Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 24th March 2023

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 24-Mar-23 05:48:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight with a clear sky over brackley at the moment .
Today , I plan usual local shop and then bus to Bicester.
As to my health , they contacted me to have ultra sound scan of my heart at the Churchill in Oxford just before Easter.
Take Care,
Mick

Georgesgran Fri 24-Mar-23 07:36:50

Good morning from Nantwich. I’ll be driving back to Durham later today. I’ve only been here a few days, but strangely keen to get home.
I’ll miss Urms posts about her SF, downstairs larder and stays in her happy place - hope everything is ok and you come back to GN when you’re ready.
Grandmabatty💐 - sorry to hear your dear friend died.
I hope all who can enjoy a decent weekend. X

ShazzaKanazza Fri 24-Mar-23 07:41:13

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a bright Hull morning.

Grandmabatty I’m so sorry you lost your dear friend but I’m sure she was comforted in her final days having you by her side 💐
Urms we will miss you and Matt💐

Today I’m going into town with mum to the bank to set up a standing order for my uncle’s lunches. I’m hoping I can persuade her to have a cuppa and lunch or even just a snack while we are out but I know she won’t want to. I’ll ask her though. Later picking up GS from school.
We picked up the little ladies from nursery and pre school yesterday and put them to bed wow it was tiring but they are gorgeous. DD is back at work for two days a week on Ante Natal but then straight from work last night went straight to teach her own ante natal classes. She is doing very well with that little business.

Have a lovely day everyone. Thinking of those with family worries and stress. 🌻🌻

kittylester Fri 24-Mar-23 07:46:32

Good morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire.

We are going to pay the deposit on the new kitchen today and to buy a cooker.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Alygran Fri 24-Mar-23 07:48:31

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another bright and breezy day.
Richmond was lovely but showery. We got quite a soaking!
Charity coffee and crafts this morning, visiting a neighbour in her assisted living apartment later than some shopping.
Urms enjoy your holiday.
Wishing you all a good day.

Gingster Fri 24-Mar-23 07:49:36

Good morning all and it’s sunny and calm here in Essex.

Sar it will take time for the meds to kick in. Try to relax , meditation, deep breathing and all that. Enjoy your time at the boat. 💐.

Urms - come back soon 👋.

Glad you enjoyed your break away Marydoll with no bad turns.

Dd saw her consultant yesterday and he said no need for Lumbar Punch. There’s a slight swelling in her head but probably caused by steroids or immunotherapy. He’s continuing to reduce the steroids and all being well, she might be home today. 🙏.

I hope you all have a ‘good’ day 🌷

NanKate Fri 24-Mar-23 07:53:40

Good morning Mick and All.

Cloudy day in South Bucks.

Having a mini party at a local cafe for 2 WI friends who recently had significant birthdays 🥳

We will miss your upbeat posts Urm come back to us refreshed 💐

I do so understand your concern about your grandson Susan56. I am always in alert with our DGS with allergies. He is a very sensible 10 year old. I hope in a year or two he can self medicate in emergencies. Glad your DGS responded quickly 👍

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 24-Mar-23 07:59:37

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. More admin today but also sorting out old photos which aren’t in albums! I have ordered another wooden storage box from John Lewis. Our daughter is coming for the weekend tomorrow so I need to put the heating in the new room! It is freezing in there.

Have a good break Urms. I will miss your posts.

brook2704 Fri 24-Mar-23 08:02:19

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s grey and raining
Pleased to hear about the next steps mick, hopefully things will get sorted for you soon
Sar hope things improve a bit and the meds start working
grandmabatty so sad for you, take care of yourself and enjoy those cuddles with your DGSs

Today I’m back to the gym 😳, I’m not looking forward to it but I know once I’m there then I’ll be fine. It’ll be good to see my gym buddies, hopefully the circuits class won’t be too hard and I’ll have a relaxing dip in the pool later. After that I’m having coffee and a long catch up with my friend so that’s the day sorted!

Hoping all is ok Urms, enjoy your break and hope to see you back posting soon
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Gala Fri 24-Mar-23 08:05:02

Good morning all. Wet 'n windy here in Sefton. Oh for some Spring sunshine to brighten these never ending damp & dull days.
A busy day ahead. Two Zoom exercise classes first thing, then coffee with a former colleague of DH in a local garden centre. They have a lot of catching up to do. This afternoon it's off to see D in L who needs 'help' - she hasn't said what!
Have a good day all.

Taichinan Fri 24-Mar-23 08:14:39

Good morning all from a typical March day on the Angus coast - bit of sun, bit of blue, bit of cloud, bit of a breeze.
Like others on here I'm feeling a bit down too and unable to work up any enthusiasm.
I'm so sorry Grandmabatty - you were a good friend to the end. Going forward without her is the hard part, isn't it flowers. Enjoy your cuddles with little dgs2.
Urms we'll miss you! I hope it will be only a short break. But keep on enjoying your lovely life, with frequent visits to your happy place.
My own happy place is tai chi class. How about everyone else?
I'm sitting here in a pool of sunshine at the moment,. I hope the sun shines in everyone's lives today x

Kalu Fri 24-Mar-23 08:27:10

Good morning all from a soggy Glasgow.

