Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 24th March 2023

(49 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 24-Mar-23 05:48:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight with a clear sky over brackley at the moment .
Today , I plan usual local shop and then bus to Bicester.
As to my health , they contacted me to have ultra sound scan of my heart at the Churchill in Oxford just before Easter.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Fri 24-Mar-23 05:52:59

Good morning from a very windy Whiddon Down, near Okehampton where I arrived in time to participate in the coffee morning on site yesterday.

Unfortunately, the gas CH wouldn’t work in my holiday home despite the best efforts of the lovely site manager so a gas engineer will have to be summoned. Luckily, I have electric fires including an oil filled radiator so I wasn’t cold and was cosy in bed overnight apart from my nose!! Other from that, it seems to have survived the Winter relatively unscathed, apart from the usual detritus caused by twigs and leaves from the surrounding trees on the decking.

A relaxing afternoon was welcome and it was quiet, apart from the wind and rain! The weather didn’t deter two pigeons from “getting married” as Gwenisgreat1’s DGD so charmingly described it! They balanced precariously on the balustrade with Mrs. Pigeon looking singularly unimpressed!!

I was so sorry to hear that your operation was cancelled, Mick and hope the medics will soon sort out your heart issue so that it can be rescheduled. A scan should help matters. You must be very disappointed.

Welcome home, brook2704! Keep warm!

No plans for today - the good news here is that the new Wi-Fi system is working well. Happy weekend, everyone! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

grandMattie Fri 24-Mar-23 05:59:48

Good morning from a grey E Kent. It has been daylight for some time. Sunday, the clocks go forward!
I am glad that your heart problem is being investigated so soon, Mick. All the best.
My visit to the solicitor was very informative and I agreed to her various suggestions regarding safeguarding on the lease. She was delighted with my “bribe “.
Less successful was an interminable circular “conversation” with Sky’s bl…y robot. After about an hour, I finally found a page with a telephone number where I could speak to a real person! It turns out that my account will be cancelled today, not in 3 weeks, and my refund of the subscription paid yesterday will take 30-40 days and by cheque, if you please! Not impressed, although the young man was very polite and pleasant.
Today, I have my lovely and computer savvy tai chi friend coming to sort out (and install) the new router and modem sent by BT when I changed my address. This very sweet and helpful young man was horrified at how old my modem was - 7 years old! - and immediately arranged for a new one to be sent. Of course, I have not a clue how to set it up…
I hope all your troubles are little ones, your worries small and a gentle day is in store. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩❤️🦩

Sar53 Fri 24-Mar-23 06:06:45

Good morning from a bright and hopefully sunny day in Essex by the sea.
I've been awake for ages, gripped by anxiety again. The tablets don't appear to be working yet.
DH has an eye test this morning and I'm going with him to the boat to do a bit of cleaning.
My DB had another MRI scan yesterday but still no nearer a diagnosis.
Sounds like a plan for you Mick, I hope you get some answers soon.
Enjoy Friday everyone, may you see some sunshine xx

BlueBalou Fri 24-Mar-23 06:19:41

Good morning everyone, it’s a soggy Wiltshire start after yesterday’s monsoon-like downpours 🙄
Today I need to get the house straightened up before going away tomorrow, including filling the bookcases and getting rid of numerous boxes. I need to think about packing too.
It’s looking like grotty weather all next week so wellies, waterproofs, plenty of books it is!

SunshineSally Fri 24-Mar-23 06:19:49

Good morning everyone from a currently brightening south Hants. Not sure if I had any sleep last night … DH has been doing steam train impressions most of the night and I’ve given up waiting for him to finally arrive at the station!! I may try the spare room tonight!

DDog has an afternoon at doggy daycare today and we will hopefully be more successful at finding the elusive sofa that will meet our needs🤞🤞. Hopefully meeting up with an old work colleague this afternoon for a catch-up and to put the world to rights.

Happy Friday to you all. I hope the coming weekend is a good one 🤗🌻🌻 x

Susan56 Fri 24-Mar-23 06:32:26

Good morning from Shropshire.Rain overnight again.Today we are promised sun, rain and a moderate breeze.

