Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 18th March 2023

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 18-Mar-23 05:52:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Another twilight start here in brackley signs of rain.
Today , cycling on TV but I can miss start by going to Bicester on bus this morning.
I have contacted the hospital as surgery more on that tomorrow .
But today is my last chance to eat solids so a breakfast bap this morning and a Chinese Take Away later.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sat 18-Mar-23 06:07:47

Good morning, Mick, from a mild and dry (for now!) Torbay. Enjoy your meals today!

Yesterday evening brought good news and bad. I went to a quiz at the theatre and my team won! 😀. However, my car is making clunking noises at the back whenever I go over a bump, which could be a problem with the suspension, according to Google. ☹️

We have our share of uneven road surfaces and potholes here. I’ll have to drive it today as I’m running out of food but a small Lidl is only a five minute drive away. After that, I’ll rest it until my usual garage opens on Monday.

Hope everyone has a weekend free from worries. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Mizuna Sat 18-Mar-23 06:12:10

Good morning from a very mild but damp south Cornwall. Enjoy your meals Mick! A lovely unexpected evening yesterday drinking Guinness with my son among the friendly bustle of our Wetherspoons, where Uni students and my age group were mingling. My 30-something vicar had arranged to drop some paperwork to me and she joined us for a chat, whipping off her dog collar as she came in. Today I'll be working on a book I'm compiling for my other son and venturing out to the Pier for some sea air later.

BlueBalou Sat 18-Mar-23 06:39:15

Good morning from damp Wiltshire, a quiet weekend for me.
I had a good clean through yesterday and sorted out a heap of knitting patterns as well as pulling out the recliner chairs and hoovering everywhere. Very satisfying.
The painter is now coming Monday and Tuesday to paint the bookcases so I will be able to empty all the boxes of books that have been stacked in the dining room for the last 5 months! I will actually be completely sorted before going away next weekend 👏
Off for a DDog walk shortly, I need some fresh air!

karmalady Sat 18-Mar-23 06:47:50

Good morning, a spring day ahead today smile

A gathering with a dd and family later and a nice car drive for me. Nice scenery and my car needs a good run. Tyres checked and some goodies in the boot to be transferred from my house to theirs

Tomato seeds are all up after only six days and I have already started the in -out hardening process as the weather is warm enough. I shall leave them out today but under cover in a mini greenhouse. The seed leaves greened up very quickly yesterday

I made a few yummy ready meals yesterday, I always like to have good meals ready for those potential tricky days when I am busy doing other things

Have a lovely weekend

cornergran Sat 18-Mar-23 07:09:18

Morning Mick, morning All. Light cloud over our corner of Somerset.

Enjoyed a sea front walk in the sun yesterday after a trip to the tip. Two bags to a charity shop on the way home. I filled another two in the afternoon. Will someone tell me how we accumulated 36 table mats? Some emails to friends and the day disappeared.

We’ll begin some decorating in our conservatory today. The furniture is easy to move out there. Currently on a hunt for a decorator to sort our living room. No reply from the person who did our hall and kitchen, a shame as he was very quick and also tidy. I didn’t think we’d upset him!

Take care everyone. Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

dragonfly46 Sat 18-Mar-23 07:14:21

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire.
Yesterday was lovely we sat out in the square drinking coffee and watching the world go by.
Charity afternoon tea today up in the forest somewhere.

Hope your car isn’t too seriously ill Ash.
Wishing everyone a good day.

brook2704 Sat 18-Mar-23 07:24:40

Good morning everyone from Almeria in Spain, we’re looking forward to another warm day
Hope the problem with your car is easily sorted Ash and very well done with the quiz!
Yesterday we went exploring, there’s lots to see and we really enjoyed the Alcazaba and the beautiful views over the city. We went to the cathedral late afternoon and sat in the square with a glass of wine and tapas. Today we’re going to get the bus along the coast and explore a bit further
Enjoy your family get together karma and everyone else meeting up with friends and family over the weekend
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

GrannyGravy13 Sat 18-Mar-23 07:26:16

Morning all

It is another grey day here in S E Essex, a small shop this morning then I shall curl up in the sofa with my kindle. We are meeting DD and her boys for an early dinner (6pm) at one of our local restaurants to celebrate Mothers Day. It will be six years next month since my darling Mum died, I still miss her so much especially on special days.

Hope your car is not terminal Ashcombe drive carefully today.

Have a good Saturday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

baubles Sat 18-Mar-23 07:28:01

Good morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire.

Yesterday we had a mooch around the garden centres and had a light lunch in one. No purchases made though, too early and DH is still in the process of tidying up.

