Gransnet forums

Chat

TIGHTS!….

(93 Posts)
Kateykrunch Fri 24-Mar-23 10:39:48

I have been living in leggings and tunics and decided today to wear a dress, with tights, crikey!!, it was so difficult to get them on, proper contortions needed. I succeeded, but with difficulty and they are a big enough size, so any tips, just in case its “just me”. Thanks

Nanderin Thu 01-Feb-24 21:13:50

I like M&S tights.

MayBee70 Wed 31-Jan-24 19:23:21

Kim19

Somewhat astonished by this thread. I've worn tights all my adult life without difficulty or problem. Nylon in Summer and woolly in Winter. Must ask around now that it has been brought to my attention. Interesting indeed......

You’re obviously not a peculiar shape like I am! It’s my huge thighs that are a problem. To get tights to fit my fat legs I have to buy extra large which then go up to my neck! I’ve got a box full of tights that don’t fit me.

Kim19 Wed 31-Jan-24 19:02:15

Somewhat astonished by this thread. I've worn tights all my adult life without difficulty or problem. Nylon in Summer and woolly in Winter. Must ask around now that it has been brought to my attention. Interesting indeed......

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 31-Jan-24 18:49:03

Tights are available in a huge range of sizes and tend to look far better than aged fake-tanned legs. Especially in April.

biglouis Wed 31-Jan-24 18:43:50

There are a few fat shaming trolls on this thread.

annodomini Wed 31-Jan-24 18:31:50

I got round the problem when I couldn't find a pair of tights to wear with a skirt. I just put on leggings with calf-high boots and warm socks. I have taken to wearing thermal leggings under trousers and jeans as my legs get really cold (peripheral neuropathy) even when it's not freezing.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 31-Jan-24 17:22:28

Just an aside to IwasaMaidofKent: you remain a Maid of Kent , if you were born to the mid / west of Kent, for the rest of your life, wherever you live thereafter. Of course, if you were born to the east of the county, you are a Kentish Maid.

Labradora Wed 31-Jan-24 16:10:41

I am probably what you would call a medium sized woman although I am sturdily built (Gawd help me)- normally Size 16 but I always buy XL size tights so that I have plenty of room. I would rather have Nora Batty-type wrinkles than tights where the crotch isn't where it should be.
Delighted we have tights for our larger -sized ladies (I'm larger sized compared to a little'un). There for the grace of God go all of us.Recovering from a serious operation some years ago I couldn't exercise and I shot up to nearly 14 stone.
I buy my tights at Sainsburys or Tescos or M and S.They all seem OK.

MayBee70 Wed 31-Jan-24 14:07:52

They’re recyclable, too. If you return old ones they recycle them into industrial stuff.

Helenlouise3 Wed 31-Jan-24 14:02:22

I put handcream on and sit on the bed. I find this is the easiest way. I have enough tights at the minute but I'll take a look at those snag leggings.

MayBee70 Wed 31-Jan-24 13:57:41

MayBee70

I wish Snag tights had been around sooner. I’ve got a drawer full of tights that don’t fit me. In fact I never found any tights that fitted me as I’m short with very chubby legs.

Well, I finally sent away for some Snag tights because, as part of my neverending decluttering I want to get rid of the box of tights in my wardrobe that I’ve bought over the years that don’t fit properly. Only bought one pair to check that I’d got the right size but they’re perfect. Even thoughI’m quite petite my legs are actually as large as the large ladies in their advert which is why I’ve struggled to get tights that fit. I rarely wear dresses these days anyway but I can now clear some space in my wardrobe. They even send a returns label in case you’ve got the wrong size. I’m so chuffed!

JulieBuckingham Fri 19-Jan-24 20:54:09

I recently bought a 100 denier pair for long haul flights. They worked a treat, not even swollen feet.

VenusDeVillendorf Sun 01-Oct-23 12:44:10

Oh is this a zombie?

I suppose they still sell tights, and we still wear them, right 😂

VenusDeVillendorf Sun 01-Oct-23 12:42:56

Thanks for the recommendation @paddyann54
I’ll look into getting those.

Those raspberry tights look so good @IwasaMaidOfKent lovely colour

JackyB Sun 01-Oct-23 12:37:19

Who dug this old one up again? Oh, I see, probably someone selling something.

Hetty58 Sun 01-Oct-23 12:10:56

Tights? Just no - I wear leggings and ankle boots instead.

Nanderin Sun 01-Oct-23 12:07:32

I only wear black tights at funerals with dresses and I have been to quite a few this year. They will be coming out again in the next two weeks sadly 😔.

JaneJudge Sat 23-Sep-23 14:04:07

sorry i hadn't realised this was a revived thread to talk about husbands that wear tights smile

JaneJudge Sat 23-Sep-23 14:02:46

normal tights don't fit loads of people. I use snag tights too and I am not that big, they are just much more comfortable

henetha Sat 23-Sep-23 13:51:47

I dislike tights. I can't get them on, the crotch is usually around my knees. And they make me feel itchy and uncomfortable.
But I like the look of the snag tights (just googled them) so might give them a try. I've got a nice check winter skirt which I would like to wear now and then.
Usually its trousers/jeans and socks for me.

ChloeBenfield Sat 23-Sep-23 12:49:39

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Oldbat1 Fri 28-Jul-23 12:32:14

I wear footless tights under my jeans for most of the year and love the warmth. Ive looked at snagtights and love the colours. For those folk who wear leggings what do you wear on top? Some leggings i see youngsters wear you can almost see through and not at all a good look especially if they wear a thong underneath. I always want my bum covered and im not huge. I see chubrubs are popular for those folk whose thighs meet together and rub if wearing dresses.

Sallywally1 Fri 28-Jul-23 11:36:10

I hate tights, many is the morning when I was still working hunting irritably for a pair! I now wear footless ones which are much more comfortable. They are fine with boots, when I can wear socks as well.shoes are a bit more problematic, but trainer liners are good.

foxie48 Wed 26-Jul-23 12:58:59

Vita Liberata is really easy to use, I much prefer it to self tan, which always looks streaky. I just shower, moisturise my legs and smooth the cream on top. It's very easy and gives a nice even look. I usually have a bit of tan on my legs in the summer so use the medium shade, it covers up veins and blemishes quite well and stays on until I shower again.

nanna8 Wed 26-Jul-23 12:44:48

People don’t seem to wear them here now. Which is fine except my legs are always too white and I don’t want to expose them to the sun, having had a couple of skin cancers. I could use fake tan but can’t be stuffed.