A quiet day at home with H hopefully.We went to playgroup yesterday and he had an allergic reaction which was very frightening.I was outwardly calm but inwardly panicking but administered his medication which worked very quickly.

B was unwell when we collected him from school on Wednesday.He woke up yesterday with chickenpox.His main upset is that he was having his first play date without mummy there tonight so that has obviously been postponed.

I’m glad you will be having a scan soon Mick.

Sar💐some medications can take a while for you to feel the full benefit depending on the medication class.I really hope you start to feel better soon.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

karmalady Fri 24-Mar-23 06:33:06

Good morning, plenty of rain still available in s somerset and it is cool

The weather might not entice me out but today will again be a positive one as I will be focusing on another small area to `spring clean`. I like this bit at a time focus. Inside windows in a few days, I need a fully dull day to avoid streaks

Hot cross buns made yesterday, I enjoyed the process but needed my warming proofer out as the kitchen was cool

Roll on spring, like the ones I remember, warm enough to drink tea outside

monk08 Fri 24-Mar-23 06:34:10

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
We are meeting DS and the little one for breakfast after he has taken elder Dgs to school. And I'm catching up with another ex work colleague this afternoon.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Friday everyone and may you all find some ☀️.

Marydoll Fri 24-Mar-23 06:45:52

Good morning all from a damp Pitlochry, where it is 6°C, we got a right soaking last night on the way back from dinner.

God to see you posting Mick, but perhaps worth thinking of taking things easy until you have your scans.
It's a pity the the consultant didn't get them done, when you were an in patient.
To my amazement, my scans were all done during the night, when I was in hospital last month.

Yesterday was a gentler day, with a lovely walk to the hydro dam and salmon ladder.
I surprised myself at how well I did, no heart spray needed, despite the exertion.
However, I did need to come back for a lie down after lunch, my heart rate was far too high!

Home this morning and back to reality, with prescriptions to pick up.
I received a phone call from the surgery pharmacist, querying the amount of pain relief I was using.
Once I explained my RA appointment had been cancelled 😢 and I had a flare up and in agony, a prescription was written.
It is good to know they are on the ball.

Gingster's daughter and GM have been on my mind and Sar, I hope you feel better soon. 💐
Borrheid, what a worry for you, regarding your mum, I hope she is ok.

Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Fri 24-Mar-23 06:47:26

Karmalady, I prove my hot cross buns overnight in the cool kitchen, gives a much better rise.

Grandmabatty Fri 24-Mar-23 06:47:55

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 6° and pouring rain. Mick I hope they can sort out your heart issues. Ash I remember well the feeling of being toasty warm with a cold nose from my parents caravan. Susan how scary for you and well done. I would have been the same.
Yesterday my dear friend died. We knew it was imminent but it doesn't make it any easier. I was glad I was there. Her last two weeks were hard but she slipped quietly away and I can be glad for her. I'll miss her more than words can say.
Today I'm joining DD and dgs2 on a trip to get his haircut. It'll be something relatively pleasant to do after the sadness of yesterday. And dgs2 is very cuddly. Have a good day all.

Marydoll Fri 24-Mar-23 06:48:51

I'm so sorry, GMBatty. 💐

Urmstongran Fri 24-Mar-23 06:52:44

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from sunny Málaga. We have no plans today. I’ve decided to take a little break from GN for a while. I hope April and Easter brings us all some much needed warmer weather and peace of mind for those with worries. I hope your move goes smoothly grandMattie and that your medical issues are sorted satisfactorily Mick.
x

Greyduster Fri 24-Mar-23 06:54:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Nice to have you back, Mick. The sun is out in South Yorkshire but it’s still very breezy.
I went out with a walking group yesterday morning. They were very welcoming, and I hope to see more of them. I stayed with the strollers rather than the striders until my leg is stronger, but it was lovely to be out in a favourite stretch of woodland in the sun - to start with anyway. The drive home was wet! Today I have to make a journey into the city centre to visit the only branch of our bank between here and Timbuktu that remains open. I’ll have a walk around M&S while I’m there.
Whatever you are doing today, have a good day, folks!