Work today. I saw the practice nurse on Thursday at 9 am, she put in an urgent request for stronger painkillers for me for my back and at 10.15 someone rang to saw the prescription would be in the pharmacy that afternoon, how’s that for service. Anyhoo I’m hoping they do the trick and allow me to work properly.

Wishing everyone the best possible day.

Grandmabatty Sat 18-Mar-23 07:32:47

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 7° and damp. Mick good luck on Monday. Ash commiserations with your ill car. It sounds like suspension trouble. Karma no tomato seeds would dare to pop their heads out here this early!Brook lovely photos. I feel the need to travel (viajar) just practising my Spanish.
I've been missing in combat the last couple of days as I've been unwell. I haven't been over to sit with my friend either as I didn't want to pass anything on. However it's over twenty four hours of things staying where they should so I'll go and spend some time with her this morning. Later on, dd has organised an afternoon tea at her house for me, her great aunt and my mum so I'll be there for the tea. I'm not going to overindulge in goodies. Then I'll probably go back to my friend for a while. She is mainly comatose now but occasionally rallies and asks for one of us. Have a good day all.

grandMattie Sat 18-Mar-23 07:33:00

Good morning from a hazy E Kent.
That was some sleep, I was pooped both physically and emotionally.
A couple of very nice young men came soon after the beginning of the window, to collect the bedding for Necessary Furniture. This is a very worthy charity that equips people to star or restart their home, free or at a very low price.
I then started to call the various agencies to give them notice. The first one was so awful that she made me cry (when I’d hung up, I wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction). I hunted for DH’s death certificate for about 30 minutes, became panicked that we had shredded it and went into meltdown when i couldn’t find it. I know that I can get another, but I had got 5 at the time. I finally found them “somewhere safe” and wept and wept.
I then called three other agencies who couldn’t have been nice, I could have hugged them they were so sweet.
I have noticed that instead of the covid message, agencies seem to have a “be nice to my staff” message. Well, if they are as horrible as the first one, I would certainly shout at them. I am always polite and try to be helpful and kind.
My friend came to fetch me for lunch in Deal, which was delicious and just what I needed.
I had barely got home than a couple turned upon my doorstep. I thought they were together, never having met either. The chap was from ‘tools for mission’ and my old sewing machine ,the other was to take my loom. That done, I fell on the sofa and tried to calm my whirling thoughts…
Having eaten at lunchtime, dinner was a bowl of homemade soup. Bed!
Nothing happening today, thankfully.
I hope you lovely people have a good weekend. Car diem 🦩🦩🦩❤️🦩🦩

Marydoll Sat 18-Mar-23 07:35:24

Good morning all for the second time.

Lost my original post! You will be relieved to be excused from my usual novella! 😂

I shall just wish you all a pleasant Saturday and send my best wishes to Ginny, her daughter and Grandmabatty.

Grammaretto Sat 18-Mar-23 07:38:33

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Mild today and a bit wet.
A roofer is coming at 8 to look at the broken gutter. I'm baking for the Saturday café and later bus into Edinburgh for a church gathering.
I love your photos brook
Sorry to hear you are in pain Baubles
Hope you get relief.
Enjoy today one and all .

Pittcity Sat 18-Mar-23 07:47:05

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
DS came home unexpectedly last night for the weekend, so I have laundry to deal with today. The dehumidifier and airer in the box room office will be working overtime.
A trip to Lidl to stock up too.
Sounds like a fun day.....🤣

Love to all 🦩 x

Urmstongran Sat 18-Mar-23 07:50:01

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s damp but seems mild enough. I’ve just weighed myself and am joyous. I’ve lost 2sts in weight now (in a little over 6 months). I would be treating myself to a half bottle of Möet this evening to celebrate but we are off to Málaga this afternoon so I’ll buy one when we get home. This is a shorter holiday than planned at 12 days but we are both looking forward to spending time in our ‘happy place’.
😊

Hope Saturday is a pleasant day for us all. x

Sar53 Sat 18-Mar-23 07:51:55

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It's dry at the moment but rain is due.
DH is going to a rugby festival this morning but neither of his grandsons will be there. I have declined to go as I'm not feeling 100%.
I have decided to surprise him with a homemade fruit cake instead.
We'll have that together with the cream tea that DD1 has sent for Mother's Day.
I hope today is a calmer one for you GM, it sounds like yesterday was very stressful.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone xx

TopsyIrene06 Sat 18-Mar-23 07:57:32

grandMattie It is overwhelming isn't it and so lonely for you. I moved out of my comfort zone after loss, a few years ago. Keep going strong lady, I am thinking of you getting through this tough time.

