Gransnet forums

Chat

TIGHTS!….

(92 Posts)
Kateykrunch Fri 24-Mar-23 10:39:48

I have been living in leggings and tunics and decided today to wear a dress, with tights, crikey!!, it was so difficult to get them on, proper contortions needed. I succeeded, but with difficulty and they are a big enough size, so any tips, just in case its “just me”. Thanks

TillyTrotter Fri 24-Mar-23 10:41:22

Do you have a pair of soft gloves Katek ?
I wear a pair of chenille gloves that I keep by my tights and find them extremely helpful. Can’t put your finger through your tights pulling them up, nor cag them.

karmalady Fri 24-Mar-23 10:44:51

snag tights, they fit everyone and very good with gorgeous colours. I am testing their new bra now, supremely comfortable. I am not over large btw, just a comfortable size and I am short. I love their leggings too

No tip OP regarding contortions, just need flexible and strong tights

Blondiescot Fri 24-Mar-23 10:51:31

I'm with karmalady - snagtights all the way! So comfy and great range of colours. I've not tried anything else from their range yet, apart from the tights and chub rub shorts.

biglouis Fri 24-Mar-23 10:57:10

Cant remember the last time I wore tights! If I do wear a dress or skirt they are so long I can get off with knee highs.

I can remember the last time I had to fly wearing stockings. It was in the mid 1960s and my sister had stolen my last pair of tights. Horrendous.

I battered her with a wooden hairbrush.

timetogo2016 Fri 24-Mar-23 10:59:27

What a great idea TillyTrotter.
I put a pair on for the first time in years,and i was shattered by the time i pulled them up,trying my damnedest to not ladder them.

Gin Fri 24-Mar-23 11:04:11

Just looked at the website for Snagtights. My goodness what large ladies! Sorry I suppose that is just very judgemental but they really surprised me.

silverlining48 Fri 24-Mar-23 11:10:50

Why would anyone be surprised. ? There are large ladies everywhere who also need to put tights etc on. I get sick of really skinny models showing clothes which look quite different on real life women.
As you say, very judgmental.

M0nica Fri 24-Mar-23 11:11:48

Always wear tights, with trousers and skirts. Never had a problem putting them on. I buy my tights in Sainsbury's or Superdrug.

silverlining48 Fri 24-Mar-23 11:15:17

Whenever I put tights on which isn’t often they always slip down under the crotch sometimes halfway to my knees. I am short and wide at hip and have never found any that fit properly.

FannyCornforth Fri 24-Mar-23 11:19:06

I loathe tights. Leggings all the time.
I got some super light leggings from M&S called ‘sleep leggings’. They are sooo comfy, but they don’t seem to do them anymore (naturally, for M&S 🙄)

Kalu Fri 24-Mar-23 11:20:23

silverlining48

Why would anyone be surprised. ? There are large ladies everywhere who also need to put tights etc on. I get sick of really skinny models showing clothes which look quite different on real life women.
As you say, very judgmental.

Real life women!
Now, who is being judgemental?

midgey Fri 24-Mar-23 11:20:50

I wear elasticated tights, if you think normal tights are tricky….

silverlining48 Fri 24-Mar-23 11:21:07

Yes leggings with socks if necessary solve my problem of tights always slipping.

silverlining48 Fri 24-Mar-23 11:22:51

I have body shaping underwear which is the biggest fight of all to get into, hence I no longer bother.

silverlining48 Fri 24-Mar-23 11:25:00

My Extra large looks as if it’s sized for a child.

M0nica Fri 24-Mar-23 11:34:39

What is more offensive, assuming everyone is slim or assuming everyone is fat?

PinkCosmos Fri 24-Mar-23 11:41:08

I also recommend Snag Tights.

I would always get 15 or 20 denier with lycra. They seem to be a bit stronger and I am less likely to make holes in them whilst putting them on.

Gin Fri 24-Mar-23 11:44:26

I am by no means a slim lady but these models are not chubby, fat or cuddly but grossly obese. Would I want to wear a bikini if I was as large as that? I wait for the bricks to fall!

IrishDancing Fri 24-Mar-23 11:45:57

M0nica

What is more offensive, assuming everyone is slim or assuming everyone is fat?

Depends what size you are I guess M0nica wink

aonk Fri 24-Mar-23 11:55:07

I don’t wear tights that often. Trousers or jeans in Winter and bare legs with midis in Summer. I like hold ups and they work well for me as I struggle with tight clothing across my stomach. I’m pleased with the ones I’ve bought from M and S. You need to avoid body or hand lotion or they might fall down!

Esmay Fri 24-Mar-23 11:57:31

It's hard to find big tights .
Tights which you can't get past your knee isn't a good look .I find tights really uncomfortable .

Most of my dresses are quite long .
Or I wear trousers .

In the summer , I use fake tan on my white blotchy thoroughly unattractive legs .

Redhead56 Fri 24-Mar-23 14:07:11

I am a size 12/14 5.5 tall no matter what tights I want I buy extra large otherwise it is a struggle to get them on.

IwasaMaidofKent Fri 24-Mar-23 14:53:43

Snag tights in raspberry, about 2 years old and still holding up. I forget I have them on, so so comfy and they wash well!

paddyann54 Fri 24-Mar-23 15:13:41

I wear support tights from Boots ,have for years.They come in different denier so 15 for a dressed up look and thirty for an opaque under a shorter dress .I was always on my feet for many hours a day and these were great for tired legs