Not my favourite pastime but shopping with DSisiL was fun yesterday. Pleased with our respective purchases we had a leisurely lunch before heading home….exhausted!
A lazy morning before they head back home to Perthshire.

Good to know your cardiac issues are being addressed Mick I too would have thought testing whilst being an in patient would have made more sense.
Pleased to hear you had some respite from health issues during your break Marydoll A visit to House of Bruar was good medicine obviously. 😉
I hope life is good to you during your break Urms. See you later.

Best wishes to all for a good/ better day.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 24-Mar-23 08:55:17

Good morning everyone from a sunny but blustery Oxfordshire. I hope everyone has a good day today and a glorious weekend.

EkwaNimitee Fri 24-Mar-23 08:59:11

Good morning Mick and everyone from rainy Carlisle.
It was raining yesterday morning too but cleared up promptly after breakfast so I managed to get out in the garden later. I'm hoping for the same today.
Today, definitely a little housework first then no other plans. My thoughts have lightly turned to a little spring cleaning.....Perhaps not today! But I could make a start on getting rid of stuff in the garage. I have tools etc that I just don't need here, brought from a big garden where I had to tackle large trees etc. I don't want to give them away though.

Best wishes Urms, relax and be happy and see you soon.

Sar have you tried a meditation app? I have found the sleep programs on mine very helpful in stopping all those whirling, worrying thoughts that come when the light goes off.

Grandmabatty, you have been a true friend.

I hope you all have the best possible day.

Ali23 Fri 24-Mar-23 09:04:55

A sunny start to the day in Leicester. I was glad of the rain yesterday evening as I had just re-sewn my lawn.

Urms, I always enjoy your posts and will miss you. I’m hoping you come back soon.

GrannySomerset Fri 24-Mar-23 09:15:18

Sunny at the moment so I will take advantage and toddle up to the village for the country market and coffee with a group of oldies.

I will miss Urms’s sunny Spanish posts and hope she will be back soon after a happy stay in Malaga. Thoughts to Grandmabatty at this sad time, but how lovely that her dear friend was able to die at home supported by friends. It’s what we would all want,

hollysteers Fri 24-Mar-23 09:17:52

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Art this morning and DD arriving from the south later today on a flying visit. I worry a bit about her as her job is demanding and she drives up and down the motorway to see me and old friends.

Picking up my bank card at bank in town after it swallowed up by the cash machine last week. I rang yesterday to see what the score was and it’s ready to be collected but no one had bothered to let me know. Friendly chap on the line asked me what the weather was like, wet, I said “Well get your flippers on and pick up your card’!

Better news Gingster and to all with worries of any sort 🌸

harrigran Fri 24-Mar-23 09:19:54

Good morning from a sunny and breezy NE.
I was sorry to hear your friend had died Grandmabatty, she is at peace now.
I have no plans to do anything as I ache all over and last night I had a really sore tummy, I had a handful of raspberries and blueberries at lunchtime and I think the seeds must have irritated my gut. Dinner last night was a bowl of tomato soup.
Thoughts are with poorly people and Urmston you will be missed.

hollysteers Fri 24-Mar-23 09:22:30

Grandmabatty💕🙏🏻

Taichinan Fri 24-Mar-23 09:28:55

gingster glad to hear things are progressing for your DD and 🙏 for the homecoming. What a terrible time this is for you all x

luluaugust Fri 24-Mar-23 09:32:34

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Urms I shall miss your posts. Grandmabatty so sorry to hear your news, I still think a lot about a dear friend of mine and the happy times we had together. Marydoll glad your break has cheered you up.
A little light supermarket shop this morning and then care of DG5 until mum gets home.
Very best wishes to all.

Wyllow3 Fri 24-Mar-23 09:45:33

Morning from a sunny S Yorks, (well sunny for now)

Very warm wishes for GN's troubled and bereaved.

Meeting my first Ex for lunch, we get on well (a going of different ways rather than hostile and when DS was an adult) are of course grandparents so much to natter about.

Not much energy so will have my nose in a book a lot of the day, and enjoy bits of R3 and R4.

hulahoop Fri 24-Mar-23 11:54:47

Urms I will miss your cheery posts enjoy your break .Grandmabatty 💐.
Marydoll glad you enjoyed your break away.
Gangster sounds like your dd is improving.
My youngest grandson is 6 today so a tea party for him after school he gives the best cuddles.

Blossoming Fri 24-Mar-23 12:42:05

Good afternoon everyone. I’m late today as I had an appointment with the colorectal cancer team. All positive, they are now going to discharge me back to GPs care. Whatever the ‘object’ is in my lungs it hasn’t changed since it was first detected 3 years ago and it isn’t cancerous.

Enjoy the rest of today 🦩🦩🦩

hulahoop Fri 24-Mar-23 13:13:55

Gingster bl--dy predictive text.