast of Fife. I’m cosying back into my bed today think I’ll have a jammy day. the wind is also howling out there,

I had a very productive day yesterday got a new social worker who’s going to look after me,

had to go to the bank to sort things out all good now ,

Thinking of those less fortunate than me I am so blessed

Taichinan Wed 15-Mar-23 09:10:51

Happy Birthday stilllearning.

TopsyIrene06 Wed 15-Mar-23 09:12:18

Happy birthday to you Stillearning see you again I hope, in the summer.

Georgesgran Wed 15-Mar-23 09:13:25

Good morning from Durham.
I have an ‘empty’ today, so I’m not out of bed yet. I feel a bit flat with my energy level low - probably due to so much going on since Christmas. I owe PMs to 2 Grans, so I hope to catch up with those later. My birthday yesterday, but just another day to me, I’ve never ‘done’ the big day malarkey.
Best wishes to all. X

harrigran Wed 15-Mar-23 09:13:57

Good morning from the NE where it is 0 but sunny.
It snowed for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, it is still lying on the grass but gone from the roads.
DS is coming to take me shopping today.
I understand your unusual living arrangements Ashcombe DH and I did it for 16 years and DD and SIL are in the same situation.
Thoughts are with poorly people.
Have the best day you can.

hulahoop Wed 15-Mar-23 09:34:48

Belated birthday wishes Georgesgran.and happy birthday to stillearning. My oh had a procedure like you corner unfortunately it didn't make any difference hope yours has a better outcome. Out for lunch with a friend ,had pelvic x-ray yesterday I wonder how long it will it be before I hear about result. Have a good day all.

monk08 Wed 15-Mar-23 09:40:06

Belated birthday wishes Georgesgran🎂 hope your energy levels are soon on the up.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 15-Mar-23 09:49:21

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate. We had a sprinkle of the white stuff yesterday evening.
So glad my idea made a difference Marydoll. Since my older DS was widowed in 2019, my younger DS and I have zoomed her most Thursday evenings to make sure she is well and not lonely (Think she keeps busier than me). We are close though we live far apart.
Happy Birthday Stillearning wine.
You are moving fast now GrandMattie, have you got a moving date yet? If you are stuck, you could maybe get an Airbnb for a week or two?
Sounds a nasty procedure Cornergran hope it does the job it is meant to do.
Sorry Olddudders has not been able to get back to you, but it's good to know we are not the only country beset with strikes!
Have the best day possible folks.

Taichinan Wed 15-Mar-23 09:52:59

You might not 'do' it, but I hope you had a happy birthday anyway, Georgesgran. Btw I always read your name as Gorgeousgran 😁

Blossoming Wed 15-Mar-23 10:20:00

Good morning everyone. It was freezing here overnight and following the afternoon’s rain there was ice everywhere when I looked out earlier. It’s cloudy now and a comparatively warm 4°C. I didn’t get out for a walk yesterday due to rain, wind and hailstorms. I spent a couple of hours in the chilly garden workshop sorting out some technical issues for Mr. B instead. The bridge is closed to vehicles for a few days due to maintenance but I can still walk across. Have a good day all 🦩🦩🦩

Wyllow3 Wed 15-Mar-23 10:22:01

Good Morning from a sun/frost S Yorks, but its started to cloud over already.

Day of rest - been over doing it. Duvet, HWB, internet, a book. Pop out later for cash for cleaner tomorrow.

Georgesgranflowers late delivery and happy birthday to Stillearning too flowers

Blossoming Wed 15-Mar-23 10:44:35

Happy Birthday Stilllearning.

Marydoll and Cornergran, your talk of spinal procedures reminds me of having a spinal injection before my bowel cancer surgery. The anaesthetist couldn’t get the needle to go in to the correct place, he was trying for about half an hour and it was excruciating! Eventually a doctor came in and she got it sorted straight away. When I had surgery to remove two parathyroid glands a year or so later the first thing I asked was “Do I have to have a spinal?”. Fortunately I didn’t!

MawtheMerrier Wed 15-Mar-23 10:49:57

Happy Birthday from one Piscean to another Stillearning 💐🥂
We’re you ever teased about the Ides of March - I know I was!
Lovely crisp sunny day here - although cold, feeling much more like Spring.
The high winds on Monday night must have tripped something on my solar panels because I noticed yesterday that the meter display was blank and it wasn’t flashing despite it being quite sunny. . So taking my courage in both hands (and wearing Marigolds) I got up on the kitchen steps and looked at the various switches. One said OFF when by my thinking everything should have been ON so I flipped it and stood well back.
Phew, the display came back on and it started flashing (showing that the panels were generating)
Not quite in the same league as Karma ‘s handy DIY skills but I felt ridiculously pleased with myself for not panicking!
I am watching a production of Barton’s Bluebeards Castle as I write - well half watching, listening certainly.
Multi-tasking c’est moi!
Wishing a pleasant and safe day to you all, comfort for the anxious and relief for any in pain

hollysteers Wed 15-Mar-23 10:59:56

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast.
Strange business yesterday, I felt something, a tiny point,
sticking out of my gum (I had an appointment at the dentist in the afternoon) in the spot he thought was a mouth ulcer. Wiggled it about and put it in a tissue. He thought it was a piece of bone and it’s all settling down now. I had to leave the music club early for the appointment and sang two songs but my mind wasn’t on them. Then I went to a cash machine and it swallowed my card. I’m to pick up a new one in the next few days..
Off to lunchtime concert soon and hope it’s a better day.

Hope it’s plain sailing from now on grandMattie, glad you are feeling better Mick and birthday greetings to stilllearning and Georgesgran🌹

Kalu Wed 15-Mar-23 11:05:24

Good morning all from a cloudy but so far, dry day in Glasgow.

Lovely to hear how well the GlescaGrannies went. Sorry to have missed out meeting up with everyone again. Pleased to hear too your FaceTiming allowed a visit to see everyone again Marydoll. Isn’t technology wonderful.

Happy birthday Stilllearning, sorry I missed catching up with you yesterday. Enjoy your special day🎂
I will just whisper belated birthday greetings Georgesgran, many happy returns of the day. 💐

I am on thé hunt for a new window cleaner. The one who started a few months ago has been a complete disaster, happy to take payment for smeared, streaky results. Sigh!

Best wishes for a good day all.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 11:09:54

Belated birthday greetings, Georgesgran.

I will post the meet up photos later on the Glesca Grannies thread.

Enjoying a wee rest and coffee with DIL

Grandmachrisy47 Wed 15-Mar-23 11:19:24

Belated birthday wishes, georgesgran and happy birthday, stilllearning
Currently awaiting delivery of one new sofa, second one in 3/4 weeks. Borrowed sofa went back yesterday so we are sat on one bedroom chair and one ottoman. May have to retire to bed 😀
Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Wed 15-Mar-23 12:47:27

Belated birthday greetings Georgesgran 🎉🎂

multicolourswapshop Thu 16-Mar-23 10:10:58

Good morning everyone from the east coast of Fife where it’s tipping down with rain. I’m a little later today but I slept very well.
On the agenda today is
Hospital visit for my basil cell carcinoma they want to cut it out and skin graft I’m not too sure about that I’m so frightened of needles I’ve had so many over my lifetime
New cleaning lady coming in
Twin sister off to get bloods done today.
Looking forward to my dinner tonight roast gammon new potatoes and mixed veggies yum yum
That’s enough for one day
Thinking of those less fortunate than me take care