Beechnut Fri 24-Mar-23 06:55:37

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Another sunny start this morning and a cup of red bush tea.

I’ve been feeling a little down in the dumps lately so I’ve decided to get on and get things done instead of putting it off and feeling grumpy about it. The washing machine is on early and I’ll change the bed. I’ve some card making to do later.

Yesterday I bought a raised planter to go in my greenhouse. First of all I need to tidy it up inside. I can do that if it’s raining.

I’m looking forward to the clocks changing. My outside clock stays on summertime all the time. I don’t see the point in changing back in the autumn.

Have a lovely day all 🌺

Beechnut Fri 24-Mar-23 06:58:31

Grandmabatty 💐

cornergran Fri 24-Mar-23 07:07:18

Morning Mick, morning All. A welcome bright start to our corner of Somerset after yesterdays torrential rain.

Little happening here, I’m just too uncomfortable for anything that doesn’t have to be done.

Good to see you back mick, not long to your scan. I’m so sorry grandmabatty. Hope today is less scary susan. Safe trip home marydoll. Hope today feels brighter beechnut. Think we all need proper Spring to arrive. urms flowers.

Take care everyone. Hope Friday is kind to us all.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 24-Mar-23 07:12:49

Good morning from the South Downs - wet as usual, although Monday promises to be dry at the moment, so I shall put that aside for gardening.

Laundry and ironing today.
Must shake myself as feeling cheesed off - I think it is the never ending gloom of the weather. I immediately feel my spirits lightening when the sun comes out.

So positivity is the way forward!

I read everyone’s post so commiserations to those bereaved, good health to those feeling low at the moment, resolutions to any worries and continued delight to those feeling happy and optimistic🙂.

Enjoy the day one and all

grandMattie Fri 24-Mar-23 07:14:17

flowers Urms. Sad to see you go.
Enjoy your stay in Spain and all the best in your life. ❤️❤️❤️

GrannyGravy13 Fri 24-Mar-23 07:15:18

Morning all

It’s sunny here in SE Essex, off to the gym first thing, pick up The Imp from pre-school at lunch time, then I am taking him down to AS4 to look after the 5!yr old GD and 3 yr old GS. The three of them get on so well so it should be a fun few hours.

Sar53 sorry to hear you are still anxious 🌸 (((hugs)) GMBatty you were there for your friend when she needed you.
Hoping to hear better news from Gingster DD

Dear Urmstongran you will be missed on GN, take care 😘

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Abitbarmy Fri 24-Mar-23 07:17:37

Good morning all from North Yorkshire, a bright start to the day. Later we head to the Dales for a bracing week of walking and relaxation. The forecast is pretty dire but still looking forward to the rest and putting aside worries for a while if possible. I hope all is well with you Urms I look forward to your updates and Matt’s clever sketches. Please don’t stay away too long. Hoping everyone else has a good Friday with few concerns.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 24-Mar-23 07:29:34

Good morning all from wet Harrogate
Good to hear they are taking action with your heart Mick
Hope you get the heating sorted in your summer home Ash
We’ll miss you Urms. But sometimes it’s necessary to have a break. Come back soon.
What a scare with H Susan you were very brave to tackle it. Sar hope you feel better soon, you are probably anxious about your DB. Hope they find out soon what’s caused his problem.
Today I thought about going into town, but seeing the rain I might change my mind?
Have the best day possible folks

Pittcity Fri 24-Mar-23 07:31:23

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Spring has sprung here.
DH has a blood test this morning and then we are having afternoon tea in a local hotel for our lunch. He was given the voucher as a birthday present and we're using it today as he knows that he'll be on a diet by Monday when he gets his test results!

We'll miss you Urms, sending hugs.
Love to all 🦩 x

monk08 Fri 24-Mar-23 07:31:53

Grandmabatty 💐
Urms enjoy the rest of your holiday in your happy place take care, you will be missed.