Raining again so it's wet suit and wellies on for a walk then dry out and stay inside. Enjoy your day all.

SunshineSally Sat 18-Mar-23 07:58:39

Good morning all from an overcast south Hants.
Busy day yesterday - DDog had his second trial run of doggy daycare afternoons and came back pooped! This new one, although more expensive is so much better and has lots of different areas for them to explore. You even get emailed a service report (with photos) of what your dog has been up to!
DH has been busy putting together the arbour seat - should be finished today and I was able to do a food shop.
Today I shall have a rummage in the freezer for something tasty for tomorrow’s special day and will prepare a tasty sweet involving strawberries and cream! DDog will need his usual walk and I might even do a quick hoover.
grandMattie - big hugs to you, honestly I am in awe of you 💐.
Have the best day you can everyone. Thinking of those with worries 🦩🦩
🤗 🤗 and 💐💐 for you all x.

Taichinan Sat 18-Mar-23 08:00:04

Good morning Mick and all from a very wet and dark grey Angus coast.
Enjoy your meals today Mick!
Also happy 80th weekend to dustyangel and Mr Dusty - a family gathering like that will be so special.
I read all yesterday's posts eventually and there seems to be such a lot of ill health and worry amongst us. I hope this Mothering weekend will give everyone a boost - sunshine and spring flowers to all.
DD and DGDs 1 and 3 are coming here on Sunday and bringing the food, but I shall busy myself today making a cream of curried sweetcorn soup and a chocolate meringue dessert - both firm family favourites. We will no doubt end up being capable of feeding the five thousand! And no doubt DGD3, who now has her test date, will be doing the driving - 80 miles and through two city centres. I think DD might be just a little bit frazzled by the time they get here!
Lovely photos Brook - so glad you're enjoying your lovely holiday.
Ash any unusual noise made by a car is unnerving and worrying. Fingers crossed it's not also expensive!
Now off I go to be industrious for a change. Have the very best day you can everyone x

Greyduster Sat 18-Mar-23 08:01:44

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I think it’s trying to brighten up in South Yorkshire, but it’s struggling at the mo. A very broken night for me, so I’m tired this morning - and my nose is bleeding. It was such a lovely warm afternoon yesterday, I spent it in the garden and got quite a lot done. There are gaps to fill this year though. Today I want to make a cake, do a small food shop and tidy up as DS is coming down but unfortunately it will be something of a flying visit. An early lunch and then home but we are eating with the rest of the family so it will be nice for us all.
Ash that clunk doesn’t sound good but could it be something as simple as a loose exhaust? Hope so!
Ah! The sun is out now. Have the best day you can folks.

harrigran Sat 18-Mar-23 08:05:03

Good morning from a mild and damp NE.
Yesterday the weather was lovely and I hung all the washing outside. All finished and tidied away by mid afternoon so went for a snooze, had been up since 5.30. I was woken by a torrential downpour, when I looked out there was the most beautiful rainbow.
My sister and BIL will call this afternoon with my bread and milk and DS and family will be here for the rest of the day.
Have a good weekend.

Beechnut Sat 18-Mar-23 08:10:30

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Another damp and grey day.

Yesterday on my errands I happened to see a green cardigan in a shop window, so one in my size has come to live with me.
In the afternoon I had a surprise visit from my friend who moved to my town last year. I’ve known she doesn’t like living where she does or the house for a while and she was all smiles yesterday as she had told her husband and had been to look at another house. Fingers crossed for her. I’m glad she’s feeling happier.

Today I’ll potter. I have already fitted my new radiator caps and put the o ring on the bath plug and I’m not even dressed. I’ve made a bacon sandwich for breakfast.

Have a good day all 🌺🦩

Stilllearning Sat 18-Mar-23 08:15:18

Morning from S Lanarkshire, calm outside, about 8 degrees.

Loved that photo brook, enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Glad you’re getting stronger pain killers baubles, I do hope they help soon.

Enjoy your family gathering this afternoon Grandmabatty, this is a very difficult time for you. You too grandMattie, you’ve held it together for a long time and you sound absolutely exhausted and at the end of your tether.💐

Nearly there Mick, not long now after so many delays.

Hope your DD is feeling a lot better Gingster, I have been thinking about you both.

Gossipy lunch with two good pals today, we laugh and support each other a lot.

Have the best day possible everyone 🦩

Taichinan Sat 18-Mar-23 08:18:48

Safe journey Urms and very many congrats on your weight loss! And yesterday was obviously your lucky day harrigran - that rain waited until you rescued your washing!